5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Nice, do you have a shop in particular that’s going to do the install ?

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Installations Unlimited in Syracuse. I have know Scott for years and they do good work. I've bought lots of stuff for my cars and trucks over the years, but I have always done my own work. This will be the first lift they have done for me. They have done the BDS kit on 5 new body Rams, all 6", so I think they are going to a good job.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice, it’s great to work with a shop that you are truly comfortable with. Looking forward to seeing the completed photos.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I tracked down the Fox Front shock, 68323528AB, they are $430 a piece! That seems CRAZY! That will be an additional $860 to add to my $3000 for the kit & install. Since I will have new Fox Shocks in the rear, why not replace the fronts as well so all 4 are new. My only concern is that I don't want the front end higher than the rear. I want level or a slight rake. I have to make a couple calls tomorrow to track down the shocks and tell the installer I want them used. I think with the new Fox Shock it will make the truck level. It looks like that is how it made yours when you went to the BDS kit and used the Fox Shocks. Did you use the additional ring on the front shock, or just the shock and the spring retainer??

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I just spoke to Fox about the coil over option vs the Mopar shock and I was told that the coil over full assembly was a better option with better dampening. The Fox coil over assembly, P/N 985-02-136 Fox 2.0 Performance Series Coil Over IFP Shock is $411 at Amazon and I will shop that around. That is cheaper than just the shock body, $428, in the Mopar 2" lift whci is proprietary to Mopar from Fox. Fox did mention that they will be coming out with just a front shock for the new Ram, similar to the one in the Mopar kit in a couple of months but has been delayed due to the world virus crisis. I have read that the coil over assembly is stiffer than the shock only option and using the factory spring so I guess I will do some more searching. Not sure if anyone has any input on the Fox coil over upgrade for the new Ram 1500, but if you do. I'd love to hear it. The Fox tech did say to be sure to take 1" out of the preload which equals 2" of ride height when I install the BDS kit. But as an added not, I believe that I can use the preload adjustment to then level my ride once the BDS kit is installed. Good information, just wanted to make sure i cover the front shocks while I am getting the BDS lift installed.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Here is the Amazon link. May be worth signing up for the Amazon CC and getting the addition $100 off!

I just need to see some reviews of someone using these bad boys and not saying they are stiff as a lumber wagon!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I just spoke to Fox about the coil over option vs the Mopar shock and I was told that the coil over full assembly was a better option with better dampening. The Fox coil over assembly, P/N 985-02-136 Fox 2.0 Performance Series Coil Over IFP Shock is $411 at Amazon and I will shop that around. That is cheaper than just the shock body, $428, in the Mopar 2" lift whci is proprietary to Mopar from Fox. Fox did mention that they will be coming out with just a front shock for the new Ram, similar to the one in the Mopar kit in a couple of months but has been delayed due to the world virus crisis. I have read that the coil over assembly is stiffer than the shock only option and using the factory spring so I guess I will do some more searching. Not sure if anyone has any input on the Fox coil over upgrade for the new Ram 1500, but if you do. I'd love to hear it. The Fox tech did say to be sure to take 1" out of the preload which equals 2" of ride height when I install the BDS kit. But as an added not, I believe that I can use the preload adjustment to then level my ride once the BDS kit is installed. Good information, just wanted to make sure i cover the front shocks while I am getting the BDS lift installed.
Could you explain what you heard from Fox a little more or message me? I really want to do 2.0 coilovers for the front but I didn’t know they made anything for the 4 inch lift. Are those coilovers you’re mentioning the 2 inch lift ones and then you’ll have to still run a 2 inch spacer on top of it? Or are they actually capable of lifting the truck 4 inches? Also what do you mean they might be coming out with just a shock kit for the front end? Don’t you need coilovers for the front?
Thanks!

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
The Fox 2.0 coilovers are for 0-2" lift. I was told that they come preloaded for 2" and that i would have to back out the nut 1" to eliminate the 2" preload lift since the BDS suspension lift comes with a 4" spacer that goes on top of the strut. The fox tech guy told me that the coilovers would be stiffer than my factory ride for the street and that I would be better off waiting for the release of the front shot/strut instead of going with the complete coilover assembly. The shock alone is supposed to release for $289 each vs the $430 for the one in the mopar kit. So I will install my BDS kit with the factory front shocks until the Fox ones are released in 2 months. The BDS tech guy also told me that he would NOT use the Fox coilovers with the BDS 4" suspension lift as they will be stiffer and BDS does not know the length of them or tested them as thought that I could possible end up with a higher front end than my rear end which I do not want. BDS said their 4" kit was designed around the factory Ram struts and that they offered a Fox shock upgrade for the rear which I am getting.
If you would like to discuss further, PM me and I can give you my cell to talk if you'd like. I have talked to BDS, Fox and Mopar technical guys to make sure what I am chasing does not turn into a lumber wagon if I am dropping $6k on lift and wheels. Been there, done that and it SUCKS! They have had some insightful information, but I really wanted some real world feedback and it doesn't seem that there are many 2019/2020 Ram 1500's on a 4" or 6" BDS kit with the new Fox coilovers.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The Fox 2.0 coilovers are for 0-2" lift. I was told that they come preloaded for 2" and that i would have to back out the nut 1" to eliminate the 2" preload lift since the BDS suspension lift comes with a 4" spacer that goes on top of the strut. The fox tech guy told me that the coilovers would be stiffer than my factory ride for the street and that I would be better off waiting for the release of the front shot/strut instead of going with the complete coilover assembly. The shock alone is supposed to release for $289 each vs the $430 for the one in the mopar kit. So I will install my BDS kit with the factory front shocks until the Fox ones are released in 2 months. The BDS tech guy also told me that he would NOT use the Fox coilovers with the BDS 4" suspension lift as they will be stiffer and BDS does not know the length of them or tested them as thought that I could possible end up with a higher front end than my rear end which I do not want. BDS said their 4" kit was designed around the factory Ram struts and that they offered a Fox shock upgrade for the rear which I am getting.
If you would like to discuss further, PM me and I can give you my cell to talk if you'd like. I have talked to BDS, Fox and Mopar technical guys to make sure what I am chasing does not turn into a lumber wagon if I am dropping $6k on lift and wheels. Been there, done that and it SUCKS! They have had some insightful information, but I really wanted some real world feedback and it doesn't seem that there are many 2019/2020 Ram 1500's on a 4" or 6" BDS kit with the new Fox coilovers.
Man this is awesome to hear! Thanks so much for all the info! I’m definitely going to wait until the new shocks/strut comes out because I only want a softer ride I don’t want it stiffer at all. I want that Cadillac plush ride haha. All 4 shocks for under $1000 seems pretty sweet if it does actually make the ride better! Way better than $2500 for coilovers. I just was hoping to completely get rid of the spacer in front and just run a longer coil/shock, but oh well it is what it is. Thanks again!
Where are you located?

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I’m interested in the BDS 4” lift. Has anyone replaced the front shocks out with maybe the bds or fox? I see the rear comes with options.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
PorBoy is the only one I am aware of that has the 4" BDS kit and has Fox shocks in the front. He used the ones from the Mopar kit is had installed first. The Fox rep said that was a better choice than the Fox coilovers. The Fox guy also said that the spring and the preload adjuster is a 2 to 1 scenario, so 1" of change in thread height on the shock body equates to 2" of ride height. That told me that the springs were pretty stiff.

I guess if we could get some real world feedback on a new Ram 1500 and not a Ford or Chevy, where I have read they are stiff, I'd feel better. In the end, I am holding out for the Fox shock release in 2 months and then I will spend the $289/ea for the shocks and replace my factory front shocks and use my factory springs and retainer to make up the strut assembly.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
I am in Syracuse. I have ridden in 2 Ram 1500's that have the 6" BDS kit in them and they feel exactly like mine without any lift, except they are taller. I was shocked at how nice the ride was compared to lifts I have ridden in before. But the BDS concept makes great sense. They are lowering all the pivot points to keep the factory angles the same, not just adding taller shocks and a-arms, so it makes perfect sense that the rides are really close to factory. I have read some reviews that say they are better than factory. I will see in a couple of weeks and surely provide feedback.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I am in Syracuse. I have ridden in 2 Ram 1500's that have the 6" BDS kit in them and they feel exactly like mine without any lift, except they are taller. I was shocked at how nice the ride was compared to lifts I have ridden in before. But the BDS concept makes great sense. They are lowering all the pivot points to keep the factory angles the same, not just adding taller shocks and a-arms, so it makes perfect sense that the rides are really close to factory. I have read some reviews that say they are better than factory. I will see in a couple of weeks and surely provide feedback.
Thanks man!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Oh dang, ok. I’m in San Diego! My 4” lift drives JUST like stock, except I do feel the tires being a little stiffer. I haven’t ridden in any rams with Fox shocks in the rear though and I’m really curious to see if they ride better or about the same? I have the stock coils in the rear too (with a 2” spacer that actually netted 1.75”) because I didn’t want any rake.

Crushermansam

Reaction score
2019 North Edition
3.5” Ready Lift
Rear /Air Lift Performance Helper Bags
20” Hostile Sprockets on 33” MTs
Rough Country 6” LED Light Bar kit
Did you run just the spacer on top of strut with 3.5”kit or preload spacer
Aswell?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have the offroad package.

I did read a lot about the SST kit and Grapplers before I pulled the trigger. Many people said they didn't notice a difference in the ride. I do notice a difference. It isn't bad (a lot better than my 2018 GMC Sierra was), but definitely not nearly as smooth as stock suspension with stock tires.
Are you sure you don’t have the off road package? The stickers on your bed sides indicate otherwise. Unless you added them yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread