5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

Well that’s good to know. Guess that’s just how the engine runs

Humm, definitely revs up a lot and I can hear the occultation. Not sure what to think though as I don’t know what these trucks are supposed to do yet myself. If you get a CEL take it in for the software update.
What software update?

The 25 tail lights work in tandem top/bottom with each other, not independently of each other like the 24 on down incandescent versions . The wiring harness is easy, surprisingly old school(ish).
Do you know which wires are for what? I can see there’s only 4 prongs that go into the tail light harness and when I tried testing nothing worked. Not sure if they’re the same as the 24’ but those forums said black is ground, white with orange stripe is turn signal. But that didn’t work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 31
What software update?
Ram released a software update to dealers for the CEL and on The 3.0 SO it’s also related to the rough idling. I don’t know what the version number is but it is only available at the dealer. Someone else here on the boards had this issue a few weeks ago and had the update put in at the dealer. He was getting a CEL though.

Ram released a software update to dealers for the CEL and on The 3.0 SO it’s also related to the rough idling. I don’t know what the version number is but it is only available at the dealer. Someone else here on the boards had this issue a few weeks ago and had the update put in at the dealer. He was getting a CEL though.
I’m pretty sure cbty is a tech at a ram dealership so if he’s saying what update it means there is none and that other dealership clearly lied lol

I’m pretty sure cbty is a tech at a ram dealership so if he’s saying what update it means there is none and that other dealership clearly lied lol
👍🏻 I am solely going by what I read from another member here guys. He even said since the dealer update he hasn’t had anymore CEL.
Of course the dealer may have told him they updated it but just reset it also🙄

I had the update done on my truck back on August 26th after the CEL went on. I've put on probably 1,000+ miles on it since then and so far so good. This was the note on my invoice.

IMG_7853.jpeg

The only issue I've had since this was that my RamBoxes are a little glitchy. Sometimes they will open, others they won't. I never had that happen on my 2019 but hopefully it's nothing major.

👍🏻 I am solely going by what I read from another member here guys. He even said since the dealer update he hasn’t had anymore CEL.
Of course the dealer may have told him they updated it but just reset it also🙄
There are NO documented flashes to PCM via tsb star/cases in service library. We do not know what the flash was for(what it was supposed to fix). They provided flash part numbers with no related service documentation, warranty claims like to have actual service reference to what the flash is for or why it was needed. The flash performed did not correct the misfire people are concerned about, or did it? Once am actual document is out I will be glad to provide it.

At the dealership for the CEL for the rough idle cold start. Cylinder 3 and 4 misfire is the culprit

So not sure if this has been brought up and I apologize if so but changed out the incandescent bulbs in the taillights to leds today.

Owners Manual stated the bulbs for the brake/turn bulbs and the reverse bulbs were both 7740. So went ahead and ordered the leds. Got them today, changed them out, and found the brake light leds didn’t fit but the reverse ones did. Looked on the original bulbs and saw 7743 stamped on the brake light bulbs and 7740 on the reverse bulbs. Went to the store who luckily had 7743 in stock and they fit and work perfectly. So my owners manual has it wrong.

So for the taillights on a 1500 Laramie 7743 for brake light/turn bulbs and 7740 for the reverse bulbs

So not sure if this has been brought up and I apologize if so but changed out the incandescent bulbs in the taillights to leds today.

Owners Manual stated the bulbs for the brake/turn bulbs and the reverse bulbs were both 7740. So went ahead and ordered the leds. Got them today, changed them out, and found the brake light leds didn’t fit but the reverse ones did. Looked on the original bulbs and saw 7743 stamped on the brake light bulbs and 7740 on the reverse bulbs. Went to the store who luckily had 7743 in stock and they fit and work perfectly. So my owners manual has it wrong.

So for the taillights on a 1500 Laramie 7743 for brake light/turn bulbs and 7740 for the reverse bulbs
Did you get any error codes? I'm about to order LED's for the rear and then the front turning lights if they don't throw errors.

2025 Ram 1500 Bighorn 392, night edition, 12 inch display 3.0 twin turbo,
window sticker $62,450 out the door price $52,450 traded in 2019 bighorn got $4k more than i owed used that as down payment so $56450 paid but out door price was $52,450.
So far have currently about 2,000 miles on truck average mpg mix between city and highway about 18 mpg. on highway about 21 mpg.
Installed factory electric running boards that were designed for the 2025 model install went ok minus the wires running through the grommet was a real pain.
Once all connected had a minor wiring issue with one plug got the wires backwards (my fault read diagram backwards) which after the Dealer programmed the sales code caused the boards to not deploy correctly and caused proximity error. Fixed wires and boards deployed but then ac, display screen/radio stopped working. Dealer found a bent ping on module (not sure if I bent or dealer bent when checking ) but they fixed it. Drove home everything working great boards are nice. Parked truck for night went to start next morning batteries completely dead. Had to charge for day put back in truck and before could start truck heard something running. Checked and it was the Turbo water cooler pump. It would not stop pulled fuse to stop went to dealer on monday for them to check and after about 4 days they found that a wire for the pump was rubbing up against the engine block and had worn through was causing pump to run. They fixed the issue and so far everything else working fine.
Like the ride and power.
Dont like how sensitive the electrical is on this vehicle compared to my 2019 it is so sensitive to everything and seems like dealer needs to reprogram is you add anything.
Even if you disconnect the battery it could cause a proximity error if it doesnt clear after a few hours the dealer has to do it.

Did you get any error codes? I'm about to order LED's for the rear and then the front turning lights if they don't throw errors.
Can only speak for the tail lights but no bulb out error since putting them in

I had the update done on my truck back on August 26th after the CEL went on. I've put on probably 1,000+ miles on it since then and so far so good. This was the note on my invoice.

View attachment 189093

The only issue I've had since this was that my RamBoxes are a little glitchy. Sometimes they will open, others they won't. I never had that happen on my 2019 but hopefully it's nothing major.
I've had two trucks with RAMBoxes a 2014 and now a 2019. I have a 2025 Tungsten on order. I've noticed two videos from influencers so far with RAM box opening issues. I also went look at a limited at a dealer and the ramboxes would not open with the button. I had to use the key. I'm wondering how common this problem is?

Well, this is a new one. I went to pass a vehicle on the highway and as I was accelerating around them this message popped up. I didn't floor it or anything, just a normal pass.

IMG_7910.jpeg

Added a Revolver X4s so far, and if I can find an easy way to wire up a dash camera that is my next plan. Will be adding a Front and/or 360 camera setup if that is ever figured out.
I watched this video earlier on YouTube and I am thinking about going this route. It's a nice dash cam and it looks like it is OEM.

Edit: Here are a couple more videos that talk about it. I am probably going to get this dash cam just for the OEM look. The video quality looks pretty good as well.

Last edited:
I don't want to start another thread about 25.
It would be great to know the following for 2025 SST:
1- How many miles to date
2- Problems to date

My data:
Miles: 3360
Problems: random "Uconnect requiring service" messages.

My Data: 2025 LoneStar SST
Miles 4231 miles
Problems: No CEL, just odd cold start idling, jerky transmission, randomly it tells me there is a trailer connected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back