5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squi8080

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have noticed on a few videos, One from TFL Trucks and another from Car confections, the ram boxes didn't open with the buttons. Both teams stumpled through this on the video and wrote it off to pre-production/not a feature...dunno...
Well, this weekend, I was passing by a RAM dealership and saw a 2025 Limited with Ramboxes on the lot and figured I would stop by and give it a test drive since my Tungsten won't be here before we colonize Mars.
First I drive a 2019 with RAMBoxes and cannot go to a truck without them. I use them to store countless tools and supplies that I just don't want to leave home without so I know how they are supposed to work and fit.
I was shocked when I tried to open the ramboxes with the button and they didn't work. I made sure the truck was unlocked, I locked and unlocked the truck, opened and closed them with the manual key but couldn't open them with the buttons.
Additionally the drivers side gap closest to the cab was so tight the lid was touching the body panel while the side closest to the tailgate was normal. How could they let this leave QA like this?
The passenger side bottom of the Rambox gap was almost 5/8". That is WAY to big. The drivers side was about 1/4". This may be able to be adjusted out, but again, how can they let this leave QA?
When I went and test drive it, It drove very nice and smooth. It is definitely smoother than my 19. However, there is significantly more body roll when taking a corner. I had to check to ensure the air suspension wasn't all the way up or something.
But, I have to say the biggest issue I had on the test drive was idling through the parking lot. The truck was hopping like it was going in and out of gear. Not terribly but very distracting like I was tapping the gas pedal. I had by foot on the brake so that I could control the speed in the parking lot.
I also think the limited interior got a downgrade from the previous limited. There is now cloth on the seats, and the steering wheel no longer has the wood at the top.
I say all of this to ensure that each of you check your trucks thoroughly when you get them. I'm actually really concerned about the quality of my Tungsten when/if it arrives.

Seriously considering going look at GMC...I really want this truck but this test drive has shaken me up.
That is interesting and sounds like that dealership got a dud from rushing the order possibly. Great points to always do a good walk around and check of everything before taking delivery.

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
VINDealerCity, STBeing BuiltIn TransitDeliveredSold Order
1C6SRFKP0SN568855Coastline Chrysler Dodge Jeep RamSan Juan Capistrano, CA8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP1SN568895Suburban Cdjr Of Garden CityGarden City, MI8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP1SN568962Helfman River Oaks Chrysler Jeep DodgeHouston, TX8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP1SN569156Charlie's Dodge Chrysler Jeep RamMaumee, OH8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP1SN569299Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, LLCLake Charles, LA8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP3SN568865McKinney Dodge Chrysler Jeep, Inc.Easley, SC8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP3SN569014Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, LLCLake Charles, LA8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP3SN590333Denton Chrysler Dodge Jeep RamDenton, TX8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP4SN569023Helfman River Oaks Chrysler Jeep DodgeHouston, TX8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP5SN569063O'Daniel Motor Sales IncFort Wayne, IN8/17/2024No
1C6SRFKP6SN569332St. Helens Chrysler Dodge Jeep RamWarren, OR8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP6SN569377Grapevine Dodge Chrysler JeepGrapevine, TX8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP7SN593204Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, LLCLake Charles, LA8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP8SN569297Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler JeepHouston, TX8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP9SN569034**** Rapids Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram**** Rapids, MI8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP9SN569096Route 1 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Of LawrencevilleLawrence Township, NJ8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP9SN569440Spur Chrysler Dodge Jeep RamGatesville, TX8/17/2024Yes
1C6SRFKP9SN591759Bergey's Chrysler Jeep DodgeSouderton, PA8/17/2024No
1C6SRFKPXSN569186Mark Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, LLCLake Charles, LA8/17/2024Yes
What models are these?

Shano

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have noticed on a few videos, One from TFL Trucks and another from Car confections, the ram boxes didn't open with the buttons. Both teams stumpled through this on the video and wrote it off to pre-production/not a feature...dunno...
Well, this weekend, I was passing by a RAM dealership and saw a 2025 Limited with Ramboxes on the lot and figured I would stop by and give it a test drive since my Tungsten won't be here before we colonize Mars.
First I drive a 2019 with RAMBoxes and cannot go to a truck without them. I use them to store countless tools and supplies that I just don't want to leave home without so I know how they are supposed to work and fit.
I was shocked when I tried to open the ramboxes with the button and they didn't work. I made sure the truck was unlocked, I locked and unlocked the truck, opened and closed them with the manual key but couldn't open them with the buttons.
Additionally the drivers side gap closest to the cab was so tight the lid was touching the body panel while the side closest to the tailgate was normal. How could they let this leave QA like this?
The passenger side bottom of the Rambox gap was almost 5/8". That is WAY to big. The drivers side was about 1/4". This may be able to be adjusted out, but again, how can they let this leave QA?
When I went and test drive it, It drove very nice and smooth. It is definitely smoother than my 19. However, there is significantly more body roll when taking a corner. I had to check to ensure the air suspension wasn't all the way up or something.
But, I have to say the biggest issue I had on the test drive was idling through the parking lot. The truck was hopping like it was going in and out of gear. Not terribly but very distracting like I was tapping the gas pedal. I had by foot on the brake so that I could control the speed in the parking lot.
I also think the limited interior got a downgrade from the previous limited. There is now cloth on the seats, and the steering wheel no longer has the wood at the top.
I say all of this to ensure that each of you check your trucks thoroughly when you get them. I'm actually really concerned about the quality of my Tungsten when/if it arrives.

Seriously considering going look at GMC...I really want this truck but this test drive has shaken me up.
So is this button thing just a defect you think? That is very important because I open those quite a bit? You had to use the key each time?

Gene375

Reaction score
I’ve had my latest on order for a while and wound up here..
I ordered a Delmonico Red Limited 6’4’ With pano sunroof, trailer tow group and 22” wheels.
my current is a 21 big horn night 6’4’ Crew, and before that my 2018 max steel Tungsten.
lookin forward to being back in a Limited for retirement…
couldn’t wait for the forged blue…and this wait, well, this makes the 3rd ordered Crew in 6’4’ bed.
On the way,. Can’t believe it this soom IMG_3878.jpeg

dammitbobby

Reaction score
On the way,. Can’t believe it this soom View attachment 188269
Mind blowing to me lol I ordered mine in April and my truck is sitting in limbo after being built. And I know some people ordered way before me and their trucks haven’t even been built yet. There really is no rhyme or reason to when they build these things lol. Just out of curiosity did you get the limited level A package?

lcdrglyd

Reaction score
I'll probably be one of the last/latest orders, as I placed mine on July 10 for the Tungsten. No significant updates yet, of course. My vin is 596254

Tungsten Delmonico Red, pano sunroof, multi-function tailgate, tow tech/trailer tow, bed-util, off-road

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Mind blowing to me lol I ordered mine in April and my truck is sitting in limbo after being built. And I know some people ordered way before me and their trucks haven’t even been built yet. There really is no rhyme or reason to when they build these things lol. Just out of curiosity did you get the limited level A package?
I wonder how much of what gets built and what doesn’t is determined by which dealer placed their order. We have seen that orders from Mark Dodge seem to come through quick. I ordered one from a different dealer two weeks before and it is still scheduled whereas the one I ordered through Mark Dodge is almost complete but waiting to be shipped

Maybe people should put in their signature what dealership their vehicle was ordered through so we can see more of a correlation?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder how much of what gets built and what doesn’t is determined by which dealer placed their order. We have seen that orders from Mark Dodge seem to come through quick. I ordered one from a different dealer two weeks before and it is still scheduled whereas the one I ordered through Mark Dodge is almost complete but waiting to be shipped

Maybe people should put in their signature what dealership their vehicle was ordered through so we can see more of a correlation?
Allocation is a thing, it's more commonly discussed with corvettes, etc, but I'd imagine it's at play here.

Pikeman_66

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There is not supposed to be cloth on the limited seats! If there is I will be p—-Ed! The steering wheel is leather wrapped all around and a wood insert in the bottom for the spoke area from what I have seen. Now I am nervous! I hate cloth

PetePA

Reaction score
There is not supposed to be cloth on the limited seats! If there is I will be p—-Ed! The steering wheel is leather wrapped all around and a wood insert in the bottom for the spoke area from what I have seen. Now I am nervous! I hate cloth

I think it's shown in one of the Car Confections videos on YouTube. There is a small portion on the Limited seats which is cloth. Looks to be for aesthetics only. The vast majority is leather.

Pikeman_66

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's shown in one of the Car Confections videos on YouTube. There is a small portion on the Limited seats which is cloth. Looks to be for aesthetics only. The vast majority is leather.
Thanks Pete, that won’t make me happy I’m afraid, I guess we will see. No sense getting worked up now about but the dealer told me that the truck ordered was solid leather seating with perforated holes in them for the cooling. I always want to try cat skins I guess, I always thought GMs Leather was not as nice as it could be in my past trucks.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Pete, that won’t make me happy I’m afraid, I guess we will see. No sense getting worked up now about but the dealer told me that the truck ordered was solid leather seating with perforated holes in them for the cooling. I always want to try cat skins I guess, I always thought GMs Leather was not as nice as it could be in my past trucks.
It definitely looks like there are cloth or other material inserts within the leather..you can see it right on rams website ramtrucks.com/ram1500design.html and scroll down and look at the ram interior photos. I'm pretty sure I saw it on a couple videos online as well, but I might be mistaken

Shano

Reaction score
Does your ordered truck have the 2k power inverter in the bed? Mine is still not scheduled and the order was confirmed on 1/7/2024. Trying to figure out what option is holding it up, bad thing is that my dealer acts like they cant change anything at this point anyway. Thank you.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Does your ordered truck have the 2k power inverter in the bed? Mine is still not scheduled and the order was confirmed on 1/7/2024. Trying to figure out what option is holding it up, bad thing is that my dealer acts like they cant change anything at this point anyway. Thank you.
The 2K power inverter is not an option at this point in time. If that is on your truck, then theoretically, it may never be built or may only be about once they figure that out, which who knows when that will be? You may be waiting a really long time if you can’t get them to either change the order or cancel it and start a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread