5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

doolin64

Reaction score
I've probably read this thread from cover to cover 3 times over now. I finally made my choices and have everything mounted up.

No lift / level yet., no ORP. I have Bilsten 5100's in the garage and will be doing rear springs too, just not mounted yet. The tires are 295/70R18s on Fuel Shok -12's. No rubbing forward or reverse. Originally I had Toyo Open Country AT3s on order but they were on national backorder in this size. Went with the Ridge Grapplers and I couldn't be happier!
I wish this was still an offered color when I when I ordered my Ram. Absolutely love it! The bronze looks amazing as well.

st102688

Reaction score
Finally found some time to get everything installed.. Bilstein 5100s set to position 6 (2.2") and 1.5" motofab spacers in the rear. Couldn't be happier with it! (Apologies for the dirty truck this time!)

I'll very likely be swapping the rear spacers for some Tuftruck 1223VT springs which should give me the same 1.5" lift.

Attachments

• 20210729_181517.jpg
    20210729_181517.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 404
  • 20210729_181459.jpg
    20210729_181459.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 20210729_134505.jpg
    20210729_134505.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 401

Doc33

Reaction score
Finally found some time to get everything installed.. Bilstein 5100s set to position 6 (2.2") and 1.5" motofab spacers in the rear. Couldn't be happier with it! (Apologies for the dirty truck this time!)

I'll very likely be swapping the rear spacers for some Tuftruck 1223VT springs which should give me the same 1.5" lift.
Curious if you changed your rear shocks?

st102688

Reaction score
I did not. Right now it's simply 5100's up front and the spring spacers on the rear. I wanted to get a good idea of the stance before going full bore into all of the suspension components on the wish list.

That being said, I seemed to only have realized 1" to 1-1/8" in the rear. I'm fine with the look right now but I cant imagine I'll share the same level of excitement with a trailer hooked up. I think I'm going to order 1/2" rear spacers along with the Tuftruck springs in case I feel that I need a bit more lift. I'll report back once it's done.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe this is unrelated, but maybe a little related. I'm looking for black oem style lug nuts, but I can't seem to find them. It's only just chrome ones. Not looking for anything fancy with locks on them.

So my question...what do you have, and do you like them? I could amazon it, or try some different places, but I would like some real world feedback. Gorilla, an do ones look nice.

Has anybody used veritek ones?

Down the road I can see myself getting some aftermarket wheels and tires, but, for now oem black ones would be fine. Plus I can use them on my charger.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started working on lifting my truck during my lunch break. I feel like I got pretty far into it. I've started to put the struts back in and ran out of time. If I would have had another 30-45 mins I would have completed it! Guess I'll finish the project after work. Pictures coming soon.

Went with the 2" motofab front coil spacers. I hope it leaves a little rake, but if it doesn't I just hope it doesn't lift higher then the front.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s setting a bit so it’s going to look amazing. So far I like the stance and the ride comfort is still amazing. You can tell it’s more stiff but not harsh at all just feels sturdy.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I kept trying to hit the like button more then once. Truck looks sick!!!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Seems like you have a good bit of rake left like you hoped for. Looks good!
Yeah I have about 3/4 of an inch. The parking lot had a bit of a slant on it. I'm about to go to my neighborhood walmart where I do all my measurements at and see where I ended up with numbers.

it was reading fronts around 36-1/4 and the rears were 38-3/4's give or take an 1/8 of an inch.

NHjake98

Reaction score
Maybe this is unrelated, but maybe a little related. I'm looking for black oem style lug nuts, but I can't seem to find them. It's only just chrome ones. Not looking for anything fancy with locks on them.

So my question...what do you have, and do you like them? I could amazon it, or try some different places, but I would like some real world feedback. Gorilla, an do ones look nice.

Has anybody used veritek ones?

Down the road I can see myself getting some aftermarket wheels and tires, but, for now oem black ones would be fine. Plus I can use them on my charger.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I got some Mcgard black lug nuts. Such a better quality metal from the stock ones. I actually had three of the stock lugs nuts strip out on me with the recommended torque.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got some Mcgard black lug nuts. Such a better quality metal from the stock ones. I actually had three of the stock lugs nuts strip out on me with the recommended torque.
It's very funny you say that. Yesterday, I found those nuts on summit racing website, so I took a stab at them. Let see what comes out of those. Thanks for the reply.

austwill

Reaction score
I went with Nitto Terra Grappler G2s 305/55r20 and Vision Manx 2 20x9 +12 offset. Right now there is running when I’ve got the wheel turned all the way left out right. I am planning on leveling but I’m still trying to figure out how I want to do that. I’m leaning toward Bilstein 5100s. 75EFEDCB-251C-49A3-A254-83FF26F26935.jpeg 15EDA708-E041-4BB1-B0CF-1463DF51582A.jpeg CAFFC77C-E00F-4217-BE2B-48BFDECCFDB9.jpeg

alpha_brit

Reaction score
It's very funny you say that. Yesterday, I found those nuts on summit racing website, so I took a stab at them. Let see what comes out of those. Thanks for the reply.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the lugs when you get them on. I ordered them but I am not sure they will fill up the space like the OEM chrome ones, and a little concerned about the seating surface. Won't know until I've got them in hand and thinking you might already have yours to give some feedback.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious to hear your thoughts on the lugs when you get them on. I ordered them but I am not sure they will fill up the space like the OEM chrome ones, and a little concerned about the seating surface. Won't know until I've got them in hand and thinking you might already have yours to give some feedback.
My honest opinion in regards to these gorilla nuts : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-91147BC

Pros
- looks great
- glossy black...perfect for those glossy black rims
-fits perfectly due to acorn shape
- it's pure steel, unlike stock chrome, doesn't have an outer/inner shell

Cons
- stock chrome lugs are wider
- they appear to be shorter than stock. So i worry about threading, but they tighten up nicely
- due to it being just a bit thinner, you can see deeper into the rim

Picture of what it looks like on my wife Jeep Wrangler spare tire. ..and comparison to stock.
2c05f4db3b16334a4f46d4be0f07d711.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

alpha_brit

Reaction score
My honest opinion in regards to these gorilla nuts : https://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-91147BC

Pros
- looks great
- glossy black...perfect for those glossy black rims
-fits perfectly due to acorn shape
- it's pure steel, unlike stock chrome, doesn't have an outer/inner shell

Cons
- stock chrome lugs are wider
- they appear to be shorter than stock. So i worry about threading, but they tighten up nicely
- due to it being just a bit thinner, you can see deeper into the rim

Picture of what it looks like on my wife Jeep Wrangler spare tire. ..and comparison to stock.
2c05f4db3b16334a4f46d4be0f07d711.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

Hmm...definitely not as beefy looking which is disappointing. I hate the chrome lugs on black wheels though, so I guess I'll give them a go. Thank you for responding and for the image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online