5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

My 2 cents: start the legal process to stir up the pot with Stellantis, the loud squeaky wheel might get a quicker response.
Have you asked the service manager if his team has used a clamp on current meter to monitor the drain on your battery then pull out 1 fuse at a time to see which circuit is causing the current drain? This process will at least point them to the devices connected to that fuse that is draining your battery, hopefully it is only a couple of devices that can quickly be replaced.
Unfortunately not all service techs have a good understanding of electronics or how to effectively troubleshoot them. If a module is drawing lots of power then replacing it and checking the current draw of the battery will tell you right then if the removed module was good or bad, NOT 2 days from now.
I can suggest this to the service writer. I have asked the service manager to call me twice with no response. Starting the legal process will kick this into the legal dept, and lawyer says 3-6 months for resolution. I will give them until Monday.

Question for you about the gas mileage difference. What is the elevation difference between your home and where you picked up the truck? Reason why I ask is I always get worse mileage driving from Las Vegas to Salt Lake compared to the other way back. My father-in-law was convinced that Costco gas was not very good because he would only use Costco when he filled up in Vegas And he always got worse mileage heading home from Vegas back to Salt Lake. It wasn’t until I had pointed out the fact, it is mostly an incline one way and a decline the other way that he realized maybe gas was not the problem.
Very Flat -- Georgia to Lousiana.

We got the truck back from the dealership today. The dealer showed me a picture of what they said is the start/stop harness connector and it was unplugged. It's by the power distribution block. And they ordered a new passenger side mirror motor. They also mentioned that Ram told them to check the condition of seals in that area as they are pushing themselves out of connections. The dealer said that our truck didn't have that issue. As for the stuttering on take off it is still there. They didn't mention anything about a fix for it. So far the truck is driving good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back