5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 disable seatbelt alarm?

KevinF56

Reaction score
I just came across this thread and tried it in my 2022 RAM built November 2022, near the end of the model year. The first procedure I tried where you don't start the truck didn't work. But another that said to start the truck worked - I could put it in drive and unbuckle without the chime or the cluster display alert. The small seatbelt icon stays on, but no chime. My exact procedure:

Get in the truck and close all the doors, buckle your seatbelt.
Press the start button to the On/Run position without starting the truck.
Wait for all the warning icons to turn off (about 5 seconds)
Quickly unbuckle your seat belt and rebuckle at least 3 times ending with it buckled (I did it 4 times to be sure).
Start the truck, unbuckle and drive away without the annoying alert and chime.
I've tried this a couple times on my 2023 Ram Limited and it hasn't worked yet. Question for those that have - does your check engine light go off? When I hit the start button twice to get it in the "Run" position, I wait for all the lights on the dash to go away, but the check engine light remains. I then do the unbuckle/re-buckle procedure but it hasn't taken the chime off yet.

Kevinn

Reaction score
I've tried this a couple times on my 2023 Ram Limited and it hasn't worked yet. Question for those that have - does your check engine light go off? When I hit the start button twice to get it in the "Run" position, I wait for all the lights on the dash to go away, but the check engine light remains. I then do the unbuckle/re-buckle procedure but it hasn't taken the chime off yet.
Hey Kevin nice name, but a few people have confirmed that this trick to get the seatbelt chime off does NOT work on 2023+'s that have the digital cluster.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had my 2023 ram 1500 in for a new multi function signal light/ high beam switch and asked if they would delete the chime, no problem.
That's interesting. Back when I was a mechanic, we wouldn't have done that, for liability reasons. People could disable themselves, but if the dealer disabled a safety feature, and someone got into an accident with no seat belt, they could sue, for the warning not working.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
That's interesting. Back when I was a mechanic, we wouldn't have done that, for liability reasons. People could disable themselves, but if the dealer disabled a safety feature, and someone got into an accident with no seat belt, they could sue, for the warning not working.
The manual actually state to ask the dealer and they will do it.

At least my 22 does.

ronkaren

Reaction score
papi is correct, my 2023 manual states the same. "if you require it disabled, use qualified technician" something like that. i buckle up every time i drive, none the less.

Papi4baby

Reaction score
For the guys stating about buckling, please think about not everyone drives the truck on public roads all the time. Lots of people have farms and drive in trails slow and make frequent stops to check animals, fence and various things. This is when the seat belt minder becomes a nuisance.

Jax44

Reaction score
Just to bring this full circle, I brought the truck in for the six month service and oil change today and the service advisor was able to flash the computer to remove the ding, but not the warning that comes up on the cluster. While I wish we could do it ourselves i’m happy with the results, and for his effort he earned himself a case of beer.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Just to bring this full circle, I brought the truck in for the six month service and oil change today and the service advisor was able to flash the computer to remove the ding, but not the warning that comes up on the cluster. While I wish we could do it ourselves i’m happy with the results, and for his effort he earned himself a case of beer.

@Jimmy07 is there a way we can kill the seatbelt chime on the 23's with the digital EVIC with AlfaOBD?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 is there a way we can kill the seatbelt chime on the 23's with the digital EVIC with AlfaOBD?
No. AlfaOBD can’t even disable the seatbelt chime on any 5th gen cluster type.
Seatbelt trick works on all model years and instrument clusters except the new 12” digital cluster.
Witech can disable the chime on the 12” digital cluster via dealership or aftermarket user.

I’m sure the new 12” digital cluster has some type of manual sequence to disable the chime, but just hasn’t been figured out yet.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
No. AlfaOBD can’t even disable the seatbelt chime on any 5th gen cluster type.
Seatbelt trick works on all model years and instrument clusters except the new 12” digital cluster.
Witech can disable the chime on the 12” digital cluster via dealership or aftermarket user.

I’m sure the new 12” digital cluster has some type of manual sequence to disable the chime, but just hasn’t been figured out yet.

I guess it's just a matter of time before someone figures out the trick.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone tried up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-Start?
Since it has to disable chime for both driver and passenger, might have to be …B-A-SELECT-Start

Cgalek

Reaction score
Spent 20 minutes trying the different methods without success. Sounds like they may have changed the process.

Users who are viewing this thread