5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4×4 Off-Road Package

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking but I see people asking questions about adding lifts to the off-road package so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I guess it is relevant for adding spacers but I am personally not a fan of that route.

for myself with the off-road pckg - i just want to level the front and add bigger tires. (y)

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all! New here and still deciding which setup to go with for the DT. I was wondering if it makes sense to get the off-road package if I am going to be adding a lift to it anyways? I can add the locker and skid plates separate and if the shocks are getting replaced like on the 2" MOPAR kit, then what else would it get me?

For reference I am looking at the Laramie crew cab, 5.7l etorque, 4x4, 3.92 axle, 5'7" box and still debating on Ram Box or not. Thanks!
Instead of the off road group I got the protection group on my Longhorn which is basically the skid plates of the off road group. I then just recently had a 3 1/2” suspension lift added. I will post pictures when I get the aftermarket wheels and 35x12.5 tires on.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
But it sure is nice looking sticker! :p

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I had a feeling this was the case but always good to double check.
Well I just rebuilt one online and the cost of just the protection group and e-locker is more than the off-road package which includes both items plus other benefits like hill descent, etc. Looks like off-road is the way to go.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Well I just rebuilt one online and the cost of just the protection group and e-locker is more than the off-road package which includes both items plus other benefits like hill descent, etc. Looks like off-road is the way to go.

be careful. as of two weeks ago -the e-locker was NOT included in the off road package (united states and canada) dealer has to add extra $$$ to include it .$500ish in canada. plus the off road package deletes the 20" rims (to 18" rims). i still can't figure it out. :mad:. best to ckeck
with a dealer to see what it entails(y)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
be careful. as of two weeks ago -the e-locker was NOT included in the off road package (united states and canada) dealer has to add extra $$$ to include it .$500ish in canada. plus the off road package deletes the 20" rims (to 18" rims). i still can't figure it out. :mad:. best to ckeck
with a dealer to see what it entails(y)
i got the off road package with the e-locker and 2oin rims...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It is weird, the off road package says it includes the elocker but when you build one on the computer, through the dealer it forces you to add the elocker separately and is a $500 something add on (Canadian) I verified this myself as we were building different combinations of trucks for me at the dealers computer and I was looking at the screen picking the options myself.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is weird, the off road package says it includes the elocker but when you build one on the computer, through the dealer it forces you to add the elocker separately and is a $500 something add on (Canadian) I verified this myself as we were building different combinations of trucks for me at the dealers computer and I was looking at the screen picking the options myself.

Which truck were you building. I know I just ordered my Rebel and it says it comes standard with E-locker. I may have to go back in and confirm this.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Which truck were you building. I know I just ordered my Rebel and it says it comes standard with E-locker. I may have to go back in and confirm this.

I built a Laramie a Limited and a Sport and it happened on all of them. Shouldn't be an issue on the Rebel as the e-locker is standard.

borant

Reaction score
If you will check final summary page e-Locker will be shown as "included" w/o extra cost if Off-road group was selected

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
i got the off road package with the e-locker and 2oin rims...

ironically it is your POC sheet that i used to confirm the e-locker is NOT included in the u.s. off-road package- and HAS an additional cost.(y)
not sure on the 20 " wheels though? i actually have your POC printed on my desk at work. comparing prices :)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ironically it is your POC sheet that i used to confirm the e-locker is NOT included in the u.s. off-road package- and HAS an additional cost.(y)
not sure on the 20 " wheels though? i actually have your POC printed on my desk at work. comparing prices :)
haha thats cool to know that its helping ya. I know for certain when I ordered the truck I just clicked on off road package I didn't have to add or click on the e-locker. I see the POC has them separated though but the e-locker has a cost of $0 on my POC.

Kidder

Reaction score

My salesperson tried to build my truck yesterday for a special order. Adding the off-road package (which is currently restricted) added the E-locker automatically (but not the protection group - weird). Anyway, the price for the E-locker shows $0. The off-road package shows $795 but is currently on restriction.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
My salesperson tried to build my truck yesterday for a special order. Adding the off-road package (which is currently restricted) added the E-locker automatically (but not the protection group - weird). Anyway, the price for the E-locker shows $0. The off-road package shows $795 but is currently on restriction.

im up in canada so things are definitely different (i think there is a bug in our ordering system - and should be included in the price) i see you ordered the sport group - up here in canada the off road package trumps the sport package and comes with 18" rims. i want the 20" rims and it costs an extra $950. something just doesn't seem right:confused:

XDBrad

Reaction score
On the ORP trucks, which leveling kits have been installed by folks here in the group? Rough Country is adamant that neither their leveling or lift kits will work with the ORP. I’m leaning towards the ReadyLIFT 2”, anyone install one yet? I’m not overly concerned about warranty so the OEM is a bit pricey for me.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
On the ORP trucks, which leveling kits have been installed by folks here in the group? Rough Country is adamant that neither their leveling or lift kits will work with the ORP. I’m leaning towards the ReadyLIFT 2”, anyone install one yet? I’m not overly concerned about warranty so the OEM is a bit pricey for me.

I have been watching for a levelled ram with ORP as well . nothing yet . keep us posted if you do level ur truck. ill be waiting.(y)

XDBrad

Reaction score
The wheels are next, not sure if I want to stick to OEM or aftermarket. For now I’m trying to find a leveling kit that will work to add some room up front and get rid of the rake. I don’t understand why RC is saying theirs won’t work but certainly not going to buy one in an attempt to prove them wrong.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I posted one on here...it was still for sale last week. I will try to find it and bring it over here

Users who are viewing this thread