5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I
@Shifts And Grins Fab Here are a few photos from under my truck. I focused on the passenger side since I couldn’t get a wide enough angle but the driver side is the exact same. View attachment 117669 View attachment 117670 View attachment 117671
So to elaborate, the top holes being used were already there on both sides, I had to drill the bottom holes. In order to fit the Diode Dynamics light bar which is 31.5 inches total with the brackets this way I had to flip them around to make them wider. And since the brackets are not perfectly symmetrical I had to put the driver bracket on passenger side and vice versa, otherwise the light bar would have been sitting to low in the grille for most of the light to shoot out. As you can see the bumper support bracket hits the light bar brackets and stop them from going any wider ( which is why I had to flip, and then swap the brackets around. ) actually in the photo you can see the bottom right corner of the bracket is sitting behind the bumper support bracket, that’s where it contacted on the bottom. The top side is to tall to slide under the curving bumper bracket so it’s just sitting flush against it.

If the brackets were just slightly shorter, I may have been able to use the two bolts of that bumper support bracket but I’m not sure if they would line up with the light bar bracket holes, I thought about cutting the brackets shorter to go that route but that seemed like a lot of work lol.

I’m pretty happy with the brackets themselves, seems like I could mount a pretty heavy light bar to em and never have to worry about it. Also including the 4 bolts in the box was awesome, saved me a trip to Home Depot!

Im happy to take measurements or answer any more questions, thanks for making these!
I'd be curious how much shorter they would need to be to sit under the factory bracket. I really appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let us know. Your solution definitely worked as well.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like you truck uses an extra bracket not on the Rebel but the holes for those are there. I think with the brackets flipped (back to the original side) and bolted under that factory bracket, it should have put you in the correct place. The new brackets have more adjustment to them as well. It's pretty hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like that is what I am seeing. Thank you very much for the feedback and I am glad you got your bar installed. Looks great. I can't wait for our TRX to come in so we can outfit it with lots of Diode Dynamics lights.
You’re welcome!
When I get some free time again I’ll get you the measurements for how much shorter the bracket needs to be to fit under that bumper support bracket. Just from being under there for a bit, I think you are correct that if the brackets could go under the support on my truck they would be just about perfect length but I’ll measure and confirm!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You’re welcome!
When I get some free time again I’ll get you the measurements for how much shorter the bracket needs to be to fit under that bumper support bracket. Just from being under there for a bit, I think you are correct that if the brackets could go under the support on my truck they would be just about perfect length but I’ll measure and confirm!
Thank you! I appreciate you. The Rebel doesn't have that extra support and bolts up to those holes where that support bolts up to so a small modification to make our bracket fit under that extra support bracket should be all that is needed.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We also have some Diode Dynamics lights up on the page and are adding more. We are Diode Dynamics dealers and get any light they offer it is just time consuming getting them added to the page and I have been focussing on filling orders and trying to get ahead so we have items in stock.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
okay I’ve got a bit of information here on the brackets and the bumper supports.
2830EE70-FF26-433D-B7CA-858ECCAA6277.jpeg
Okay so the light bar brackets are 8.5 inches tall, the metal framing the bracket is bolted to is 7 and 3/4 inches tall, so in order for the brackets to slide and fit between the framing and the bumper support, the brackets need to be shaved down 3/4 of an inch total. I think this is doable since the brackets currently have 3/4 of an inch of extra metal past the bolt holes on each side, losing 3/8’s of that per side should be okay.

From the center of each bolt the way I drilled my holes is exactly 6 inches and the two bolts you see for the bumper support are also exactly 6 inches so I believe the brackets could work in that position. This would result in a width around 34-36 inches for a light bar.

The only thing I do not know is wether the support bracket can shift out enough to fit the light bar bracket without extra spacers where it bolts to the bumper, if that makes sense.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
okay I’ve got a bit of information here on the brackets and the bumper supports.
View attachment 121517
Okay so the light bar brackets are 8.5 inches tall, the metal framing the bracket is bolted to is 7 and 3/4 inches tall, so in order for the brackets to slide and fit between the framing and the bumper support, the brackets need to be shaved down 3/4 of an inch total. I think this is doable since the brackets currently have 3/4 of an inch of extra metal past the bolt holes on each side, losing 3/8’s of that per side should be okay.

From the center of each bolt the way I drilled my holes is exactly 6 inches and the two bolts you see for the bumper support are also exactly 6 inches so I believe the brackets could work in that position. This would result in a width around 34-36 inches for a light bar.

The only thing I do not know is wether the support bracket can shift out enough to fit the light bar bracket without extra spacers where it bolts to the bumper, if that makes sense.
Great info. Out of the several hundred brackets we have sold we have been contacted by three people so far with this extra bracket that is definitely not on the Rebels. I am trying to gather more information on what trucks have this extra bracket and what it is for. It looks like we will be making a version 3 of our bracket to solve this issue. I also believe if we shorten the overall height as mentioned above, it will allow the bracket to be installed on opposite sides (passenger on driver and driver on passenger) with no new holes having to be drilled and without having to install it under the bracket. I think installing it under the bracket would also be an option. I am modifying a set of the version 2 brackets today to send to a customer to test this theory. If it works as I think it will, that modification will become version 3. TO be clear, Version 1 and Version 2 both work as designed with no modifications needed if the truck does not have extra bracket on the truck shown above. The only time we have run in to problems is on the trucks that have that extra bracket.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I am placing a new laser order today. We modified the CAD file so the overall height will no be 6.996" . This will allow options to mount under the bracket or like others have, inboard of that bracket. Until we get our new materials in, get them built and powder coated, I can modify our current brackets to fit underneath the bracket or inboard of it with no issues. I modified 4 sets I sent out yesterday. I'd love for everyone to share their photos of their light bars installed so we can share them on social media.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We have version 3.0 of the brackets built and building more. Overall the only thing that changed is where our brackets mount to the truck, we trimmed the excess so they will clear the brackets seen on the Limiteds and a few other models of trucks. If anyone has photos of the Diode Dynamics or other brand light bar using our brackets, on a limited, we'd love to see them. We are trying to help out a customer with a limited and it appears his light bar is sitting lower than on the Rebels and other trucks I have seen. Thank you in advance.

6D696789-7AC0-456D-99EA-10C39B3AFA62.JPG BEA5E07D-D4C0-484F-BD26-41DDF8A45D7C.JPG IMG_0690.jpg

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Most have used straight that I have talked to but a few have used curved. I think it is a lot tighter with curved. If I recall correctly a few that used curved removed the plastic grill and pushed the bar out flush with that opening. I'll see if I can find any of those messages and pictures.
Were you ever able to find pics? I have a 30in RC single row curved bar from an old truck to try and use.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Were you ever able to find pics? I have a 30in RC single row curved bar from an old truck to try and use.
I wasn't. It doesn't appear I saved them to my phone. It was somebody on instagram but I can't recall who. We have sold several hundreds of these sets now so they are harder to keep to straight. If you do install a curved bar, I'd love to see it and this time save pictures for others to see.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll order a light bar from amazon to test, what brand works best?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
I wasn't. It doesn't appear I saved them to my phone. It was somebody on instagram but I can't recall who. We have sold several hundreds of these sets now so they are harder to keep to straight. If you do install a curved bar, I'd love to see it and this time save pictures for others to see.

Ordered. I’ll post pics here once I get them.
1074981a31c5c306726ed04a4ce011a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Got my 30in curved RC black series installed. I had to install the brackets similarly to how RC does their 20in brackets using the Oem bumper bracket bolts. Zero issues with the lightbar clearance and the sensors. But the light bar does sit at the bottom of the opening. If I got a dual row the bottom half of the the dual row wouldn’t shine though.

This is on a late model 2021 Laramie.

4c9009545a188a3f6546a48beca34886.jpg

8a4eabcb44be99ff99cf70a50832bf44.jpg

e168feabaa2c84b9fe2a96b6bd4d4f47.jpg

34b66309e44cf096420140e63d8aba11.jpg

c08a205a61ba032d6a5da1109c0b9fc9.jpg

c3d40ebb82714374e7abb7bf37525d15.jpg

850c7c96ab358fbbe41d69622080cc20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great! I am trying to figure out if it is the trucks with active air dam or what but some of the trucks, (all non Rebel trims) the light bar sits dead center of the opening and others it sits at the bottom of the opening. The Rebels are all dead center of the opening and some of the non Rebels sit dead center. If anyone knows which trucks have the lower bumper grill that sits a little higher I am all ears. All of the installs we have done have been Rebels so I don't have a large sample size to pull data from personally, only pictures from customers. Thanks for posting that up!

Users who are viewing this thread