5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 disable seatbelt alarm?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

MF17

Reaction score
I just came across this thread and tried it in my 2022 RAM built November 2022, near the end of the model year. The first procedure I tried where you don't start the truck didn't work. But another that said to start the truck worked - I could put it in drive and unbuckle without the chime or the cluster display alert. The small seatbelt icon stays on, but no chime. My exact procedure:

Get in the truck and close all the doors, buckle your seatbelt.
Press the start button to the On/Run position without starting the truck.
Wait for all the warning icons to turn off (about 5 seconds)
Quickly unbuckle your seat belt and rebuckle at least 3 times ending with it buckled (I did it 4 times to be sure).
Start the truck, unbuckle and drive away without the annoying alert and chime.
Didn't work on my 23 Limited

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Because you have a Limited, which has the full digital dash. You cannot disable the alarm on the full digital "EVIC" as they call it these days.

Yes, he cannot disable the chime but his dealer can. The dealer just has to be willing to do it.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did a quick search and found a lot of the same instructions to disable the seatbelt, but they don’t seem to be working for me.
Press button to run, click and unclick seatbelt 3 times, then turn off via button.

Is the procedure different with the 2023’s? How about with the new digital dash?

Or am I just a dope and not doing it correctly?

I did my last truck on the first try, but that was a 2014
I have a '23 and it does work but you must click then unclick more then three times! I'm pretty sure it was five times.
It does work just play around a little.

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Worked for 2016 1500 and 2020 3500

Seat belt turnoff:
1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any
position except On or Start, buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait
for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the
ON position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s
seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending
with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn on
while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt.
It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A
single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated
by repeating this procedure.
I have a 2023 and It does work for 2023's but you must click/unclick 5 times.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a '23 and it does work but you must click then unclick more then three times! I'm pretty sure it was five times.
It does work just play around a little.
There’s only one thing that nobody ever confirms when they say they did this on their 2023- which cluster do you have, the 12” digital?

Last edited:

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if it helps but I at least share in your pain. I also can’t turn it off on my new 23 but was able to do it for my 19 no problems. If you have any success, let me know because that

There’s only one thing that nobody ever confirms when they say they did this on their 2023- which cluster do you have, the 12” digit?
Not sure what cluster I have. It's a Bighorn with level 2 package.
But the main point is you must do it more than three times.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what cluster I have. It's a Bighorn with level 2 package.
But the main point is you must do it more than three times.
You don’t have the digital cluster. That’s the one that everyone is asking about, and there’s no known seatbelt method yet to disable it’s seatbelt chime. The cluster you have uses the same method that’s been used for years.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We'll need proof.

Was able to disable chime on my 23 limited using j scan but had to use 1500 DT as vehicle
Just verified. Good find!
I have the 2023 full digital cluster for an HD Ram, and I initially used witech to turn mine off.
I just used JScan, connected as a 1500 DT, and I was able to toggle the chime back on, then toggle it back off successfully.
Adaptation > vehicle user settings > seat belt alert on/off.

Arth

Reaction score
I have the 2023 full digital cluster for an HD Ram, and I initially used witech to turn mine off.
I just used JScan, connected as a 1500 DT, and I was able to toggle the chime back on, then toggle it back off successfully.

I am assuming we still need a bypass cable to get the app to work?

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Is there a setting on AlfaOBD that's similar? If not, I guess I'll need to buy Jscan.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a setting on AlfaOBD that's similar? If not, I guess I'll need to buy Jscan.
There is, but it doesn’t work on ANY instrument cluster for 2019+ rams (parameters not met). My guess is, the developer of alfaobd has never even made an update to the IPC settings since the 2019’s came out, whereas the JScan developer has been focusing a lot more on updates for ram trucks lately, and just happens to have the newer IPC settings.
They ultimately both use the same engineering software to model their apps after, so I can try messaging the alfaobd developer to update the IPC list, but not sure how long until he would implement it.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Okay, apparently this is the procedure to disable the seatbelt chime for the 23's with the digital EVIC using AlfaOBD. Connect to the Instrument Panel, Select Control Unit>Instrument Panel Cluster MY2023+ PowerNet, Select Procedure to Start>Program Customer Features, Select option>Seatbelt Alert System, Select Value>Disabled.

I won't have time to try this until tomorrow, but it's been confirmed on the Ram-TRX Forum.

Screenshot_20231113_154412_AlfaOBD.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, apparently this is the procedure to disable the seatbelt chime for the 23's with the digital EVIC using AlfaOBD. Connect to the Instrument Panel, Select Control Unit>Instrument Panel Cluster MY2023+ PowerNet, Select Procedure to Start>Program Customer Features, Select option>Seatbelt Alert System, Select Value>Disabled.

I won't have time to try this until tomorrow, but it's been confirmed on the Ram-TRX Forum.

View attachment 171002
I guess it helps if I update alfaobd, lol. I don’t even have MY2023 listed. Just realized I do not have the app set to automatically update.

hungarianheat84

Reaction score
Quick question, once I've made whatever changes I want to make through "Adaptions" on the Jscan App.....do I unplug the bypass cables and plug the original cables back in? Or do I leave the bypass cables connected (with the original ones still disconnected) and just unplug the obd2 dongle?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Quick question, once I've made whatever changes I want to make through "Adaptions" on the Jscan App.....do I unplug the bypass cables and plug the original cables back in? Or do I leave the bypass cables connected (with the original ones still disconnected) and just unplug the obd2 dongle?
It saves changes to your truck. No need to leave anything connected unless you want to.

Users who are viewing this thread