5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
That is very similar to my trucks dates given. I wonder if the build goes fast but then the outside parts like sidestep and bedliner is what slows it down.
From my understanding the longest part of the builds is probably the quality control and or fixing things that aren’t right off the line. That will cause the most delays.

PetePA

Reaction score
From my understanding the longest part of the builds is probably the quality control and or fixing things that aren’t right off the line. That will cause the most delays.
My understanding as well. Whether you get it quickly is all chance once it's built.

On a positive note, the CEO is on their as$ to improve their DRR (direct run rate) meaning that, if the plant is listening, our odds of getting our trucks quickly after they're manufactured should in theory be improving.

Peterhenric

Reaction score
That is very similar to my trucks dates given. I wonder if the build goes fast but then the outside parts like sidestep and bedliner is what slows it down.
Bedliner is a Mopar item, right? I’d assume the Sidesteps are definitely a “made for” item manufactured by someone else.

Having seen some have a month long delay from mfg to ship date I’m guessing that’s “normal” right now. Mine shows a 2 month delay which seems excessive but I’m hoping that changes.

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
Bedliner is a Mopar item, right? I’d assume the Sidesteps are definitely a “made for” item manufactured by someone else.

Having seen some have a month long delay from mfg to ship date I’m guessing that’s “normal” right now. Mine shows a 2 month delay which seems excessive but I’m hoping that changes.
If Bedliner or side steps are items that slow the delivery of the truck, I'd prefer they give me the option to delete those items and get the truck. I can have both items installed locally in a day the is convenient to me and the installer.

PetePA

Reaction score
If Bedliner or side steps are items that slow the delivery of the truck, I'd prefer they give me the option to delete those items and get the truck. I can have both items installed locally in a day the is convenient to me and the installer.
Would be nice, but the problem that allowing mid-cycle order changes creates is chaos. From what I understand, SHAP is already chaotic as it is, so that would increase their $hxt show level from maybe a 7 to a 9 which I'm sure they want to avoid. However, what you can do is cancel an order and place an order for something else without forfeiting your deposit (I think all dealers allow that).

I do agree that it would be great if they could better communicate lead times based on options selected, but that might be a) impossible to do if their suppliers aren't sufficiently communicating; and b) bad for business as it could discourage folks from spending money on certain options.

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
Pete, as someone involved in manufacturing, it is not hard to uncheck a box to delete items that are a bottleneck that is affecting the line downstream. In fact, it improves productivity which usually improves quality.

Because they communicate so poorly on items that don't have to be done by Ram (i.e. can be done by the dealership or third party providers locally), if I could do it over again, I'd leave off my bed liner, side steps, etc. and advise others to do so.

shep023

Reaction score
I logged into the tracker this morning and it said that my truck was in the process of being built on 8/5. I hadn't went in and checked it since the dealership told me 8/10, so RAM is actually starting 5 days earlier. 😂

Now we will have to see how long the next leg of the journey takes.....

jakelsl2009

Reaction score
I had ordered my Ram 1500 Rebel towards the end of May and have yet to receive the VIN. Not sure what is going on but my dealership can't even get Stellantis to take my order still! I can only assume it is because of the advanced safety group from following this thread but I'm at a loss right now as I have no VIN to even track my order lol

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I emailed my dealership this morning for a status update. After I sent the email I received an email from ram customer care say that my truck is either in the final inspection state or waiting to be shipped and they’ll update me further at the next step. I’ll wait to hear back from my dealer comparing the updates between them and I’m sure the automated ram care email.

GTRam

Reaction score
If Ram RHO production is estimated to start 8/19 or 8/29, when do you think we should see our VON/VIN's scheduled in the tracker?

Users who are viewing this thread