5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PetePA

Reaction score
Captain Obvious here for an important reminder.....automative manufacturing is likely an incredibly complex process. While I share in the concern and frustration waiting for an expensive truck, and appreciate all the insights, comments, etc. - we are only seeing a sliver of the end to end process and cannot possibly reverse engineer what causes issues in quality, speed, etc. - but it is good therapy to vent and to share what folks are actually seeing/hearing/experiencing. I'm sure plenty of smart people are working to improve things.
Now where did I put that Toyota brochure? :)

Hey now, I think we can reverse engineer some of it with varying degrees of accuracy. A few of us had made some spot-on deductions based on the information we have via available data, comments from the CEO and comments from SHAP employees.

At the very least, we've started some good rumors.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Captain Obvious here for an important reminder.....automative manufacturing is likely an incredibly complex process. While I share in the concern and frustration waiting for an expensive truck, and appreciate all the insights, comments, etc. - we are only seeing a sliver of the end to end process and cannot possibly reverse engineer what causes issues in quality, speed, etc. - but it is good therapy to vent and to share what folks are actually seeing/hearing/experiencing. I'm sure plenty of smart people are working to improve things.
Now where did I put that Toyota brochure? :)
Yet Ford and GM (and Ram used to) spit out tons of trucks a day and ship them right out.
Just got a text from my dealer stating that my truck was built and it's now in storage. How long do they usually keep them in storage for until they're shipped?
No one here knows, it's likely a QA hold. My '19 was built and shipped right out, it does no good for them to build them and store them, unless they're waiting to fill up a truck or train car...

KubotaTed

Reaction score
So I decided to look at a GMC Denali Ultimate 1500 today. It was nice in alot of ways, but missing several things that attracts me to the RAM. Price is about $7k lower on the GMC (and that is without “negotiating”). If my Tunsten build date keeps slipping, then I’ll entertain the GMC, but I think right now I’ll try the route of patience (which is the road less traveled for me).

I then stopped at my Ford dealer that I like. Get this…. To order a Platinum trim F-150, expect to wait 6-7 months. When I ordered my current F-150 Platinum from this dealer (in COVID), it was delivered in just over 3 months.

Sounds like there is a lot of struggles going on with upper trim assembly by both RAM and Ford.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
Yeah. Not normal behavior to fill up entire garages or parking lots with trucks instead of sending them out after a short amount of time. They are holding onto them until they figure something out. There’s QC issues somewhere.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I decided to look at a GMC Denali Ultimate 1500 today. It was nice in alot of ways, but missing several things that attracts me to the RAM. Price is about $7k lower on the GMC (and that is without “negotiating”). If my Tunsten build date keeps slipping, then I’ll entertain the GMC, but I think right now I’ll try the route of patience (which is the road less traveled for me).

I then stopped at my Ford dealer that I like. Get this…. To order a Platinum trim F-150, expect to wait 6-7 months. When I ordered my current F-150 Platinum from this dealer (in COVID), it was delivered in just over 3 months.

Sounds like there is a lot of struggles going on with upper trim assembly by both RAM and Ford.
Look at Laura GMC for the best negotiated price. They are the "Mark Dodge" of the GMC world.

Users who are viewing this thread