5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Toyota Tundra

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

traveller09

Reaction score
Even though I just bought my Rebel and in spite of that hideous front-end (which hopefully can be improved with an aftermarket bumper) and the apparent lack of storage on the new Tundra, depending on MPG and the seats passing the wife's back test, this will be my next truck.

breeno

Reaction score
Just bought my 21 Rebel but if I was in the market for a 1/2 ton I would definitely look at the 22 Tundra.

I’ve owned two Tundras previously (as well as a Chevy, Ford and 2 RAMs) and never had any issues with them.

This Rebel is my favorite 1/2 ton by far so the Tundra would have to be pretty special to move me off this thing…

…and while it’s not a completely rational reason, TBH I’d have a hard time not owning a V8 - I just freaking love the sound of this hemi!

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I'll be checking out a hybrid 1794 in the spring. I'm 100% brand agnostic, and while I like my DT, I'm looking for more power and better MPG for the next truck that I'm gonna get next year. Right now the candidates are another DT with the diesel or a Powerboost, and the Tundra will at least get a look.

There's a lot of stuff on paper that's attractive about the new Tundra, but I'll need to see and drive it in person to see if the looks are as offputting in person as some of them are in pictures.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The interior looks like a pre 2021 F-150, lots of hard edged plastics, boxy shapes etc. I know the Toyota crowd will love it but honestly for what they will want for the hybrid I'd go with the F-150 that you can at least use as a generator. I have a feeling Ram will be adding some sort of hybrid option either late MY22 or for MY23, quite possibly with the I-6T. While I dont care for the looks the 22 Silverado has a greatly improved interior and the ZR2 looks like a way better Rebel especially with the LS3. Ram really needs to offer the SRT 6.4 in the 1500....considering the Grand Wagoneer is using it and they share a platform.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The interior looks like a pre 2021 F-150, lots of hard edged plastics, boxy shapes etc. I know the Toyota crowd will love it but honestly for what they will want for the hybrid I'd go with the F-150 that you can at least use as a generator. I have a feeling Ram will be adding some sort of hybrid option either late MY22 or for MY23, quite possibly with the I-6T. While I dont care for the looks the 22 Silverado has a greatly improved interior and the ZR2 looks like a way better Rebel especially with the LS3. Ram really needs to offer the SRT 6.4 in the 1500....considering the Grand Wagoneer is using it and they share a platform.
All the videos I've seen of people handling interior pieces it already sounds like the interior will (again) be plastic rattle trap hell, like every other Toyota.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be checking out a hybrid 1794 in the spring. I'm 100% brand agnostic, and while I like my DT, I'm looking for more power and better MPG for the next truck that I'm gonna get next year. Right now the candidates are another DT with the diesel or a Powerboost, and the Tundra will at least get a look.

There's a lot of stuff on paper that's attractive about the new Tundra, but I'll need to see and drive it in person to see if the looks are as offputting in person as some of them are in pictures.
No F-150 Lightning for you?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
No F-150 Lightning for you?
I'm on the fence, mainly because of logistics. I live in a townhouse with street parking, so charging at home isn't possible. No chargers at work, either, so my only local charging option would be public charger...which doesn't appeal to me at all as a regular charging routine.

Otherwise I'd be quite interested.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was all about the lightning until I researched how expensive electric charging is on the road and how long it currently takes to charge a vehicle during long road trips. I don’t think the infrastructure is there yet. I’m holding out hope that it will be better by the time the 2024 ram electric truck comes out.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was all about the lightning until I researched how expensive electric charging is on the road and how long it currently takes to charge a vehicle during long road trips. I don’t think the infrastructure is there yet. I’m holding out hope that it will be better by the time the 2024 ram electric truck comes out.
Not to mention if you venture away from the Interstate highways...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not to mention if you venture away from the Interstate highways...
Yeah totally. I’d have range anxiety so bad that they would name a condition after me in the diagnostic manual of mental disorders.

Users who are viewing this thread