5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4×4 Off-Road Package

BLKMOPAR

Reaction score
The 4×4 Off-Road Package now stands alone and includes a one-inch suspension lift, with or without the available air suspension. Does anyone know how the 1" lift is achieved? Are they just adding spacers or are the actual components different? I would like to think the rear spring is taller rather than adding a 1" spacer on top. What happens if you add the Mopar 2" Fox kit at a later date? Will the truck sit 3" taller or are you replacing spacers with taller ones only to gain another inch? Can you even add the Mopar kit to the off-road package? Nothing worse than ordering something that may not be compatible with upgrades in the future. Air suspension is a perfect example because lift options are very limited and not worth the headaches. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have a few discusions on this. Not sure we ever got a definitive answer. I just posted a pic of an of road package with a level and 34s

I got to check out the Mopar Bighorn at Carlilse with the Mopar lift and there is plenty of room for and bigger tire there even.

If you get the off road package, and add the 2" I believe you will only get two inch not 3.

I don't believe the ORP is just spacers, I believe it is an engineered lift.

This is all based on our discussions here and thoughts from reading given literature. So no claims are verified.

Checkout the other threads and see what you think. If you need links to them let me know and I will round them up.

BLKMOPAR

Reaction score
We have a few discusions on this. Not sure we ever got a definitive answer. I just posted a pic of an of road package with a level and 34s

I got to check out the Mopar Bighorn at Carlilse with the Mopar lift and there is plenty of room for and bigger tire there even.

If you get the off road package, and add the 2" I believe you will only get two inch not 3.

I don't believe the ORP is just spacers, I believe it is an engineered lift.

This is all based on our discussions here and thoughts from reading given literature. So no claims are verified.

Checkout the other threads and see what you think. If you need links to them let me know and I will round them up.
Thanks for the reply. I did read somewhere that the Mopar kit would only add 1" to the off-road package. This leads me to believe that they are using a spacer in the off-road package rather than a taller spring. If the spring was 1" taller, it only makes sense that when adding the 2" spacer included in the Mopar kit you would gain a total of 3". Thus the confusion.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2018-07-14-21-50-11-jpg.1414

MOPAR Bighorn

2018-07-15-13-41-21-jpg.1446

Bighorn with ORP and level with 34 inch tires

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I did read somewhere that the Mopar kit would only add 1" to the off-road package. This leads me to believe that they are using a spacer in the off-road package rather than a taller spring. If the spring was 1" taller, it only makes sense that when adding the 2" spacer included in the Mopar kit you would gain a total of 3". Thus the confusion.
I didn't notice they used a spacer in the lift...you are onto something then. I really thought the Rebel and ORP were engineered with the lift.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't notice they used a spacer in the lift...you are onto something then. I really thought the Rebel and ORP were engineered with the lift.

They are an engineered lift, no spacers are used to achieve the extra ride height of the off road package.

BLKMOPAR

Reaction score
They are an engineered lift, no spacers are used to achieve the extra ride height of the off road package.
Thanks for confirming, that's definitely good news. I wonder if anyone has added the Mopar Kit to the off-road package and what the actual results are?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. If I recall correctly, this was discussed in the recorded podcast with the head of Ram engineering that was shared a few days back.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if you add a 2in lift then you will have a 2in lift not a 3in lift is what I was told.

BLKMOPAR

Reaction score
if you add a 2in lift then you will have a 2in lift not a 3in lift is what I was told.
I've been told the same. It just doesn't make sense. The Mopar Kit includes 2" spacers for the rear coils. If you add them to a spring that is already an 1" taller than stock, you should end up 3" higher than a truck without the off-road package. If the spring is the same length, than it must have a 1" spacer that is replaced with the 2" spacer included in the Mopar Kit.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I've been told the same. It just doesn't make sense. The Mopar Kit includes 2" spacers for the rear coils. If you add them to a spring that is already an 1" taller than stock, you should end up 3" higher than a truck without the off-road package. If the spring is the same length, than it must have a 1" spacer that is replaced with the 2" spacer included in the Mopar Kit.

5thGen, I read alacombe's reply as you will get an additional 2" over what you already have. So in your case, 3"?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
5thGen, I read alacombe's reply as you will get an additional 2" over what you already have. So in your case, 3"?
If you add the 2 inch lift, you get 2 inches. The one inch goes away somehow. No one has confirmed it being 3inch. Just like with the air ride it should be a 3 inch lift, but somehow you only get the same 2 inch every trim gets.

Very confusing.

Makes no sense.

But that is the consensus so far.

borant

Reaction score
Maybe you miss understood me. If you have the 1in lift and add the 2in lift you will not then have a 3in lift you still will have a 2in lift.

Can you take height measurements of your truck w/o air suspension? As I posted in https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/off-road-air-suspension-heights.351/ there is no actual physical lift with ORP with air suspension, my build sheet says "raised ride height", not "lift" and my observation that it just a different software setting for air suspension.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What I'm thinking is that the off road package probably has a 1 inch longer spring (we know it has different shocks, the spring perch on the shocks could even be in a different spot for the off road package), if you do a 2 inch lift spring that would more than likely be measured as a 2 inch longer spring than the regular suspension therefore only being 1 inch longer than the off road spring. That said if we are talking about adding spacers a 2 inch spacer should give 2 inches, but that obviously isn't confirmed yet and there's information stating the opposite.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Hey all! New here and still deciding which setup to go with for the DT. I was wondering if it makes sense to get the off-road package if I am going to be adding a lift to it anyways? I can add the locker and skid plates separate and if the shocks are getting replaced like on the 2" MOPAR kit, then what else would it get me?

For reference I am looking at the Laramie crew cab, 5.7l etorque, 4x4, 3.92 axle, 5'7" box and still debating on Ram Box or not. Thanks!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all! New here and still deciding which setup to go with for the DT. I was wondering if it makes sense to get the off-road package if I am going to be adding a lift to it anyways? I can add the locker and skid plates separate and if the shocks are getting replaced like on the 2" MOPAR kit, then what else would it get me?

For reference I am looking at the Laramie crew cab, 5.7l etorque, 4x4, 3.92 axle, 5'7" box and still debating on Ram Box or not. Thanks!
pointless then if your going to do all that. You would just be gaining the stickers then lol

DaBoone37

Reaction score
pointless then if your going to do all that. You would just be gaining the stickers then lol
That's what I was thinking but I see people asking questions about adding lifts to the off-road package so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I guess it is relevant for adding spacers but I am personally not a fan of that route.

Users who are viewing this thread