5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jonusko

Reaction score
I would never put down a non-refundable deposit. If the dealer can't trust me, why should I trust him?
My salesman told me that a non-refundable deposit was illegal in California. He didn't ask for a refundable $1000 deposit because it would have been a waste of time and paperwork.

lonepeak

Reaction score
We get to wait some more. Thanks RAM for putting out the 2025 build sheet months ago. I guess you were just kidding about anyone wanting to order the upper trims. You must have worked overtime to find parts for the Limited and Tungsten for the Austin journalist show.

jonusko

Reaction score
We get to wait some more. Thanks RAM for putting out the 2025 build sheet months ago. I guess you were just kidding about anyone wanting to order the upper trims. You must have worked overtime to find parts for the Limited and Tungsten for the Austin journalist show.
Is 2025 the first model year with hands-on and hands-off self-driving? I only see one vehicle with either form of self-driving on a dealer lot in the inventory. My built Laramie with hands-on self-driving hasn't shipped in over two weeks. The dealer claims that they do not know the reason. It also looks like they dropped the self-parking feature from the build. Besides parts availability issues, I totally can believe the software for these features is not quite ready. If they are waiting on software updates, I'd happily receive the truck now and enable the features later. I don't understand why they wouldn't ship a built truck that is sold. (This is all pure speculation on my part. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons for delays.)

lonepeak

Reaction score
I can uderstand some delays and I agree most of us can do without some of the features you mention. What bothers a lot of us is the inability of RAM to communicate with their dealers and give some guidance on deliveries. Surely they have some idea whether it be June, July, August or next year. This unresponsive is causing some of us to get serious about other brands as we have vehicles that are going off lease, getting old, summer recreation needs, etc. Doesn't really matter, if a customer wants a new truck then let them know when they can expect delivery or leave off some unwanted features.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Consumer Reports said don't buy the 2023 F150. Ride, handling reliability under par. One can't win I guess but tons on the road - someone must like them or they aren't very discriminating buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread