5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Are we sure they are shutdown this week? I was watching some UAW videos and commented asking. I have an old Army friend that works at a differnt plant, in a differnt state, and said that the SHAP Plant might strike again soon. He also has not heard of this shutdown. So I have been following some of the UAW related videos to Stellantis. I might also call anonymously and see if I can get further information. Lol.
The info was provided to someone via Anthony from Mark Dodge but it’s not like they post that information anywhere so it’s really impossible to know for sure if it’s still happening unless someone has an in.

Beachumz

Reaction score
The info was provided to someone via Anthony from Mark Dodge but it’s not like they post that information anywhere so it’s really impossible to know for sure if it’s still happening unless someone has an in.
That is the issue. There is little to no information from Ram. First time doing a custom order vehicle and I am already wishing I just shopped around. Until I get it! Lol

dammitbobby

Reaction score
So lots of speculation going around about whether or not they’re building trucks right now. Not sure how accurate this info may be but I checked ram builder for a nationwide search of how many vehicles were being built earlier today it said 11215, when I checked just now it said 11209. Small enough drop off to be a computer error but also it could mean that these vehicles shipped out and weren’t replaced. Will have to check back tomorrow for any real answers. Funny enough yesterday I checked limiteds only and it seems to have gone up by one or 2 since I last checked on Saturday but hasn’t moved today.

jonusko

Reaction score
That is the issue. There is little to no information from Ram. First time doing a custom order vehicle and I am already wishing I just shopped around. Until I get it! Lol
This is my first Ram, and the whole build process has been frustrating. They built my Laramie three weeks ago and still haven’t shipped it. You would think there should be technology available to watch the build in real-time and be updated for every step of the process. (Though, I can guess a thousand reasons why this doesn’t happen.)

dammitbobby

Reaction score
This is my first Ram, and the whole build process has been frustrating. They built my Laramie three weeks ago and still haven’t shipped it. You would think there should be technology available to watch the build in real-time and be updated for every step of the process. (Though, I can guess a thousand reasons why this doesn’t happen.)
Yeah that’s frustrating as heck, have you reached out to ram at all recently?

dammitbobby

Reaction score
My 2025 1500 just went into production. You can see the timeline in the picture. It’s a 4x4 Bighorn crew cab with the SO Hurricane, level 2, night edition, panoramic sunroof, bed utility group, tonneau cover, and multifunction tailgate.
I wonder why it took almost a month from it being scheduled to go into production.

jonusko

Reaction score
Yeah that’s frustrating as heck, have you reached out to ram at all recently?
I called the dealer last night. They are going to call the NorCal distribution center today. He said they should have more insight into the delivery status.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my original order was placed in January. I wanted to add the Bed Group, but the dealer could not add it to the existing order even though it was months from production. He ordered me a second truck with the Bed Group in March after a hold was removed in the ordering. The second truck is the one that was built and waiting to be shipped. The first truck has not been scheduled to be built. That makes no sense to me or the dealer. Obviously, they are not always built in the order received. I guess it is possible they detected a second order and assumed it was to replace the first one, so its priority was lowered. No one seems to know. It's stuck in the order confirmed status.

jonusko

Reaction score
Mine took three weeks from scheduled to production. Production took two weeks.
I just got the status from the dealer. It did not take two weeks to build, and it really has not been shipped. Here is what I see...
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 9.38.46 AM.png
Here is what the dealer sees...
Screenshot 2024-05-22 at 9.42.44 AM.png

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Well I was going to wait to reach out to my dealer, but since there is no may shutdown I reached out today and was told my limited. My truck is in D status. Hopefully it goes to D1 before around June.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
They didn’t tell me when it was listed in D status I suspect it’s been in D since I was assigned a VIN.
that is probably correct. I checked, and it seemed to me that as soon as the vins were assigned that weekend they went right into D status. my dealer said he looked for mine to hit D1 this week. I haven't checked yet with them I usually do that on Fridays.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Well I was going to wait to reach out to my dealer, but since there is no may shutdown I reached out today and was told my limited. My truck is in D status. Hopefully it goes to D1 before around June.
I was not aware that there is no May shutdown. Are they having one at some point? Think they have to have at least one to refurbish equipment, etc.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I was not aware that there is no May shutdown. Are they having one at some point? Think they have to have at least one to refurbish equipment, etc.
Apparently someone that works at SHAP says there’s a 3 week shutdown in July. But according to Rams website they’re still making vehicles now.

PetePA

Reaction score
Apparently someone that works at SHAP says there’s a 3 week shutdown in July. But according to Rams website they’re still making vehicles now.
Yeah, I saw the quote on here and the SHAP person's post on YouTube in the comments. Apparently, it's 3 weeks long. That's super long, but I guess not surprising considering how slow trucks are selling.

Dose of reality for me - if my truck isn't made before the shutdown, which it seems is likely, I probably won't get it until October. Reasonable case - August 1 start production, October 1 delivery.

My wife is gonna be pissed when I tell her I need to use her SUV to tow my boat 500 miles :ROFLMAO:

lonepeak

Reaction score
Just called my dealer on the A group (A79) availability and he's going to do some checking and call me back.

Users who are viewing this thread