5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PetePA

Reaction score
You’re in good shape, your order has moved at light speed compared to most of ours on here.
I ordered mine in January didn’t get D status for months and just last week got to D1.
Did you call your dealer for the estimated ship date? Curious when yours is.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sad part is, as much as we all ***** about this, we still stick with Ram. It enables this poor behavior. I suppose some people are turned off and look elsewhere - at least the sales numbers seem to indicate that. you'd think with being down 25% from last year (or whatever the number is) that they'd try harder.
This is not the same company I ordered my 2019 from (literally and figuratively)...

My hats off to you guys for putting up with this!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Did you call your dealer for the estimated ship date? Curious when yours is.
I emailed my dealer earlier this morning, they’re usually super quick to respond, haven’t heard back yet though. I got a delivery date of October 2 on the ram build tracker and the truck went into production on the 25th. I feel like that’s an extended wait period for a truck that should take less than a week to actually build. Regardless I’ll let you know what date I get from my dealer.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I emailed my dealer earlier this morning, they’re usually super quick to respond, haven’t heard back yet though. I got a delivery date of October 2 on the ram build tracker and the truck went into production on the 25th. I feel like that’s an extended wait period for a truck that should take less than a week to actually build. Regardless I’ll let you know what date I get from my dealer.
I agree - doesn't make sense. The thought that they are just sitting on them, just in case there are quality issues, is the only thing that makes sense - but that's such a poor way to run a business. They're going to spend the money to build these units, and then hold them instead of getting paid. the bean counters must be going nuts. The time value of money is working against them. two months to deliver a built truck is not reasonable. Not communicating what is going on is not reasonable. The whole situation is.... well, you know.

PetePA

Reaction score
I agree - doesn't make sense. The thought that they are just sitting on them, just in case there are quality issues, is the only thing that makes sense - but that's such a poor way to run a business. They're going to spend the money to build these units, and then hold them instead of getting paid. the bean counters must be going nuts. The time value of money is working against them. two months to deliver a built truck is not reasonable. Not communicating what is going on is not reasonable. The whole situation is.... well, you know.
@dammitbobby @Pikeman_66

This seems to be what they did with the other trims. They had a few "being built" for days (I think it was ~27 days) prior to them opening the floodgates.

If that's the case, Tungsten floodgates should open here VERY soon.

It might be that they do some sort of rigorous QC/QA that takes 3+ weeks. Not sure. But the data supports that the floodgates will open next week.

I'll try and update the data I post in the other thread tonight. Probably not much to look at, but we'll see.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
@dammitbobby @Pikeman_66

This seems to be what they did with the other trims. They had a few "being built" for days (I think it was ~27 days) prior to them opening the floodgates.

If that's the case, Tungsten floodgates should open here VERY soon.

It might be that they do some sort of rigorous QC/QA that takes 3+ weeks. Not sure. But the data supports that the floodgates will open next week.

I'll try and update the data I post in the other thread tonight. Probably not much to look at, but we'll see.
I’m not really sure what else it would be besides a rigorous quality test because if they’re sitting on them in case there are issues they will never be able to tell they’re issues unless they get them in the hands of consumers.

Users who are viewing this thread