5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

joshfishtail

Reaction score
@Morenar here's a few pictures. Sorry for the delay. It's been horrible weather. View attachment 99378 View attachment 99379 View attachment 99380 View attachment 99381

Here's the 285s. W View attachment 99382
Do you have any wheel spacers with your setup, or do the 295's sit flush with your fenders on their own?

I am having a small vibration that i'm hoping a road force balance will fix, but if not may be taking my spacers back off. I have 285's but can't stand having my tires sit recessed in from the fenders.

How are the AT3's for road noise?

Thanks for the info.

doolin64

Reaction score
Do you have any wheel spacers with your setup, or do the 295's sit flush with your fenders on their own?

I am having a small vibration that i'm hoping a road force balance will fix, but if not may be taking my spacers back off. I have 285's but can't stand having my tires sit recessed in from the fenders.

How are the AT3's for road noise?

Thanks for the info.
No spacers. Small amount of rubbing, I have not fixed it yet but its not bad. Road noise is there, slightly more than a BFG all terrain. Put it this way... my wife never complained and does not think it's noisy.

Morenar

Reaction score
No spacers. Small amount of rubbing, I have not fixed it yet but its not bad. Road noise is there, slightly more than a BFG all terrain. Put it this way... my wife never complained and does not think it's noisy.
@doolin64 I assume with the 295's the tire sits a bit closer to the upper control arm? Any clearance issues or rubbing there?

joshfishtail

Reaction score
@doolin64 I assume with the 295's the tire sits a bit closer to the upper control arm? Any clearance issues or rubbing there?
I have the same 22" stock wheels -When I went to get my 285/55r22's put on at the tire shop, the tire was hitting against the UCA when the truck was jacked up and suspension at full droop. They refused to mount the tires and put my old tires back on. I had to go to another shop that was okay dealing with spacers. I have the Rough Country forged UCA's, which may stick out further on the top of the ball joint causing my issue.

Wanted to add in my experience as it seemed relevant.

doolin64

Reaction score
That looks great!
Thank you!
No clearance is for me with the arms. I don't offroad my truck at all. I do have rubbing but it's wheel well on occasion. I do plan to fix, just need some free time.

20210713_153108.jpg

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
e90c9be17764d6ba0c6a78642f82f280.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram5th

Reaction score
Does the tire stick out the side of the truck at all or is it flush? Did you level or add any height in the back?
It’s hard to tell in the picture but it sticks out about 3/4 of an inch, just enough in my opinion. If the tires were 12.50 wide they would stick out a little more but these are about 10.5 wide. Also stock Suspension in the rear . 2F686D46-F275-4D7A-93BE-7FA193003106.jpeg

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Would using a set up front to raise a 3/4” lessen the comfort of the ride?
That would put you just under what the off-road 1 setting does (1" from normal ride height), so you could put it in OR1 and see if that feels less comfortable to you. Most people who use the links end up getting the Daystar spacers to retain stock ride quality.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
It’s hard to tell in the picture but it sticks out about 3/4 of an inch, just enough in my opinion. If the tires were 12.50 wide they would stick out a little more but these are about 10.5 wide. Also stock Suspension in the rear . View attachment 99724
Thank you. for the photo and explanation.

brenan00

Reaction score
That would put you just under what the off-road 1 setting does (1" from normal ride height), so you could put it in OR1 and see if that feels less comfortable to you. Most people who use the links end up getting the Daystar spacers to retain stock ride quality.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread