5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

Daverous

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, @Jimmy07 .I won't be much use on that data dump this week. Laptop died, only have alfaobd on the phone right now. Looks like the local deals aren't great right now either, probably have to go Amazon again.

knightro84

Reaction score
I just ordered the mirror, and my cable from Pasternack is supposed to be delivered next Monday... guess we will see how it goes. I don't have AlfaOBD, but will purchase if I need it to get this working.

Ramjeep

Reaction score
I just ordered the brake light as I hate current red one . I got an error with 3rd party leds. I really hope it’s plug and play for my 2020 Laramie !

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just ordered the brake light as I hate current red one . I got an error with 3rd party leds. I really hope it’s plug and play for my 2020 Laramie !
Keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Daverous

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

All combined. Haven't used winmerg so not sure if you need it broken up. Doesn't explain a thing about my lack or video but does verify auto dim is down.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

All combined. Haven't used winmerg so not sure if you need it broken up. Doesn't explain a thing about my lack or video but does verify auto dim is down.

So I just downloaded AlfaOBD and for now I have the Bafx (waiting for my OBDmx+ To come Sunday). I’ve never used AlfaOBD so how do I upload what you just did? And what are the first steps once I connect the bypass and the obd reader? Sorry I’m a freakin noob lol

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07

The only thing I see that might have to do with the interior mirror fault is this setting-
LIN & Misc: CRVMM Present- YES
On a 2021 equipped with digital rear view mirror, that setting is set to no, so maybe give that a try and see what happens with the faults.

Daverous

Reaction score
It clears the faults but so far no luck with reactivation the dimmer. Cycled about 15 times. I'll leave it put and see what happens.

@jdmdc5teg06
Once you download the pc version you can save your current settings as a word document. It's found under the second tab marked status/faults. On the left side click read system ID. It'll make sense when you get in there.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I just downloaded AlfaOBD and for now I have the Bafx (waiting for my OBDmx+ To come Sunday). I’ve never used AlfaOBD so how do I upload what you just did? And what are the first steps once I connect the bypass and the obd reader? Sorry I’m a freakin noob lol
Also, if it’s the Android version you got, you connect to the BCM, click on the battery icon in the lower right, select read system ID, click on tools up top, select faults and status logs, select body chrysler info, and select upload to google drive.
Whichever version you are using, make sure the list completely populates when you read system ID. Otherwise, when you save/upload the log, it will be “cut off”, or incomplete.

Daverous

Reaction score
I'm interested to see if any of you other gents get this going as the parts come in. I'm not set up to individualy test each component other than basic stuff.

Thinking out loud here, but do these Mopar fakra cameras require additional power input other than their display cable? By that I mean when I look up replacement cameras they seem to be a single cable output. I was considering grabbing a power camera side mirror to play with since at some point I'd like to try the 360 as well. I'm just looking for a way to test further without dropping another 800 bucks on the parts I don't need.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested to see if any of you other gents get this going as the parts come in. I'm not set up to individualy test each component other than basic stuff.

Thinking out loud here, but do these Mopar fakra cameras require additional power input other than their display cable? By that I mean when I look up replacement cameras they seem to be a single cable output. I was considering grabbing a power camera side mirror to play with since at some point I'd like to try the 360 as well. I'm just looking for a way to test further without dropping another 800 bucks on the parts I don't need.
No, they don’t use anything other than coax cable. Fakra is just a generic term for the keyed plastic connector shell on the end of the coax cable, and it’s color has nothing to do with the function of the cable itself.
The surround view system uses digital cameras with coax cable, also, but I doubt the digital mirror display is capable of displaying the image of one of those cameras. Just like the regular digital backup camera is different than the backup camera used with surround view, because the central vision processing module can’t process the image of the regular backup camera.

knightro84

Reaction score
I noticed in Daverous’ post with his vehicle config that there is a line that says “full central vision processing present” is set to no. Assuming this doesn’t matter because the cable that connects the camera to the mirror doesn’t run through the CVPM and that would theoretically only be set to “yes” for trucks with surround view?

EDIT: kind of surprised the Rebel with Level 2 and the safety group doesn’t come with the surround view system.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed in Daverous’ post with his vehicle config that there is a line that says “full central vision processing present” is set to no. Assuming this doesn’t matter because the cable that connects the camera to the mirror doesn’t run through the CVPM and that would theoretically only be set to “yes” for trucks with surround view?

EDIT: kind of surprised the Rebel with Level 2 and the safety group doesn’t come with the surround view system.
Correct, CVPM is only set on vehicles with surround view, or JTs with the integrated front trail cam.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It clears the faults but so far no luck with reactivation the dimmer. Cycled about 15 times. I'll leave it put and see what happens.

@jdmdc5teg06
Once you download the pc version you can save your current settings as a word document. It's found under the second tab marked status/faults. On the left side click read system ID. It'll make sense when you get in there.
I see this setting in your log- CBC Config I/O Usage: RVDM Present- NO
This line item is missing on a 2021 log. I don’t know what it is (rear view digital mirror??). It definitely wouldn’t make sense for it to be a configurable BCM input/output, but check it out. Set it to yes, check faults and operation.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Hit continue. Your 2021 BCM variant isn’t actually supported by AlfaOBD yet, but it will still connect.
Definitely send off the iso so the developer is aware.
By hitting continue, since the BCM isn’t supported yet, would I still be able to change certain things on it like someone would in their ‘19-‘20? And also, would I be able to upload to google so I can show you guys my configurations? Thank you for all your help!!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
By hitting continue, since the BCM isn’t supported yet, would I still be able to change certain things on it like someone would in their ‘19-‘20? And also, would I be able to upload to google so I can show you guys my configurations? Thank you for all your help!!
Yes. Everything is still the same as far as settings, for the most part.

Daverous

Reaction score
Another strike out but didn't read any faults with it enabled. Reluctant to leave it flipped on too long. Dealer "diagnosed" a bad rf hub when I was in today for my tpms system randomly shutting off. I got a brief key left vehicle with it enabled but it's probably related to that. Did cross my mind that perhaps the third brake light was causing the issues. May look into that in the morning but it's probably not related.
I do really appreciate the continued ideas @Jimmy07. Hopefully another 19/20 gets their stuff in soon so I can verify if it's my equipment or not.

Users who are viewing this thread