5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 disable seatbelt alarm?

Kevinn

Reaction score
I did a quick search and found a lot of the same instructions to disable the seatbelt, but they don’t seem to be working for me.
Press button to run, click and unclick seatbelt 3 times, then turn off via button.

Is the procedure different with the 2023’s? How about with the new digital dash?

Or am I just a dope and not doing it correctly?

I did my last truck on the first try, but that was a 2014

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did a quick search and found a lot of the same instructions to disable the seatbelt, but they don’t seem to be working for me.
Press button to run, click and unclick seatbelt 3 times, then turn off via button.

Is the procedure different with the 2023’s? How about with the new digital dash?

Or am I just a dope and not doing it correctly?

I did my last truck on the first try, but that was a 2014
I think you got it backwardsish.
You need to start with the seatbelt clicked in, not unclicked. Out in, out in, out in.
Turn off truck, start, drive.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is how you explicitly do it.
It works.

Get in your truck close the door.
Buckle your seat belt.
Set truck to run (not acc)
Remove buckle, insert
remove, insert
remove, insert
Leave inserted and turn truck to off
Start truck

Kevinn

Reaction score
This is how you explicitly do it.
It works.

Get in your truck close the door.
Buckle your seat belt.
Set truck to run (not acc)
Remove buckle, insert
remove, insert
remove, insert
Leave inserted and turn truck to off
Start truck
idk i must be doing it wrong then. have other people been successful doing this with the digital dash?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It has 0 to do with your dash. It's been the same method for several generations. Are you sure it isn't disabled? You still get the light but should be no noise.

Kevinn

Reaction score
yea it still dings while driving. clearly im doing something wrong then. ill keep trying

John Jensen

Reaction score
Worked for 2016 1500 and 2020 3500

Seat belt turnoff:
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any
position except On or Start, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait
for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated
by repeating this procedure.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm thinking like post above, you may have to let buckle retract each time.

6of36

Reaction score
It's possible you can't turn off anymore. The old system may have been changed for '23. In owners manual, page 284 i think, it says enhanced seat belt warning may be turned off by a dealer. Maybe alfaobd?

Dewey

Reaction score
It's possible you can't turn off anymore. The old system may have been changed for '23. In owners manual, page 284 i think, it says enhanced seat belt warning may be turned off by a dealer. Maybe alfaobd?
Wouldn’t surprise me. Look what they did with adding the 3Honk feature on the 22’s. Darn engineers always gotta mess with something.

6of36

Reaction score
after another 20 tries i said F it and ordered the bypass and OBD reader. going to go the alfaobd route. thanks for the help
I'm just taking a shot in the dark. Not sure if alfaobd will work or if it has to be dealer. If it does, make sure you post results.

Jax44

Reaction score
Not sure if it helps but I at least share in your pain. I also can’t turn it off on my new 23 but was able to do it for my 19 no problems. If you have any success, let me know because that darn alarm really pisses me off.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I like that last option. I find the ding a good way to annoy unruly passengers into buckling their seat belt from time to time so I don't want to disble it permanently. I also drive around our property and am in and out of the truck so I do like the option of simply plugging something in for the rare occassions I do want to kill it.

I was just going to grab a spare buckle the next time I'm wandering a junkyard with the Father-in-law.
Edit: Just ordered a pair of them for $8.54 shipped.

Last edited:

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I stopped the Seatbelt ding on my 2021 Laramie. But the Idiot light was still Lit up.
I used these seatbelt extenders t0 fix that and came with a basic set to use in other vehicles also.

Malodave

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
My dummy clips showed up yesterday, just in time for three loads of firewood, in and out of the truck and back and forth on the property without a single chime. It was wonderful.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if it helps but I at least share in your pain. I also can’t turn it off on my new 23 but was able to do it for my 19 no problems. If you have any success, let me know because that darn alarm really pisses me off.
This same discussion is going on in the TRX forum. Looks like Ram either eliminated the ding bypass, or changed it to some other combination.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
Here’s the procedure I used with my 2022 Laramie that worked first time and still working.

How to disable the seatbelt chime.

Start with seatbelt on and truck off. Press start button with foot Off brake twice to run position, unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt 3 times. Foot on brake and press start button then turn the truck off. Open door.

Users who are viewing this thread