5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the quote on here and the SHAP person's post on YouTube in the comments. Apparently, it's 3 weeks long. That's super long, but I guess not surprising considering how slow trucks are selling.

Dose of reality for me - if my truck isn't made before the shutdown, which it seems is likely, I probably won't get it until October. Reasonable case - August 1 start production, October 1 delivery.

My wife is gonna be pissed when I tell her I need to use her SUV to tow my boat 500 miles :ROFLMAO:
Same I have a trip scheduled for the last week in August I was banking on having my truck by then if not I’m going to have to borrow someone’s vehicle lol.

Xman

Reaction score
I have to chuckle a bit - though I can appreciate your frustration on waiting for information regarding your order. Your waits and frustrations do not compare to what the F150 guys are having to deal with on 2024 models. Ford has parked 140,000+ F150 for quality checks and there are guys that ordered their truck 9 months ago still with no production dates. A few with recent orders have gotten theirs in 2 months but that is not the norm. Some of the parked F150s have been hail damaged. No explanations are coming from Ford for the delays and what issues caused their vehicles to be parked..

This is the first Ram forum I have seen with 2025 Ram 1500 info which I am glad to find. Hang in there. You will have 2025 Ram 1500s before most of those who ordered F150s get their 2024s

lonepeak

Reaction score
Have read about that as well as continuing 10 speed transmission issues, law suits at least up through 2023 yr. Was looking there but came back to waiting on RAM Limited trims.

Beachumz

Reaction score
They didn’t tell me when it was listed in D status I suspect it’s been in D since I was assigned a VIN.
I am going to have to call and check in with my dealer on this as well tomorrow. I ordered May 4th. Got the VIN the next day. Have not heard anything more. Is there a list anywhere of all the status like D & D1 status and what they all mean anywhere?

PetePA

Reaction score
Alright, I know this isn't the dipstick thread...BUT... I used AI to get the real shutdown date for the SHAP. It's June 26. Let's see if AI knows what it's talking about.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I am going to have to call and check in with my dealer on this as well tomorrow. I ordered May 4th. Got the VIN the next day. Have not heard anything more. Is there a list anywhere of all the status like D & D1 status and what they all mean anywhere?
Dealer told me what it was but if you google it it will tell you pretty much D means it’s a hard schedule and all parts allocated for the vehicle. D1 means it’s in production.

JayDoc

Reaction score
Received a VIN today for my '25 Tungsten. Order was placed on Feb 12th. Still waiting patiently.
I reached out to support and to my dealer. The support said that it looks to be in D status, but I'm not sure I trust that. I asked them to email me something to show that so we will see if they do. My guy at the dealer said still waiting on the production schedule.

PetePA

Reaction score
I reached out to support and to my dealer. The support said that it looks to be in D status, but I'm not sure I trust that. I asked them to email me something to show that so we will see if they do. My guy at the dealer said still waiting on the production schedule.
That sounds about right from what I've learned. No commitment yet with D status. It can still take 10 years.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
The entire list is not necessarily in order, depending on your build you may skip a step or move up or down the list as required.

Unscheduled:
BA – order entered in system by dealer
BB – fleet order only – review by bid department
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG – order has passed edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status
BX – good order available for scheduling

Scheduled:
C – Tentative schedule. Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the vehicle.
D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. (This is when you get your VIN assigned)
D1 – Gate line: unit sequenced for production (Get an estimated build date)

Build:
E – Framing. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.
F – Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clear coated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.
G – Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your new vehicle is built.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
** BUILD SHEET BECOMES AVAILABLE**
JB – shipped to body vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, graphics etc.
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck at this point and can be a source of delay. Typically two statuses here: "Awaiting Shipment" or "Staged for Shipment"

**WINDOW STICKER BECOMES AVAILABLE**

Transit Codes:
KZL – released but not shipped
KZM – first rail departure
KZN – first rail arrival
KZO – delayed/received
KZOA – plant hold, quality audit
KZOB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZOC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZOD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZOE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZOF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZOG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZOH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZP – Truck is sent offsite to a vendor location for shipping
KZR – First Move To Rail Station
KZS – Waiting on rail car
KZT – Second rail departure
KZU – Second rail arrival
KZY1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZY2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

KZX - Delivered to your dealer!

ZA – Order Canceled (either by you or your dealer)

thanks to tripleB for this info

Beachumz

Reaction score
Thank you! So I have been in D status since 05/05/24. So just abiut 3 weeks. I don't think it has been answered but what times have yall been seeing on the time from D to D1?

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Thank you! So I have been in D status since 05/05/24. So just abiut 3 weeks. I don't think it has been answered but what times have yall been seeing on the time from D to D1?
My guess would be once we see someone with a limited order here the rest of the limiteds/tungsten orders will be a week to a few weeks behind. I think it will ramp up very quickly. Fingers crossed we get our trucks by mid to late August.

Beachumz

Reaction score
My guess would be once we see someone with a limited order here the rest of the limiteds/tungsten orders will be a week to a few weeks behind. I think it will ramp up very quickly. Fingers crossed we get our trucks by mid to late August.
I am wondering if my Rebel is going to get lost in the Sauce now.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully it won’t be like the 2024 fords where they just stop shipping the vehicles. If so I don’t think I’ll wait.
Someone posted that they are parking Rams at the Belvedere, IL plant. That's a long way from SHAP. If they're doing that, they are doing the same thing as Ford...

lonepeak

Reaction score
Someone posted that they are parking Rams at the Belvedere, IL plant. That's a long way from SHAP. If they're doing that, they are doing the same thing as Ford...

Called my dealer 2 days ago to check on Limited orders and whether anything was blocked and he said he'd call me back after doing some checking. Still haven't heard and he's usually pretty prompt. Certainly not a good sign of any progress and now we're into the holiday. Another 3 day wait until we can try and eke out any drips of info.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Not sure if this was something that was in production before today but it looks like they are building Laramie models with Laramie level 2 group and the advanced safety group.

PetePA

Reaction score
Not sure if this was something that was in production before today but it looks like they are building Laramie models with Laramie level 2 group and the advanced safety group.
Ahh the data I'm grabbing isn't that granular, but makes sense they're phasing not only by trim but also equipment groups. Thx for sharing bobby

PetePA

Reaction score
You know, considering the higher dollar vehicles are selling much weaker than the lower dollar trims I bet they flood their inventory with the cheap trims altogether and work their way to the high end Limiteds and Tungstens just based on the economics going on right now

dammitbobby

Reaction score
You know, considering the higher dollar vehicles are selling much weaker than the lower dollar trims I bet they flood their inventory with the cheap trims altogether and work their way to the high end Limiteds and Tungstens just based on the economics going on right now
I mean typically yes they make the cheap ones first but idk I bought my Denali last year in the 3rd week of October they didn’t start production of ANY 2024 sierra until August granted it was pretty similar to the 2023 model but damn that’s less than 2 months and they had plenty of denalis on lots all around.

Users who are viewing this thread