5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Toyota Tundra

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To say that they’ll have a diesel hybrid is absolutely ridiculous. Name one diesel hybrid available. Secondly, V8’s are not going to be a thing in 10 years. Look at ford, no one said they’d buy aluminum trucks or ecoboosts, but they forced the consumer to buy them, so here we are. The 5.0 accounts for less than half of sales now for the F-150, yet it’s the only V8 option. Toyota will utilize v6 and v6 hybrid technology for the tundra, it’s already confirmed. ICE vehicles aren’t going anywhere just yet however.
The world won't be a thing in 10 years. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez in 2019 said the world would end in 12 years if climate change isn't addressed. Maybe I shouldn't believe her but I stopped paying taxes and started smoking again

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1628131788490.jpeg
Bonus points for anyone who knows that movie reference (without looking it up)

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 102016
Bonus points for anyone who knows that movie reference (without looking it up)

Years later, he’s Izzie Mandlebaum as Jerry Seinfeld’s personal trainer, and even earlier as Jerry’s dad, Morty’s, competition for #1 Dad.

“It’s go time!”

“You think you’re better than me?!”

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Years later, he’s Izzie Mandlebaum as Jerry Seinfeld’s personal trainer, and even earlier as Jerry’s dad, Morty’s, competition for #1 Dad.

“It’s go time!”

“You think you’re better than me?!”

Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Years earlier he starred in Seahunt as Mike Nelson

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Not sure why it's so ridiculous when we're just talking about rumored power trains? Toyota is even lobbying against EVs right now. So I wouldn't be surprised if this rumor has some truth.
And what is the percentage of diesels sold new in the US? It’s ridiculous because not only are diesels extremely unpopular in the full size half ton segment (this coming from a previous owner of one), but diesels are almost entirely sold in HD platforms. Toyota isn’t stupid. Diesel engines are much more expensive to design and the price is reflected in that. That article even shows the Land Cruiser 300, an suv not even going to be sold in the US. Diesels are very popular overseas, but not in the US. Makes entirely no sense for Toyota to design a brand new Diesel engine, let alone a diesel hybrid for a market that doesn’t buy them. Even the Tundra in its best years, pales in comparison in sales to the big 3; why make that divide larger with an engine platform no one would want?

It’s like Every Journalist saying: “WE WANT A MANUAL OPTION!”… then no one buys it and the option is discontinued.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The world won't be a thing in 10 years. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez in 2019 said the world would end in 12 years if climate change isn't addressed. Maybe I shouldn't believe her but I stopped paying taxes and started smoking again
Well when politicians force Automakers to make more hybrids and EV’s because money…that means they’ll force consumers to buy what they have. When’s the last time you bought a new car with a carburetor in it 😂?

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The F-150 has seen a V8 resurgence. In 2017, it represented less than 25% of sales; now, Ford’s saying it’s closer to 40%. It’ll be interesting to see if the Lightning has a larger impact on V8 or EcoBoost sales.
And I can show you articles that show the opposite. V8 sales are just not 40% for the f-150. Chevy and Ram are a different story. Toyota would be foolish to bring a new v8 to market for the tundra.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Audi really tried and pushed the e Tron TDI 2014/2015ish. Their Le Mans R18 prototype was suppose to be the signal that hybrid diesel was the next big thing. I'm surprised it never really took hold in the consumer market. I think they killed it off in 2016.
See VW TDI scandal.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The grill is just too huge. Kinda like the 2500 Silverado. I like everything else about it.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Tundra has been the ugliest truck IMHO. That new one kinda reminds me of a 1978 Cylon... but at least it's not new Titan ugly I guess. 😴

Scram1500

Reaction score
Well when politicians force Automakers to make more hybrids and EV’s because money…that means they’ll force consumers to buy what they have. When’s the last time you bought a new car with a carburetor in it 😂?
Enhancing the fuel delivery system for a more uniform air/fuel ratio is not the same as changing from internal combustion to electric

Users who are viewing this thread