5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

jrr907

Reaction score
Jimmy07
What about your post earlier concerning the Auto dim and auto high beams need to be enabled in the radio settings for the lin bus circuit at mirror ? Has that been checked

Daverous

Reaction score
I'll recheck my settings. Came factory with auto dim and brights, as well as the lca/adaptive cruise so I assumed I'd be good to go.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if it's a power issue on the camera side.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

jrr907

Reaction score
I hope you find the problem & get this working . Cause, I'm ready to pull the trigger on this mod.

Daverous

Reaction score
@jdmdc5teg06 did you get a picture of your harness at the mirror side? The mirror has a lot more pins than my current harness which may not be a good thing. New bingfu now shows the cable icon. Somethings up.

*edit*Something is a little off, for sure. The digital mirror disables my auto dim button in the radio. Switched back to the old mirror and it functions again. Even the simple doesn't seem to be simple with these new trucks.

Last edited:

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
@jdmdc5teg06 did you get a picture of your harness at the mirror side? The mirror has a lot more pins than my current harness which may not be a good thing. New bingfu now shows the cable icon. Somethings up.

*edit*Something is a little off, for sure. The digital mirror disables my auto dim button in the radio. Switched back to the old mirror and it functions again. Even the simple doesn't seem to be simple with these new trucks.
I never took pictures of the harness while I was installing. And my mirror dim softkey on the 12 inch screen doesn’t work either. I actually noticed it while I was accessing my surround view cameras and noticed it wasn’t on so I tried to turn it on and doesn’t activate it. The mirror does look dimmed though at night when I’m not using the CHMSL camera (which I leave it on most of the time) so it’s not really bothering me but I wonder why the softkey doesn’t let me activate it.

Daverous

Reaction score
Interesting. When your video signal wasn't working did you get the camera icon in the top left or the other one I pictured?

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Interesting. When your video signal wasn't working did you get the camera icon in the top left or the other one I pictured?
I got the first image that you posted. I kept messing with the angle of the cable until I got the image to show up. Some angles it would show up for a brief second and would go away almost immediately and would have to keep messing with the cable until I finally got it to show up for good with that certain angle.

Daverous

Reaction score
Hmm, thanks for that info sir. Sure wish I could figure out what that second icon really is. Thinking it may not be about the fakra in the end.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Hmm, thanks for that info sir. Sure wish I could figure out what that second icon really is. Thinking it may not be about the fakra in the end.
No problem! Now the next big thing I’m looking to adding is the vented front seats to my Rebel as well like you did. Trying to stick with my factory covers but I have never touched or modified seats in my life lol

Daverous

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I thought maybe it was a fakra issue. After three I don't think that's the case. The two that show it ohm out fine so I'm doubtful they're no good. The pins match up as far as my oem three to the new mirror but maybe it's not communicating properly with the linbus system. That would also explain the auto dim soft key dropping out. It may actually need programming in the end.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but the soft key “mirror dimmer” only dims the rear view or it dims the side mirrors as well?

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
I really haven’t noticed if my side mirrors dim at night since I have tints but now that I’m thinking about it, I wonder....

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 you think I have to reprogram the BCM in order to get the dimming feature to work? Like stated above, the soft key doesn’t change to red like if it’s activated. Mirror still works though and so do my other safety features like ACC, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers etc.. except for the dimming mirrors

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 you think I have to reprogram the BCM in order to get the dimming feature to work? Like stated above, the soft key doesn’t change to red like if it’s activated. Mirror still works though and so do my other safety features like ACC, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers etc.. except for the dimming mirrors
You *shouldn’t* have to if your truck already had an auto dim mirror. Can you use AlfaOBD to upload your BCM system ID to google drive and post it here? Also, scan for faults in the BCM so I can see what they are.
@Daverous, can you do the same thing?
I can run both of your BCM logs against a factory equipped 2021 log in WinMerge.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
You *shouldn’t* have to if your truck already had an auto dim mirror. Can you use AlfaOBD to upload your BCM system ID to google drive and post it here? Also, scan for faults in the BCM so I can see what they are.
@Daverous, can you do the same thing?
I can run both of your BCM logs against a factory equipped 2021 log in WinMerge.

I still haven't gotten AlfaOBD yet so I won't be able to upload the BCM. I had returned the OBD reader back when I got it thinking I wasn't going to use it but I just ordered the Bafx and see how it works when I receive it.

Users who are viewing this thread