5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotty3585

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question, but I ordered my 1500 Laramie on May 10th, got the VIN a few days later and now the tracker is showing scheduled for production as of 07/09. My question is the site hasn't updated but the dealer is telling me they have a ship date of 08/12. Is the tracker off or is the dealer feeding me BS? Thanks in advance!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question, but I ordered my 1500 Laramie on May 10th, got the VIN a few days later and now the tracker is showing scheduled for production as of 07/09. My question is the site hasn't updated but the dealer is telling me they have a ship date of 08/12. Is the tracker off or is the dealer feeding me BS? Thanks in advance!
Form the couple I’ve see it’s about 30ish days from schedule to build and then a few days to actually build the truck. So it might be accurate

Ski Bum

Reaction score
Update: Just spoke with the dealer. Ship date moved from 8/13 to 8/16. He said the main reason for the delay is related to the quality control issues that made the news, but they don't have any more detail. I said certainly I'm not trying to rush and be in the middle of some quality issue, would rather that be corrected first and then built. On the CEL issue folks have been hit with he said that was software related (something about not being hot enough to get the power need and the TSB called for premium gas but now that's fixed). Hope this helps folks, just sharing the message don't shoot the messenger.

PetePA

Reaction score
My dealer was on PTO today but is gonna let me know if my est ship date changed when he gets in tomorrow. Will update y'all then.

TroyJonesSF

Reaction score
Based on what other have said, sounds right but I defer to the experts here.

PetePA

Reaction score
My estimated ship date changed from 8/10 to 8/13. This seems in line with what others have stated.

Just guessing... maybe the CEO told SHAP to get through all of the trucks they've made that didn't pass QC and need some work done. In other words, clean up your WIP (work in progress) and learn what you need to so that you improve your DRR (direct run rate).

If the plant does a good job getting through the trucks that need supplemental work and does a good job learning from these mistakes, we might see better flow. If they're over-promising the speed that they can get through the trucks in WIP, then we'll see our ship dates push further.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
That's good. I ordered mine last December and still no schedule. Maybe my holdup is the 2KW power system..
It’s my understanding that the 2kw system isn’t being built. Also back in December the level A equipment group was called the level 1 group. Anthony from mark dodge previously told us that trucks with level 1 as opposed to level A won’t be built. So unless your dealer changed it from level 1 to level A your truck is sitting in cyberspace. If they did change it then it’s probably waiting on the 2kw system… which probably won’t be available for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread