5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I think the "pause" starts tomorrow, right? So probably not a lot of movement for another couple of weeks.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah and I'd be surprised if they're at full output right away too. I'd say we have 3 weeks minimum before they start pumping out the higher trims. When they do, they're gonna PUMP.
Hopefully!

It'd be nice if they used the two week break to ship out all that's been built but not yet shipped.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
ok, don't get my hopes up. seriously, I had thought if I couldn't even order my Tungsten by end of May, I was going for something else. Do y'all really think the Tungsten orders might open up after the pause? I'm all for wishful thinking, but it's getting to be a little crazy at this point. If the mother ship (Ram, Stellantis,....) would just pass along a LITTLE information, it would go a long way to help with loyalty.

PetePA

Reaction score
ok, don't get my hopes up. seriously, I had thought if I couldn't even order my Tungsten by end of May, I was going for something else. Do y'all really think the Tungsten orders might open up after the pause? I'm all for wishful thinking, but it's getting to be a little crazy at this point. If the mother ship (Ram, Stellantis,....) would just pass along a LITTLE information, it would go a long way to help with loyalty.
You've been able to order Tungsten since January.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
You've been able to order Tungsten since January.
It was open for a long time, but for over a month the Tungsten trim has been restricted. At least this is what Anthony from Mark Dodge is telling me.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Ohh I didn't realize that. Restricted how?
Somewhere around April 24th - it is restricted for ordering. The dealers cannot place an order for it. Much like the Level A group on the Limited. And the Forged Blue Metallic and Steel Storm colors.

PetePA

Reaction score
Yikes.... That's not good. Either they've received significantly more orders than they expected or they're not wanting to **** off too many people due to significant part availability problems. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I hope you're wrong on that, too! For the Tungsten, it's supposed to be an issue with wheel availability. I can't find anything about this anywhere online, but I trust Anthony. I really don't know anything about the Level A issues for Limited. I just started trying to dig into that, b/c I was willing to order a Limited instead of the Tungsten. But w/o the tech group, there's no way I'm ordering a Limited. And to add to all that, I really want the Forged Blue Metallic. I contacted Ram customer care a couple of months ago about this, and after a few days of back and forth, just simply said it's a "late availability." That means absolutely nothing to me. It could be the same as the Rev, the Ramcharger, or even the mythical next TRX.
I just annoys the p*** out of me that we can build something on-line as if we can order it, but it's up to dealers to tell us it's not available (and I've contacted well over 15 "local" dealers in addition to Mark Dodge, and I've received all sorts of answers. Most don't match.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Yikes.... That's not good. Either they've received significantly more orders than they expected or they're not wanting to **** off too many people due to significant part availability problems. Hopefully I'm wrong!
I would say probably the latter Pete as I am sure they are getting the message those that have ordered are not happy almost 6 months later.
I know I gave them my 2 cents :mad:

dammitbobby

Reaction score
The reality is no matter when you ordered if you ordered a limited or tungsten it’s most likely not coming until July/August. I sympathize with those who have been waiting a couple months for any word but the fact is they didn’t even start production of the HO until mid March if I remember correctly. Combine that with the fact that they’re apparently having issues with getting parts still. IF production starts in June on our trucks we’re looking at mid July-early August. Now I’d hope for sooner but I’m not gonna get my hopes up.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
The reality is no matter when you ordered if you ordered a limited or tungsten it’s most likely not coming until July/August. I sympathize with those who have been waiting a couple months for any word but the fact is they didn’t even start production of the HO until mid March if I remember correctly. Combine that with the fact that they’re apparently having issues with getting parts still. IF production starts in June on our trucks we’re looking at mid July-early August. Now I’d hope for sooner but I’m not gonna get my hopes up.
no build date information soon and I am jumping ship, 6 months is longer than I have ever waited for an ordered truck in over 20 years and that's just ridiculous.
they have had plenty of time to have the parts for the sold trucks in my opinion. not that much has changed on them except for the tungsten. there is no excuse for this in my opinion to make people with orders sit this long and watch them fill dealer lots with trucks that will in most cases sit months before being sold.
Mybe it's an omen telling me that I should have just stayed with GM even though they ticked me off.

Shano

Reaction score
I ordered my limited Longhorn with Limited 1 Equipment Group on 12/18/2024, it was confirmed on 1/6/2025 and have had the Vin for quite some time but no scheduled production yet.. I have called FCA and they say talk to your dealer. I talk to the dealer and they say they know nothing. This is ridiculous that they can't give a simple update on what the holdup is...

dammitbobby

Reaction score
no build date information soon and I am jumping ship, 6 months is longer than I have ever waited for an ordered truck in over 20 years and that's just ridiculous.
they have had plenty of time to have the parts for the sold trucks in my opinion. not that much has changed on them except for the tungsten. there is no excuse for this in my opinion to make people with orders sit this long and watch them fill dealer lots with trucks that will in most cases sit months before being sold.
Mybe it's an omen telling me that I should have just stayed with GM even though they ticked me off.
I’m not gonna pretend I know the ins and outs of vehicle manufacturing but like I said above they announced they wouldn’t start making the HO engine until mid March they’ve been making them for roughly 2 months now they’ve made the engines during those two months they didn’t manufacture many limiteds with limited longhorns and regular limiteds nationwide they’re building 157 trucks right now all of them without the limited level 1 package. Approximately 100 of those 157 trucks started being build last Thursday and today starts a 2 week shut down which ends on June 3rd.

In my personal opinion they’re not going to make the trucks even if they have the parts unless they have a steady supply of the parts or enough to make thousands of trucks, why spin up the assembly line for anything less. But to your final point the new trucks from the Laramie level 2 with advanced safety group on up have features such as smartphone as a key that they’ve stated are only allowed because of their new electrical architecture for MY 2025. Nationwide there was 1 Laramie with both of those packages shipped to a dealer last week and they started building the Laramie model in February.

I feel your pain ive been without a vehicle since November but ordering a refresh model year with a new engine and electrical architecture is a little more complicated than a refresh that GM did with a new interior same everything else.

Beachumz

Reaction score
Are we sure they are shutdown this week? I was watching some UAW videos and commented asking. I have an old Army friend that works at a differnt plant, in a differnt state, and said that the SHAP Plant might strike again soon. He also has not heard of this shutdown. So I have been following some of the UAW related videos to Stellantis. I might also call anonymously and see if I can get further information. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread