5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Bluejack80

Reaction score
The truck’s ambient temperature was reading about 10 degrees high. Ordered a new sensor ($15) and threw it on tonight. Back to normal temp. Does that reading affect any other things? Climate control, engine mix, etc.? Less than 1k miles on truck. Old sensor had some rust building. IMG_1005.png

Bluejack80

Reaction score
I've done it before. If it rusts up again, I'd hit it with fluid film or something to prevent the rust.
That’s a good idea. I probably could have sanded and fluid film’d the old one vs. going new. Side note - surprised Ram is still putting the sensor in the side mirror.

Xanathar

Reaction score
2025 Limited here, ~6 weeks and almost 2k miles on it so far. This is my first Ram and first full size after many years with other Mid-Sized trucks.
Came from a 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X with Tech+Safety packages in it. Needed something bigger and wanted more comfort at the same time.

Positives:
Truck is quiet and super comfortable to drive in.
About the same gas milage as my Frontier, but needs premium instead.
Heated/Ventilated/Massaging seats are great.
UConnect 5 is a definite upgrade over the Nissan.
Stop+Start ACC working great, and functions in stop+go traffic if its a super short stop. Longer stop and you need to press resume or gas.
Enjoying the HO Engine, no CEL issues.
I live in a hilly area, and the Frontier would always have some tire spin when turning and also going up/down a hill. Not an issue with the Ram w/LSD.

Negatives:
The 2x Wireless chargers are 100% non functional for me. Ill have the dealer check when I get my first service since I dont care about it that much.
I really wish I had the 360 camera package in these without the $$ package adding everything else.
Lane Keeping even at max setting is only useful on straight roads, and even then, will still gladly take me over the center line when experimenting with it.
I have the side mirrors set to auto point down when reversing which works. However when they return it maybe adds 1-2 degrees more height. After 2-3 Reverse-Drive changes the mirrors are completely out of alignment and I need to readjust or wait till I stop and go back to memory setting.
The additional passenger screen is a net-negative. The passenger never uses it since they have their phone and I would prefer it was just storage. Or even just something that is not a giant high-gloss area that directs sunlight at my face at the wrong angle.

Added a Revolver X4s so far, and if I can find an easy way to wire up a dash camera that is my next plan. Will be adding a Front and/or 360 camera setup if that is ever figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread