5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Toyota Tundra

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah it is a little big but I think the center part of the bumper being blacked out makes it look worse than it is.
I commented to this extent before, but with the blacked out grille and bumper, it looks to me as if the grille got ripped off exposing the radiator.

The Tundra, old or new, aren’t my style, but I’m sure it’ll appeal to many.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I commented to this extent before, but with the blacked out grille and bumper, it looks to me as if the grille got ripped off exposing the radiator.

The Tundra, old or new, aren’t my style, but I’m sure it’ll appeal to many.
As with everything on this planet, they arent for everyone

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Enhancing the fuel delivery system for a more uniform air/fuel ratio is not the same as changing from internal combustion to electric
Same principle, idea is to achieve better fuel economy thus reducing emissions. That’s done by adding batteries, you’re skipping the step of hybridization. Look at what the tundra is doing. It’s not going full electric all at once, but it is going to a hybrid powertrain. Gotta start somewhere. My point is, it’s being forced by automakers because of pressure by politicians.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just saw an article that there will be rear coil spring suspension on the new Tundra, might actually have a decent ride

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I‘ll admit I know hardly anything about Tundras other then they haven’t really updated them in a decade and that people who have them love them.

My buddy bought one just before 4th of July this year. It was a 2018 platinum TRD with around 50k miles on it. He paid 48k for it. I drove it to the boat launch for him to pull his boat out of the water and I could not have been less impressed. It didn’t ride any better than my 1 ton truck. Everything inside felt cheap and rattled. I understand that it’s a 3 year old truck now but man I can’t believe what he paid for it. I’m not brand loyal I buy what I like. I can’t imagine why anybody would buy a current Tundra compared to what Ram, Ford, And Chevy are offering. The New Tundra better have some serious upgrading to even catch up let alone pass the others

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe RAM has cornered the market for so long with coil rear (over a decade). With the Tundra and Ford Raptor finally switching over it won't be too many more years before the Chevy/GM 1500 and 'regular' Ford F-150 finally convert.

It was one of the selling points for me with my truck. Progressive coils at all four corners with a multi-link rear from the factory.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I‘ll admit I know hardly anything about Tundras other then they haven’t really updated them in a decade and that people who have them love them.

My buddy bought one just before 4th of July this year. It was a 2018 platinum TRD with around 50k miles on it. He paid 48k for it. I drove it to the boat launch for him to pull his boat out of the water and I could not have been less impressed. It didn’t ride any better than my 1 ton truck. Everything inside felt cheap and rattled. I understand that it’s a 3 year old truck now but man I can’t believe what he paid for it. I’m not brand loyal I buy what I like. I can’t imagine why anybody would buy a current Tundra compared to what Ram, Ford, And Chevy are offering. The New Tundra better have some serious upgrading to even catch up let alone pass the others

That has been my experience with every Toyota vehicle I've ever sat in, including higher trim Tundras and Highlanders.

AlbertaClipper

Reaction score
That has been my experience with every Toyota vehicle I've ever sat in, including higher trim Tundras and Highlanders.
I come from many Toyotas and you're not wrong. I think the main appeal of Toyota is that you know that when you buy one, if you do bare minimum maintenance, you can easily get 400k miles out of them and there is a TON of aftermarket support for them. Look on their forums and the issues are minimal. Look on the Ram/FCA forums and we have dozens of threads about whether or not our engine is going to eat itself or that it already has. I *love* my new Rebel (I feel like I'm driving around in a living room) but silently wonder if I need to change my OCI to 1,000 miles, use a non-spec'd oil and/or add Lubegard to it, or just close my eyes and cross my fingers and hope I have a properly lubricated or hardened camshaft and lifters. But yeah, the interior in their trucks is about 12 years behind, and Toyota customers are beyond frustrated with the lack of creature comforts. I came from a fairly new Tacoma, and by far the biggest issue with Toyota is they have absolutely sucked the drivability about of them with slow downshifting or excessively gear hunting transmissions with the reasoning that is speculated to squeeze more MPGs out for CAFE. The Tacoma is almost terrible to drive, but the whole vehicle could be on fire with bullets in the engine block and it would still get you where you need to go.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Can Toyota please just fiiiiinally go ahead and unveil the Tundra now? I'm getting a new truck in a few months and would like to know what the actual options are on the market.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can Toyota please just fiiiiinally go ahead and unveil the Tundra now? I'm getting a new truck in a few months and would like to know what the actual options are on the market.
Won't be much longer now. They always show these trucks at the Texas State Fair which is scheduled for 10/17. I do think it will be revealed prior to that, but they will be on full display at the fair. I, for one, am really liking what I am seeing. However, I do not believe they will be as luxurious as the RAM...but time will tell as Toyota is going after the BIG 3 hard and fast. The RAM will certainly be hard to beat in that area IMPO.

Last edited:

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Won't be much longer now. They always show these trucks at the Yexas State Fair which is scheduled for 10/17. I do think it will be revealed prior to that, but they will be on full display at the fair. I, for one, am really liking what I am seeing. However, I do not believe they will be as luxurious as the RAM...but time will tell as Toyota is going after the BIG 3 hard and fast. The RAM will certainly be hard to beat in that area IMPO.
Yexas? Is that the 53rd state?
Yotoya Yundra, proudly made in Yexas.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. 🤪🤪😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread