5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Toyota Tundra

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s wrong with that?
Nothing. Just a bunch of "red blooded American" who think American companies are superior even though they have exported all sorts of manufacturing jobs and left cities in ruin in their search for profits. Just look at Detroit.

I personally think it's a silly stance. People scream buy American trucks but refuse to acknowledge the Hemi is made in Mexico or that the Tundra is the most domestically assembled truck in America. Personally I'm more concerned with whose helping my fellow Americans put food on the table. I don't care if their corporate headquarters are in Japan.

I'm ready for them to hurry up and reveal this thing. Getting more interested in it as days go on.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ This debate is going on 14 years now.

So… how bout them turbos on a truck???

That debate is only like 10 years old…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We don't live overseas.

#FamilyFirst
Guess you shoulda bought some different tires then. Too bad you're lining the pockets of the Yokohama corporation in Japan 😂 what a joke.

Edit: also forgot the most obvious point. Guess what pard - Stellantis is overseas too! Where ya think the Ram profits are going.

😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We don't live overseas.

#FamilyFirst
Nah, who cares. Maybe if American meant the best in the world I’d buy it, but it doesn’t when it comes to vehicles. Kinda sad really. Toyota is more American than Ram anyways 😂. Your gladiator may have been built 2 hours away from me, but in reality, it’s hardly American.

Hell I got a British car with a German Transmission, made in Slovakia. I don’t care if it gets the job done and has what I want in it. America isn’t the leader in manufacturing anymore, and honestly I would rather it say Made in Japan, UK, or Germany over Made in America in terms of Quality. China is a different story 😂.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are rumors of a hybrid diesel in the new Tundra . Just rumors though .
We must have read the same article very recently. That would be pretty interesting! As much as I love them - NA V8’s are on their last dying breath. I feel like it’s time to embrace whatever new systems these engineers dream up. I could see a hybrid diesel being very efficient for towing.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We must have read the same article very recently. That would be pretty interesting! As much as I love them - NA V8’s are on their last dying breath. I feel like it’s time to embrace whatever new systems these engineers dream up. I could see a hybrid diesel being very efficient for towing.
What a breath it will be. Sales of V8's do not seem to be slowing down even with the push towards green. It must be the ammo hoarding mentality. Nobody can sell more guns and ammo than a liberal with an agenda. I think the same thing will happen with gas powered vehicles

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To say that they’ll have a diesel hybrid is absolutely ridiculous. Name one diesel hybrid available. Secondly, V8’s are not going to be a thing in 10 years. Look at ford, no one said they’d buy aluminum trucks or ecoboosts, but they forced the consumer to buy them, so here we are. The 5.0 accounts for less than half of sales now for the F-150, yet it’s the only V8 option. Toyota will utilize v6 and v6 hybrid technology for the tundra, it’s already confirmed. ICE vehicles aren’t going anywhere just yet however.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To say that they’ll have a diesel hybrid is absolutely ridiculous. Name one diesel hybrid available. Secondly, V8’s are not going to be a thing in 10 years. Look at ford, no one said they’d buy aluminum trucks or ecoboosts, but they forced the consumer to buy them, so here we are. The 5.0 accounts for less than half of sales now for the F-150, yet it’s the only V8 option. Toyota will utilize v6 and v6 hybrid technology for the tundra, it’s already confirmed. ICE vehicles aren’t going anywhere just yet however.
The F-150 has seen a V8 resurgence. In 2017, it represented less than 25% of sales; now, Ford’s saying it’s closer to 40%. It’ll be interesting to see if the Lightning has a larger impact on V8 or EcoBoost sales.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Not sure why it's so ridiculous when we're just talking about rumored power trains? Toyota is even lobbying against EVs right now. So I wouldn't be surprised if this rumor has some truth.

monkeypunch

Reaction score
Audi really tried and pushed the e Tron TDI 2014/2015ish. Their Le Mans R18 prototype was suppose to be the signal that hybrid diesel was the next big thing. I'm surprised it never really took hold in the consumer market. I think they killed it off in 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread