5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 disable seatbelt alarm?

CatServant

Reaction score
All of you are wrong. The procedure is simple:
1. Start truck
2. While still in park, buckle seatbelt
3. Change drive selector to Drive
4. Drive without beeping

I suspect they’re referring to the passenger seat when carrying something heavy in it that’s not a person.

GenerallyRam

Reaction score
I also have a 2023 and cannot get the Super Mario Cheat Code click, unclick to work.

Ahoyt1146

Reaction score
Here’s the procedure I used with my 2022 Laramie that worked first time and still working.

How to disable the seatbelt chime.

Start with seatbelt on and truck off. Press start button with foot Off brake twice to run position, unbuckle and buckle your seatbelt 3 times. Foot on brake and press start button then turn the truck off. Open door.
I just received a new work pick up - 2023 Ram 1500 Tradesmen etorque- I performed the above steps and it got rid of the “ding” for me. It still pops up on the dash showing unbuckled but no more annoying ding. Thank you! Hope this will work for others.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All of you are wrong. The procedure is simple:
1. Start truck
2. While still in park, buckle seatbelt
3. Change drive selector to Drive
4. Drive without beeping

Shocking that we made it over 20 posts in before somebody typed that. Usually it's the second or third post anytime someone asks for legitimate help with this issue.

As far as shutting off the chime, I use a strapless seatbelt extender from Amazon. Note that you can buy with with extension straps (for very large men or women) but I'm average size so I got mine without any extension. It just plugs into the factory seat belt receptacle, and then the seatbelt plugs into it. AutoPark shut off, seat belt chime shut off, all is well with the world.

(For the record, I always wear the belt on public roads. I however do not want to listen to the chime while off public roads.)

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shocking that we made it over 20 posts in before somebody typed that. Usually it's the second or third post anytime someone asks for legitimate help with this issue.

As far as shutting off the chime, I use a strapless seatbelt extender from Amazon. Note that you can buy with with extension straps (for very large men or women) but I'm average size so I got mine without any extension. It just plugs into the factory seat belt receptacle, and then the seatbelt plugs into it. AutoPark shut off, seat belt chime shut off, all is well with the world.

(For the record, I always wear the belt on public roads. I however do not want to listen to the chime while off public roads.)
My knee tells a different story about extenders. I will always walk with a limp, after totaling my last Ram while using an extender. Due to the buckle being 3 or 4 inches from it's engineered location, it gave it just enough play for my knee to hit the dash, breaking my kneecap and cutting my quad tendon. A month in bed, before I could use crutches for a couple months. Accident was in January, and it was Christmas before I could think about kneeling. I don't use them anymore.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My knee tells a different story about extenders. I will always walk with a limp, after totaling my last Ram while using an extender. Due to the buckle being 3 or 4 inches from it's engineered location, it gave it just enough play for my knee to hit the dash, breaking my kneecap and cutting my quad tendon. A month in bed, before I could use crutches for a couple months. Accident was in January, and it was Christmas before I could think about kneeling. I don't use them anymore.

I'm sorry that happened to you. That really sucks.

Whether or not the extender is to blame would be debatable since the anchor point of the receptacle is not changing. The only thing that changes is a couple inches of the webbing is replaced by solid material. That should make no difference in its ability to hold a body in place when forces are applied. If we unbolted the OE receptacle from the floor and moved it up a few inches I can see a potential issue, but that's not happening here. No dimensions are changing anywhere. We're simply replacing a small section of webbing for the extender.

I love mine and have since bought more of them. They solve ALL the issues with these electronic nannies on modern vehicles (except for the horrible "3 horn honk") and on a couple of my vehicles with hard to reach release buttons they actually make it easier to release the seat belt. (This could also prove to be safer in a crash.)

seatbeltextender.jpg

Reactions: DEG

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased those solid extensions that also had extra latches to use while riding in other Cars.

In NH the only Seatbelt law is if you are under 18. The same goes with Motorcycle Helmets.

We take our State Motto seriously "Live Free or Die".

Malodave

6of36

Reaction score
I'm sorry that happened to you. That really sucks.

Whether or not the extender is to blame would be debatable since the anchor point of the receptacle is not changing. The only thing that changes is a couple inches of the webbing is replaced by solid material. That should make no difference in its ability to hold a body in place when forces are applied. If we unbolted the OE receptacle from the floor and moved it up a few inches I can see a potential issue, but that's not happening here. No dimensions are changing anywhere. We're simply replacing a small section of webbing for the extender.

I love mine and have since bought more of them. They solve ALL the issues with these electronic nannies on modern vehicles (except for the horrible "3 horn honk") and on a couple of my vehicles with hard to reach release buttons they actually make it easier to release the seat belt. (This could also prove to be safer in a crash.)

View attachment 161282
Actually there is a difference. The point where the belt turns back from being a lap belt, to being a shoulder belt, is moved 3 or 4 inches closer to the dash. It doesn't make much difference as for as upper body restraint, but allows your hips to move 3 or 4 inches forward.

ronkaren

Reaction score
I just received a new work pick up - 2023 Ram 1500 Tradesmen etorque- I performed the above steps and it got rid of the “ding” for me. It still pops up on the dash showing unbuckled but no more annoying ding. Thank you! Hope this will work for others.
hey i tried that in my 2023 sport GT, the sound was delayed, but did not dis-able permanently. It came back on after about 1/4 mile. has anyone had the dealership dis-able the chime noise? or is there another way? My previous ram trucks all were dis-alarmed without a problem.

23RAM

Reaction score
hey i tried that in my 2023 sport GT, the sound was delayed, but did not dis-able permanently. It came back on after about 1/4 mile. has anyone had the dealership dis-able the chime noise? or is there another way? My previous ram trucks all were dis-alarmed without a problem.
I just came across this thread and tried it in my 2022 RAM built November 2022, near the end of the model year. The first procedure I tried where you don't start the truck didn't work. But another that said to start the truck worked - I could put it in drive and unbuckle without the chime or the cluster display alert. The small seatbelt icon stays on, but no chime. My exact procedure:

Get in the truck and close all the doors, buckle your seatbelt.
Press the start button to the On/Run position without starting the truck.
Wait for all the warning icons to turn off (about 5 seconds)
Quickly unbuckle your seat belt and rebuckle at least 3 times ending with it buckled (I did it 4 times to be sure).
Start the truck, unbuckle and drive away without the annoying alert and chime.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just came across this thread and tried it in my 2022 RAM built November 2022, near the end of the model year. The first procedure I tried where you don't start the truck didn't work. But another that said to start the truck worked - I could put it in drive and unbuckle without the chime or the cluster display alert. The small seatbelt icon stays on, but no chime. My exact procedure:

Quickly unbuckle your seat belt and rebuckle at least 3 times ending with it buckled (I did it 4 times to be sure).
There is no procedure where you start the truck. What you listed there is the proper procedure.

Texas Dave

Reaction score

Thanks for this. I followed this yesterday in my 2023 Lonestar and it worked. I think I started the procedure too early the first time and didn't wait for the light to initially go off, but worked like a champ on try #2.

23RAM

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I followed this yesterday in my 2023 Lonestar and it worked. I think I started the procedure too early the first time and didn't wait for the light to initially go off, but worked like a champ on try #2.
Yeah it didn't work for me the first try either...then I made sure to wait for the icons to turn off, then it worked.
:)

mynameisante

Reaction score
If you do this with your driver's seatbelt, will the chime go off for your passenger? Or do you have to do passenger separate? My doggo exceeds the seatbelt weight limit, so I'd like to turn it off when he rides shotgun

6of36

Reaction score
If you do this with your driver's seatbelt, will the chime go off for your passenger? Or do you have to do passenger separate? My doggo exceeds the seatbelt weight limit, so I'd like to turn it off when he rides shotgun
I haven't done it in years, because I just wear mine, but I think it's turning off the warning completely, not just the driver's seat.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Noise goes off for both but you still get warning lights on your dash and messages.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I believe it turns off both sides on my 2016 1500 and 2020 3500. My 65lb Lab gets on the passenger seat and there is no sound, no dash messages or lights

Users who are viewing this thread