5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

If I had my dealer tell me they could not get to me till November I am afraid the general manager and I are going to have conversation.
It’s the dealer closest to my house. I didn’t buy it from there. The dealer I bought from is a little over a hour away. The lady making the appointment recommended I contact that dealer they should be able to get me in sooner. I’m going to call tomorrow and see.

Hello all!
Is anyone else getting a “squeaky” noise from the engine Bay Area? I just noticed it today pulling into a storage facility, around 2-5 mph in between garage buildings. Can’t really hear it outside of that

2025 Laramie
Purchased 4/16 ran great until 6/24 with 1800 miles on it.
6/24 dead battery, could not even get it to jump start towed, to dealer. They replaced both batteries.
7/1 dead battery again. towed to dealer. Told them of the constant cycling sounds. They suggested I was storing the key fob too close to the truck, and replaced the battery. I stored the fob on the opposite side of the house. Picked the truck up on 7/9.
7/10 the very next day dead battery. Tow driver was able to jump start it. Dealer had the truck for a month and replaced the radio and TBM units, per a STAR suggestion. Picked up on 8/8.
8/12 dead battery again. Was able to jump start it. Been driving a crappy red charger for 32 days and the dealer has no idea of the issue.
9/12 STAR finally has their customer retention team in contact with me and says they still need more time to try and fix the truck. At this point I have requested a buy back, which seems reasonable as I have owned the truck for 148 days, and it has been derivable for only 76 days. The Chrysler customer care team has now been outsourced to India or such, and the communication is terrible. Speaking to the dealership, they also have been outsourced and are not getting the quality of support they had in the past. I loved the truck when it ran, but and very disappointed that Stellantis will not stand behind the quality of their products.
To complicate things I have added a spray in liner, aftermarket tonneu cover, floor mats and running boards. Unless I go back to another Ram I will likely have to fight for compensation on those items.
The Barnett dealership has not been active in this at all. No customer service other than arranging for a crappy rental car. I requested call backs from the service manager twice and he did not respond. The service writer spoke to one of the Barnett's and was told this is a Stellantis issue, so they have nothing to do with it. You would think I could at least get a demo truck to drive until they get this resolved. Does not appear they give a sh*t.
Just an update on how Stellantis/Chrysler Customer Care team is handling this issue. After being contacted by the "Stellantis customer retention Team" , (which they made a point of telling me is their highest level of service), I have made no progress. My case manager, Emeka, contacted me initially and said they are not offering a buy back, but are trying to repair the truck. He had no clue as to what was being done to it. I have requested via email and VM to speak with a manager regarding the case, and have not gotten a response for over a week .

I contacted the GM at my dealer and he was unaware of my service issues, which seems odd that you would have a truck in your service department for over two months and no one would make you aware of that. He did check with service and was told Stellantis has now instructed them to remove and replace the individual modules one by one, waiting 3 days between to see if the truck dies. This only started last week. After testing the first couple, the truck still would go dead. Not sure how many modules there are, but that could take awhile. I requested he arrange for a truck for me to use while this is taking place. He said he would look into it.

I then contacted a lemon law attorney and presented the above timeline to them. They feel this is a fairly easy case to win. I was concerned about the cost, but he told me that with lemon cases the manufacture is required to pay any legal fees. The only downside is the cases will take 3-6 months to resolve.

I then reached back to my case manager with another request to hear from a manager to discuss a buy back prior to going to litigation as it would be faster and cheaper for them. I still have had no communication from the customer service folks. All of the customer service has been sent off shore, and the folks I am dealing with sound like they are unfamiliar with customer service or American communication styles. I feel like they are going to a script or AI for answers, while I am speaking with them. Very disappointed that I can not speak to someone in the position to make decisions.
The truck is still sitting, outside in the dealers lot going on 85 days. No resolution in sight. I hope this is a one off, and not a trend, but if you are starting experiencing this issue, be aware it could be a nightmare.

The all weather mats? I just built a '25 and like @PetePA said, it's not an option...

Could be the online builder, but it doesn't look like they are out for the '25s yet.

I typically buy them separately and swap them back in with the carpeted mats when I sell the truck - either move them to the next one or just sell them.
a
Just an update on how Stellantis/Chrysler Customer Care team is handling this issue. After being contacted by the "Stellantis customer retention Team" , (which they made a point of telling me is their highest level of service), I have made no progress. My case manager, Emeka, contacted me initially and said they are not offering a buy back, but are trying to repair the truck. He had no clue as to what was being done to it. I have requested via email and VM to speak with a manager regarding the case, and have not gotten a response for over a week .

I contacted the GM at my dealer and he was unaware of my service issues, which seems odd that you would have a truck in your service department for over two months and no one would make you aware of that. He did check with service and was told Stellantis has now instructed them to remove and replace the individual modules one by one, waiting 3 days between to see if the truck dies. This only started last week. After testing the first couple, the truck still would go dead. Not sure how many modules there are, but that could take awhile. I requested he arrange for a truck for me to use while this is taking place. He said he would look into it.

I then contacted a lemon law attorney and presented the above timeline to them. They feel this is a fairly easy case to win. I was concerned about the cost, but he told me that with lemon cases the manufacture is required to pay any legal fees. The only downside is the cases will take 3-6 months to resolve.

I then reached back to my case manager with another request to hear from a manager to discuss a buy back prior to going to litigation as it would be faster and cheaper for them. I still have had no communication from the customer service folks. All of the customer service has been sent off shore, and the folks I am dealing with sound like they are unfamiliar with customer service or American communication styles. I feel like they are going to a script or AI for answers, while I am speaking with them. Very disappointed that I can not speak to someone in the position to make decisions.
The truck is still sitting, outside in the dealers lot going on 85 days. No resolution in sight. I hope this is a one off, and not a trend, but if you are starting experiencing this issue, be aware it could be a nightmare.
I would almost bet this is one of the trucks that was built very early on that had all the bad wiring harnesses and it slipped out of the factory that we all read about.

What is the build date of your truck?

Contact the better business bureau they will kick RAM in the ***.

My 2 cents: start the legal process to stir up the pot with Stellantis, the loud squeaky wheel might get a quicker response.
Have you asked the service manager if his team has used a clamp on current meter to monitor the drain on your battery then pull out 1 fuse at a time to see which circuit is causing the current drain? This process will at least point them to the devices connected to that fuse that is draining your battery, hopefully it is only a couple of devices that can quickly be replaced.
Unfortunately not all service techs have a good understanding of electronics or how to effectively troubleshoot them. If a module is drawing lots of power then replacing it and checking the current draw of the battery will tell you right then if the removed module was good or bad, NOT 2 days from now.

My 2 cents: start the legal process to stir up the pot with Stellantis, the loud squeaky wheel might get a quicker response.
Have you asked the service manager if his team has used a clamp on current meter to monitor the drain on your battery then pull out 1 fuse at a time to see which circuit is causing the current drain? This process will at least point them to the devices connected to that fuse that is draining your battery, hopefully it is only a couple of devices that can quickly be replaced.
Unfortunately not all service techs have a good understanding of electronics or how to effectively troubleshoot them. If a module is drawing lots of power then replacing it and checking the current draw of the battery will tell you right then if the removed module was good or bad, NOT 2 days from now.
I would agree with this approach. This is probably the best way to go about trouble shooting it at this point. Simply plugging it in and waiting for an answer to what’s bad isn’t going to happen here. Time to approach it the old school way. The way a lot of learned back in the 70s and 80s. Although electronics were simpler back then the principles were the same.

After my drive 650 miles drive home -- I have a few observations
1. Engine is very quiet and very smooth and powerful powertrain. You can hardly hear it running or feel it idling with start/stop disabled.
2. I got 17.5mpg average on the way home going between 75-80 when I got 19.1 on the way there with the hemi.
3. digital display is impressive with all the functions and different settings.
4. Lock and unlock lighting is nice with RAM logo and steps deploy on unlock.
5. I used the hands-free driving for half the trip and it was impressively good. I didn't realize how much of a distracted driver I am. You can
only look away for less than five seconds or display alerts you and/or seat vibrates to take the wheel-- even with sunglasses on. Unfortunately, halfway home it shut off and gave me a service hands free driving/ unavailable message . Bummer.
6. Massage seats are great with about 5 different types of massage.
7. Going 75-80mph, oil pressure was 20psi -- interesting when semi is about 52psi.
8. Coolant temp was all over the place at a constant speed between 198-221? Mostly staying around 216.
9. Air suspension raises after 5mph instead of 15 and will only lower when stopped for some reason.
10. Power release and close tailgate is a nice feature
11. Steering seems to turn sharper although I don't know if that's true.

Overall, I love the truck, impressed with added tech, lots of power, and improvements.

Has anyone gotten a truck with the digital key feature? Wondering how that is.
Somebody posted in another thread a few days ago that they could not get it to work. Something about the feature is not available on the ram app yet. I think they said it won’t be available until mid October November time frame

Somebody posted in another thread a few days ago that they could not get it to work. Something about the feature is not available on the ram app yet. I think they said it won’t be available until mid October November time frame
Pretty wild that orders opened for this truck in January yet they still don't have this rolled out.

I believe they said from the get go that the digital key would be a late availability. I just took the below screenshot on the Ram website.

View attachment 190340

Sure, and I get that it's noted, just wild to me that it's still not quite there yet for how long they've had to get it done and they are shipping trucks with physical key cards.

Pretty wild that orders opened for this truck in January yet they still don't have this rolled out.
the poster in the thread I was referring to did find a key card or something in the truck when he got it. the part he was missing was in the Ram app. I really dont kow much about what it takes to operate it though at this point until my truck gets here.

the poster in the thread I was referring to did find a key card or something in the truck when he got it. the part he was missing was in the Ram app. I really dont kow much about what it takes to operate it though at this point until my truck gets here.
It might be an Apple thing to. It should absolutely come with the card, but I THINK the digital key is more of an Apple Wallet integration thing so as long as it's set up with Apple it should just be a simple update to the app.

Sorry, got a Black Limited Night Ediition and will pos pics soon.
Question for you about the gas mileage difference. What is the elevation difference between your home and where you picked up the truck? Reason why I ask is I always get worse mileage driving from Las Vegas to Salt Lake compared to the other way back. My father-in-law was convinced that Costco gas was not very good because he would only use Costco when he filled up in Vegas And he always got worse mileage heading home from Vegas back to Salt Lake. It wasn’t until I had pointed out the fact, it is mostly an incline one way and a decline the other way that he realized maybe gas was not the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back