5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

My Data: 2025 LoneStar SST
Miles 4231 miles
Problems: No CEL, just odd cold start idling, jerky transmission, randomly it tells me there is a trailer connected.
Well I take this back, I got the CEL now and just dropped it off at the dealer. They told me it will take about a week until they can look at it. They mentioned they have a few trucks with the same issue and said they have been here a while with no fix. Let's see what happens now.

Well I take this back, I got the CEL now and just dropped it off at the dealer. They told me it will take about a week until they can look at it. They mentioned they have a few trucks with the same issue and said they have been here a while with no fix. Let's see what happens now.
well this really sucks! everyone has new trucks and they are sitting at the dealers for repairs for a stupid CEL and missfires

well this really sucks! everyone has new trucks and they are sitting at the dealers for repairs for a stupid CEL and missfires
And it seems they can’t figure out why. I just don’t want them to have to take apart my whole engine to figure this out.

I know there has been a lot of negatives for many of us but I do have to say I'm loving my truck. I've been having good luck (knock on wood) since I took my truck in for the cel that popped up at 2,400 miles. I'm at 5,400 miles now and it's been going well. About the only negative lately has been the bed squeak but that's not always a noticeable thing.

The engine runs smooth and it's very snappy when I need it and I still love the interior and comfort of this truck. I did order the seat riser since I spend several hours a day driving it and I'm curious how that helps with day to day comfort for my back. While it sucks dealing with some of these issues I'm still very happy with my purchase.

IMG_7955.jpeg
(Don't mind the bumper full of bug guts lol).

I know there has been a lot of negatives for many of us but I do have to say I'm loving my truck. I've been having good luck (knock on wood) since I took my truck in for the cel that popped up at 2,400 miles. I'm at 5,400 miles now and it's been going well. About the only negative lately has been the bed squeak but that's not always a noticeable thing.

The engine runs smooth and it's very snappy when I need it and I still love the interior and comfort of this truck. I did order the seat riser since I spend several hours a day driving it and I'm curious how that helps with day to day comfort for my back. While it sucks dealing with some of these issues I'm still very happy with my purchase.

View attachment 189936
(Don't mind the bumper full of bug guts lol).
I'm glad you are enjoying your truck. It looks pretty nice. Is that a Limited?

I'm glad you are enjoying your truck. It looks pretty nice. Is that a Limited?
Thank you. It's just a BigHorn model. The BigHorn has pretty much everything I need thankfully. Except for passive entry. I think it's crazy they don't offer that as a standard feature!!

Thank you. It's just a BigHorn model. The BigHorn has pretty much everything I need thankfully. Except for passive entry. I think it's crazy they don't offer that as a standard feature!!
My 2016 Lone Star doesn't have passive entry and that's one thing I missed on my 2014 Dodge Charger. It also didn't have dual zone HVAC (which I also missed from the Charger), but I did the single zone HVAC mod. At least I can set the temperature now.

I know this is a lot for a first post but I hope there may be someone in here in the Ram higher ups that may have a idea.
So for the second time my limited high output has thrown a CEL for a P2006 (intake manifold runner stuck closed). This happened at around 1800 miles. Almost one month after it was purchased. The first time it happened we had it towed to the dealership. The dealer said the P2006 was not present but a few different electrical codes were there. I don't remember exactly what codes they said. The dealer couldn't figure it out and they said Ram told them to check every harness and plug. They returned the truck to us on a Thursday and it is now Monday and what do you know the P2006 returns at 2300 miles. The truck will be towed back in and we will see what happens this time. The truck also gas the same stuttering as the other user above. Funny enough my truck is also a delmonico red with the offroad package and looks identical to the one above. I have been keeping a eye on my Ram app and have noticed it is reporting very poor fuel economy. Oh and the passenger side mirror when folding in keeps clicking and twitching.
What is the build date??...Curious if there is a pattern.

What is the build date??...Curious if there is a pattern.
Unfortunately the truck has already been picked up by the dealership for service so I am unsure or that. But when it gets back I can check. We bought it August 5th

Heard back from the dealership. The cylinder misfire issue is likely caused by during startup there is an excess of fuel being dumped into the engine. They report there is a software update being released in a few weeks that should solve the problem.

Phew! Been on pins and needles for weeks. I’ll be happy to get my new truck back. Hell I’ve only put 100 miles on her

Heard back from the dealership. The cylinder misfire issue is likely caused by during startup there is an excess of fuel being dumped into the engine. They report there is a software update being released in a few weeks that should solve the problem.

Phew! Been on pins and needles for weeks. I’ll be happy to get my new truck back. Hell I’ve only put 100 miles on her
a few weeks? for guys that have their trucks at the dealers for in some cases a month now? who is going to pay the payment for non use of the truck? to me that is unacceptable.

a few weeks? for guys that have their trucks at the dealers for in some cases a month now? who is going to pay the payment for non use of the truck? to me that is unacceptable.
I know… not handled very well

Day 3 of driving the new rebel, such a nice truck! Only issue I noticed is it is showing km/l instead of L/100km....have any other Canadians noticed this?

Do you guys think it would be ok to drive the truck if it still has a slight misfire? I’m hoping only on startup due to the excess fuel dump but I’m not a mechanic. The service advisor says it’s fine, but I don’t know how much I should trust these guys. Or should i wait and demand that it stay in the shop until the software is delivered, installed, and proven to fix the issue?

Note- they have provided me a loaner truck in the meantime.

Edit- it only happens on a cold start, then goes away

Last edited:
My 2 cents & lesson learned. I had a 4 cylinder car that had 1 plug not firing due to pressure washing the engine compartment and it smoked a bit from this. I drove it for about 30 minutes hoping the engine would dry out which it did. Unfortunately soon after I started getting CEL indicating catalytic converter problems. I took it in and they said my converter was plugged up from too much carbon. Luckily my 5 year, 85000 mile warranty covered the repair.

In your case your engine is running rich at start up like the choke is fully closed and burning too much fuel, that extra carbon will reside in your converter. It won't be much but since the truck in new and you have a loaner why accelerate the end of life for the converter????

Save the converter and be patient.:giggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back