5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Current Owners - Discussion, Feedback, and Problems

If your shopping for a handheld meter to troubleshoot your car, then a clamp-on ammeter is a good idea. When disconnecting a wire to insert an ameter, the load can wake up on reconnection and lead to a mis-diagnosis. While the clamp-ons don't have great low current resolution (10 ma) if you battery is being depleted overnight, the current draw is well above this. I keep a Tenma 72-3100 around for general troubleshooting. Reasonable price at Newark.com.

Can anyone give me the wheel specs? What is lug pattern and offset specs?

If your shopping for a handheld meter to troubleshoot your car, then a clamp-on ammeter is a good idea. When disconnecting a wire to insert an ameter, the load can wake up on reconnection and lead to a mis-diagnosis. While the clamp-ons don't have great low current resolution (10 ma) if you battery is being depleted overnight, the current draw is well above this. I keep a Tenma 72-3100 around for general troubleshooting. Reasonable price at Newark.com.

This is good advice. I've used clamp on ammeters with good success in finding a parasitic drain, and like he said, the reconnection of the wire during insertion of a conventional ammeter can and will "wake up" modules and such, causing a temporary current draw that is easily mistaken for a battery-draining problem.

Mine sounds the same but no CEL since I got it. I’m at 3800 miles now.
Mine sounds the same as well on start up. 17 miles short of 3800 miles and my CEL just came on when I started it up after sitting in the truck for about 45 mins off while waiting for my wife.

Mine sounds the same as well on start up. 17 miles short of 3800 miles and my CEL just came on when I started it up after sitting in the truck for about 45 mins off while waiting for my wife.
Well I'm here to report that I now have the CEL on as well. Came on yesterday morning at 4305 miles. I started the truck and it idled as usual with some surging. As I drove away from my house, the light came on. I'm getting P0303, P0305 & P0306 with P0300 as well. I called the dealer right after and they tried to brush it off like it was nothing. I gave the service advisor the codes and he said no worries just drive it and we will see you Tuesday.

Well I'm here to report that I now have the CEL on as well. Came on yesterday morning at 4305 miles. I started the truck and it idled as usual with some surging. As I drove away from my house, the light came on. I'm getting P0303, P0305 & P0306 with P0300 as well. I called the dealer right after and they tried to brush it off like it was nothing. I gave the service advisor the codes and he said no worries just drive it and we will see you Tuesday.
I tried to have my buddy read the codes with his scanner but when he did it didn’t show any active or stored codes and the CEL shut off. I cycled on off a few times and it’s still off. Haven’t driven the truck yet so we’ll see when I actually do. I called the dealer but they can’t get me in until the end of November.

I tried to have my buddy read the codes with his scanner but when he did it didn’t show any active or stored codes and the CEL shut off. I cycled on off a few times and it’s still off. Haven’t driven the truck yet so we’ll see when I actually do. I called the dealer but they can’t get me in until the end of November.
You have a dealer that can't get you in for 8-10 weeks? Amazing...I'd be looking for a other one ASAP

I purchased a 2025 Ram 1500 Limited on 08/17/2024. I picked the truck up on 08/19/2024 because I secured financing through Navy Federal Credit Union and I had to wait on the check to come on the 19th. I used the TrueCar Buying Service from Navy Federal, so I knew what the OTD price should be. I have attached the window sticker so you can see what the options were on my truck.

As of 09/13/2024, I have 1,344 miles on the truck.

Hurricane 3.0L H.O. - The engine is pretty impressive. I kind of took it easy for the first 500 miles, but then I had the oil changed at 572 miles. After the oil change, I started getting a little aggressive just to see what the engine could do. When the turbos spool up and that power kicks in, it's pretty badass.​
Ram Boxes - I have always wanted the Ram Boxes, but my 2016 didn't have them on it. They came in handy when my grandchildren wanted me to pick them up some Chinese food. I wasn't about to put that stinky food on the inside of the truck, so inside the Ram Boxes it went!!
12" UConnect Screen - I love the 12" screen on the UConnect system and the UC5 system has a nice polished look to it.​
Front Passenger Interactive Display - This will come in handy during road trips. It will give my wife something to do so she is not bored.​
4–Corner Air–Suspension - The ride on this truck is amazing. My wife and I really enjoy riding around in this truck.
Adaptive Cruise Control - I use my cruise control all the time, so I enjoy the ACC.
Power Deployable Running Boards - I needed running boards because my wife is vertically challenged, so these fit the bill perfectly. I actually use them on this truck because it does sit higher than my 2016.

Dislikes
Hesitation/Stutter on Initial Take Off - When the truck is first started in the morning (or after sitting for a little while), the truck stutters and jumps when applying the throttle.​
Dual Wireless Charging Pad - The charging pads didn't work initially, but the shop looked at it before I took delivery and got them working. If you have a big phone (I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max), you kind of have to wedge it in there to get the phone to contact the charging pad. There needs to be more headroom for the phones to fit in there because phones aren't getting any smaller.​

Issues
Dead Battery - On the morning of 09/12/2024, I walked up to the truck and no lights came up and the running boards did not deploy. I thought maybe the key fob battery was dead, so I went in and got the spare key fob. There was no difference, so I pulled the key out of the key fob and unlocked the door manually. When I opened the door, no lights came on. The only thing that I seen was the picture of the push button on the dash. I tried to start it, but it was dead. I grabbed the keys to my 2016 Ram 1500 and went on to work.​
When I got back home from work, I called Ram and started a Roadside Assistance claim. I was initially going to have it towed to the dealer, but they wanted to send it to the dealer that is closest to me. The dealer that is closest to me is not one that I go to because I wouldn't let them change the valve stem caps on my truck. I went ahead and requested a jump start. I figured if I could get it started, I could take it to the dealer that I bought the truck from. It did start, so that's what I did. A MIL light came on while I was on the way to the dealership.​
I had been in contact with the General Manager at the dealership and he set me up with a service advisor. I got to the dealership around 4:40 PM and got the truck checked in. I waited around for a loaner car, but the dealership doesn't do that any more and the service advisor thought the General Manager was setting up the rental car. It ended up being too late in the day for me to get the rental, so the service advisor asked me if I could bring it back the following day. I told her that I would as long as I could get it started again. She said she thought I would be okay.​
On the drive home, I had the voltmeter displayed so I could keep and eye on the voltage. The whole way home while the throttle was applied, the voltage would read anywhere from 12.5 - 12.7 volts. Sometimes when I would let off the throttle, the voltage would climb to 13.9 - 14.2. I thought this was kind of odd since it should be higher with the throttle applied and possibly drop when the throttle was released. I made it home okay though.​
The next morning (09/13/2024), I remote started the truck and it started fine. On the way to work, the voltage stayed at 13.9 - 14.2 the whole way. When I left work, I remote started it again and there was no issue this time as well. On the way to the dealership, the voltage was reading normal again and I had no issues getting there. Once there, I checked in with the service advisor and gave her this list for the technician to check out while it was in there.​
  1. Dead Battery/Charging Issue: Details already discussed.
  2. Wireless Charging Pad: The left pad started flashing red when I was on my way to the dealership. The right side seemed to work fine.
  3. Hesitation/Stutter on Take Off: I asked them to have the technician check this out first thing in the morning. I asked them to check for any system updates or programming.
  4. Ram Box (Driver's Side): The front of the Ram Box was kind of high and did not follow the body line, so I asked them to adjust it.
  5. Bed Squeak: When I back into my driveway, I can hear the bed squeak or something else squeaking. I heard it when I backed out of the service bay as well.
I was really enjoying the truck until it started having the charging issue. I hop it can get sorted out and I don't have the same issues that are discussed here. I am putting this here so there is some kind of record that I can keep updating.

09/20/2024: The dealer called and told me the truck was ready for pickup today. To my surprise (sarcasm), they could not replicate a single issue. I told them that I would be there in the morning to at least show them the hesitation/stuttering on cold start.

Below is part of the video I took on my way home last Thursday (09/12/2024). It shows the truck at 12.6 - 12.7 volts with throttle and 14.2 volts with no throttle.

Here is a picture of the truck from the dealer photos.

bee3130e06911a1f802dab0ecb078848.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
That is great detail. Thank you. I hope you will let us know the battery outcome as it seems to be a top issue.

I purchased a 2025 Ram 1500 Limited on 08/17/2024. I picked the truck up on 08/19/2024 because I secured financing through Navy Federal Credit Union and I had to wait on the check to come on the 19th. I used the TrueCar Buying Service from Navy Federal, so I knew what the OTD price should be. I have attached the window sticker so you can see what the options were on my truck.

Hurricane 3.0L H.O. - The engine is pretty impressive. I kind of took it easy for the first 500 miles, but then I had the oil changed at 572 miles. After the oil change, I started getting a little aggressive just to see what the engine could do. When the turbos spool up and that power kicks in, it's pretty badass.​
Ram Boxes - I have always wanted the Ram Boxes, but my 2016 didn't have them on it. They came in handy when my grandchildren wanted me to pick them up some Chinese food. I wasn't about to put that stinky food on the inside of the truck, so inside the Ram Boxes it went!!
12" UConnect Screen - I love the 12" screen on the UConnect system and the UC5 system has a nice polished look to it.​
Front Passenger Interactive Display - This will come in handy during road trips. It will give my wife something to do so she is not bored.​
4–Corner Air–Suspension - The ride on this truck is amazing. My wife and I really enjoy riding around in this truck.
Adaptive Cruise Control - I use my cruise control all the time, so I enjoy the ACC.
Power Deployable Running Boards - I needed running boards because my wife is vertically challenged, so these fit the bill perfectly. I actually use them on this truck because it does sit higher than my 2016.

Dislikes
Hesitation/Stutter on Initial Take Off - When the truck is first started in the morning (or after sitting for a little while), the truck stutters and jumps when applying the throttle.​
Dual Wireless Charging Pad - The charging pads didn't work initially, but the shop looked at it before I took delivery and got them working. If you have a big phone (I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max), you kind of have to wedge it in there to get the phone to contact the charging pad. There needs to be more headroom for the phones to fit in there because phones aren't getting any smaller.​

Issues
Dead Battery - On the morning of 09/12/2024, I walked up to the truck and no lights came up and the running boards did not deploy. I thought maybe the key fob battery was dead, so I went in and got the spare key fob. There was no difference, so I pulled the key out of the key fob and unlocked the door manually. When I opened the door, no lights came on. The only thing that I seen was the picture of the push button on the dash. I tried to start it, but it was dead. I grabbed the keys to my 2016 Ram 1500 and went on to work.​
When I got back home from work, I called Ram and started a Roadside Assistance claim. I was initially going to have it towed to the dealer, but they wanted to send it to the dealer that is closest to me. The dealer that is closest to me is not one that I go to because I wouldn't let them change the valve stem caps on my truck. I went ahead and requested a jump start. I figured if I could get it started, I could take it to the dealer that I bought the truck from. It did start, so that's what I did. A MIL light came on while I was on the way to the dealership.​
I had been in contact with the General Manager at the dealership and he set me up with a service advisor. I got to the dealership around 4:40 PM and got the truck checked in. I waited around for a loaner car, but the dealership doesn't do that any more and the service advisor thought the General Manager was setting up the rental car. It ended up being too late in the day for me to get the rental, so the service advisor asked me if I could bring it back the following day. I told her that I would as long as I could get it started again. She said she thought I would be okay.​
On the drive home, I had the voltmeter displayed so I could keep and eye on the voltage. The whole way home while the throttle was applied, the voltage would read anywhere from 12.5 - 12.7 volts. Sometimes when I would let off the throttle, the voltage would climb to 13.9 - 14.2. I thought this was kind of odd since it should be higher with the throttle applied and possibly drop when the throttle was released. I made it home okay though.​
The next morning (09/13/2024), I remote started the truck and it started fine. On the way to work, the voltage stayed at 13.9 - 14.2 the whole way. When I left work, I remote started it again and there was no issue this time as well. On the way to the dealership, the voltage was reading normal again and I had no issues getting there. Once there, I checked in with the service advisor and gave her this list for the technician to check out while it was in there.​
  2. Wireless Charging Pad: The left pad started flashing red when I was on my way to the dealership. The right side seemed to work fine.
  3. Hesitation/Stutter on Take Off: I asked them to have the technician check this out first thing in the morning. I asked them to check for any system updates or programming.
  4. Ram Box (Driver's Side): The front of the Ram Box was kind of high and did not follow the body line, so I asked them to adjust it.
  5. Bed Squeak: When I back into my driveway, I can hear the bed squeak or something else squeaking. I heard it when I backed out of the service bay as well.
I was really enjoying the truck until it started having the charging issue. I hop it can get sorted out and I don't have the same issues that are discussed here. I am putting this here so there is some kind of record that I can keep updating.

View attachment 189772
Nice pickup and great write up! I forgot about the bed squeak. I have that going on also. I was hoping it would eventually go away but I noticed it every time I back down my driveway.

Nice write up with details, please keep us updated on the common battery issue. You are right about charging voltage, it should be greater than 13.5 V when charging.
Every time I see your picture I get the urge to get a candy apple since that red reminds me of eating those goodies....🍎🍎

Nice pickup and great write up! I forgot about the bed squeak. I have that going on also. I was hoping it would eventually go away but I noticed it every time I back down my driveway.
Is it the bed or the brakes? A brake noise in reverse was an issue with many of the '19s.

Dislikes

Issues

View attachment 189772
Great write up and sharp truck! Should have traded in that '16 sooner!

If I had my dealer tell me they could not get to me till November I am afraid the general manager and I are going to have conversation.

Dislikes

Issues

View attachment 189772
Keep us posted please. my truck will be almost identical to yours except I have the longer bed and level A package.

Is it the bed or the brakes? A brake noise in reverse was an issue with many of the '19s.

I guess I'm not positive on that but it sounds like a rubber squeak as the bed flexes at the bottom of my driveway. I'm not sure what the brake noise sounded like but it sure could be that.

That is great detail. Thank you. I hope you will let us know the battery outcome as it seems to be a top issue.
Thanks.

I will update the thread as events happen.
Thanks

If it wasn't at the dealership, I wouldn't have worried too much about it. I have great hearing (just ask my kids) and I hear everything.
Nice write up with details, please keep us updated on the common battery issue. You are right about charging voltage, it should be greater than 13.5 V when charging.
Every time I see your picture I get the urge to get a candy apple since that red reminds me of eating those goodies....🍎🍎
Thanks

It's about that time for candy apples so treat yourself!!

It's a bed squeak. Sometimes when I hear it, I don't even have the brakes applied. My 1999 Ram 1500 did the same thing, but it was after I had it for a few years.

I didn't trade the 2016 in. I still have it. This a picture of when it was new.

20161106_170540.jpg
Keep us posted please. my truck will be almost identical to yours except I have the longer bed and level A package.
Will do.

I wanted the Ram Boxes, so I couldn't get the longer bed.

If the dealership and STAR can’t figure out the cylinder misfire and they want to take apart the engine, do I have any say in preventing this? I only had the truck a few weeks, and the last thing I want is a dealership taking apart this brand new engine then hoping they’d put everything back together as it should be. I just as likely want to pursue a lemon law in that case. Will be in the shop two weeks tomorrow. What a mess. Over a cylinder misfire that they can’t properly remedy. The two coils and plugs didn’t fix it.

They’re emailing back and forth with STAR, waiting days for their response on what to try next.

I should’ve just got a ‘24 hemi.

I know this is a lot for a first post but I hope there may be someone in here in the Ram higher ups that may have a idea.
So for the second time my limited high output has thrown a CEL for a P2006 (intake manifold runner stuck closed). This happened at around 1800 miles. Almost one month after it was purchased. The first time it happened we had it towed to the dealership. The dealer said the P2006 was not present but a few different electrical codes were there. I don't remember exactly what codes they said. The dealer couldn't figure it out and they said Ram told them to check every harness and plug. They returned the truck to us on a Thursday and it is now Monday and what do you know the P2006 returns at 2300 miles. The truck will be towed back in and we will see what happens this time. The truck also gas the same stuttering as the other user above. Funny enough my truck is also a delmonico red with the offroad package and looks identical to the one above. I have been keeping a eye on my Ram app and have noticed it is reporting very poor fuel economy. Oh and the passenger side mirror when folding in keeps clicking and twitching.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240916_184936_Ram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240916_184936_Ram.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I know this is a lot for a first post but I hope there may be someone in here in the Ram higher ups that may have a idea.
So for the second time my limited high output has thrown a CEL for a P2006 (intake manifold runner stuck closed). This happened at around 1800 miles. Almost one month after it was purchased. The first time it happened we had it towed to the dealership. The dealer said the P2006 was not present but a few different electrical codes were there. I don't remember exactly what codes they said. The dealer couldn't figure it out and they said Ram told them to check every harness and plug. They returned the truck to us on a Thursday and it is now Monday and what do you know the P2006 returns at 2300 miles. The truck will be towed back in and we will see what happens this time. The truck also gas the same stuttering as the other user above. Funny enough my truck is also a delmonico red with the offroad package and looks identical to the one above. I have been keeping a eye on my Ram app and have noticed it is reporting very poor fuel economy. Oh and the passenger side mirror when folding in keeps clicking and twitching.
well, the list of codes grows. seems like they know they have wiring harness issues as we all concluded a long time ago. mirror sounds like a bad or improperly installed actuator mechanism; man I hope I don't have these issues I won't be pleased.

My limited is set to be delivered in the next week or so. It sat in the quality assurance stage for 5 weeks hopefully they fixed whatever was wrong wiring harness wise prior to shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back