5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

RamLife

Reaction score
Maybe they are talking about quality of the parts. I don't have anything to compare them to, so I can't say whether they are junk or not. They seem ok to me and the shop I used seem to know what they were doing. BDS parts might be higher quality, but I'm not off roading my truck, so Im sure RC will hold forever.
I

RamLife

Reaction score
I’m not an off-roader either I’m just going for looks without compromising Ride.

jwilliams

Reaction score
Here is my truck, Bighorn with Toyo Open Country RT's, Rear air bags and front Rough Country 2" Leveling struts. Ride is a bit stiffer than stock, but not bad at all.

Attachments

• 2 inch front lift.jpg
    2 inch front lift.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 458

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you have it installed all at once, or were you able to experience the ride of those Toyo RT on their own ?

jwilliams

Reaction score
Did you have it installed all at once, or were you able to experience the ride of those Toyo RT on their own ?
I had the tires for about a year before the lift. They are a bit noisy and the ride is a little bit rougher. But the look awesome!

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
Alright I’ve read every page of this and now I am asking for some help as a new guy on the boards. I have a 2020 rebel in black (no air suspension) that I got right before COVID 19. I finally got approval from the boss (the wife) for some mods.

I want to level/lift and add bigger tires. I’m looking to go with the ridge grapplers on stock wheels (I like them plus save a little $) in either the 35x12.50, 295/70 or 285/75. Ideally I’d go with the 35x12.50 but I’m worried about rubbing plus I think they go past the rule of thumb where the tire should not be over 4” wider than the wheel although I have seen people running with this setup on rebel wheels.

For the level/lift is where I am really having the hard time since I have a rebel. 6” is too big for me personally although there are trucks on here that look awesome with it. So that limits me to readylift 2” level, motofab 2.5”, motofab 2.5” with 1” rear, or the readylift 3.5”. I plan to do UCAs with whatever choice. I am ok with a little rake still since I may be towing a camper in the near future.

I cannot seem to find any good comparison pictures to see what each lift really brings. Some pictures make the 2” or 2.5” look like a beast (aka perfect) while others just look slightly bigger and I think I might be disappointed that I went too small. Somewhat the same for the 3.5” where so pictures look like it’s a 6” lift while others look just perfect and some say addding a 3.5” to the ORG or rebel is really then a 4.5” lift. I also do not want my joints to have too much stress.

Any help is greatly appreciated including any pictures of stock trucks next to level/lifted or some type of object to gauge how much lift was achieved before and after.

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
2020 Rebel Blacked-out
ReadyLIFT 3.5 Lift Kit
Nitto 35x12.50r20 Ridge Grappler
Fuel Vapor D569
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Go Rhino - 6' Dominator D6 Black Running Boards
Looks great! Do you happen to have any additional side photos. Just trying to guage how much the lift changed the truck from normal stance. Any issues with the angles?

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Alright I’ve read every page of this and now I am asking for some help as a new guy on the boards. I have a 2020 rebel in black (no air suspension) that I got right before COVID 19. I finally got approval from the boss (the wife) for some mods.

I want to level/lift and add bigger tires. I’m looking to go with the ridge grapplers on stock wheels (I like them plus save a little $) in either the 35x12.50, 295/70 or 285/75. Ideally I’d go with the 35x12.50 but I’m worried about rubbing plus I think they go past the rule of thumb where the tire should not be over 4” wider than the wheel although I have seen people running with this setup on rebel wheels.

For the level/lift is where I am really having the hard time since I have a rebel. 6” is too big for me personally although there are trucks on here that look awesome with it. So that limits me to readylift 2” level, motofab 2.5”, motofab 2.5” with 1” rear, or the readylift 3.5”. I plan to do UCAs with whatever choice. I am ok with a little rake still since I may be towing a camper in the near future.

I cannot seem to find any good comparison pictures to see what each lift really brings. Some pictures make the 2” or 2.5” look like a beast (aka perfect) while others just look slightly bigger and I think I might be disappointed that I went too small. Somewhat the same for the 3.5” where so pictures look like it’s a 6” lift while others look just perfect and some say addding a 3.5” to the ORG or rebel is really then a 4.5” lift. I also do not want my joints to have too much stress.

Any help is greatly appreciated including any pictures of stock trucks next to level/lifted or some type of object to gauge how much lift was achieved before and after.

The stock rims will really limit you as the offset is +19mm which I've heard limits you to a 11.5" wide tire or the use of wheel spacers.
I went with the ReafyLift 3.5" kit but only used the front strut extension and Upper Control Arms from the kit as I have the off-road package. Fits 35x12.50 on 20x9 +1mm rims nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_20200606_113713.jpg
    IMG_20200606_113713.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 441

dirtfreak20

Reaction score
The stock rims will really limit you as the offset is +19mm which I've heard limits you to a 11.5" wide tire or the use of wheel spacers.
I went with the ReafyLift 3.5" kit but only used the front strut extension and Upper Control Arms from the kit as I have the off-road package. Fits 35x12.50 on 20x9 +1mm rims nicely.
Thanks for the tips! So basically you excluded the preload spacer. Since you excluded that did you see a true 2” lift that readylift says you should see. Also did you put the rear spacer on? It doesn’t look like you have much rake, truck looks great!! I starting to lean more towards a motofab 2.5 and 1.5 rear spacer which would leave me with about an inch rake.

Mal

Reaction score
Oh, and I washed the truck so here's a clean pic with the new shoes.
IMG_4083-XL.jpg
Bro I have the same truck same color lol. Im
Thinking to change the wheels and tires for the same you have but with toyos at3. Also i change the suspension for the falcons and leved it. Those tires combo 295 70 , how do you feel them? So the truck feels different? I still have the stock rims and duratracs but they a bit noisy

NJC1684

Reaction score

Will need to go w/ a 35x11.50 & not the 12.50.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a stock suspension question. I know the ram rebel has bilstein shocks...but im curious about the type of "heavy duty" shocks on the" off road" package on the non rebel rams. Also, is the height of the off road package the same as the rebel?

Used to own a Ram 1500, Current owner of a Dodge Charger scat pack

Jason2020

Reaction score
Hey, first person I've seen with the same wheels as me. They look great in black, and great on your truck. Your 37s really fill out the wheel well too.
62fe80202b0e15c27406bbb10b161e19.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks man, they look great on yours too! The "37s" aren't really 37s. They really measure 35.5".... learned the hard way when I went to recalibrate the speedometer haha

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Thanks man, they look great on yours too! The "37s" aren't really 37s. They really measure 35.5".... learned the hard way when I went to recalibrate the speedometer haha
Wow, how the heck does that work? Did they get stretched down by the width of the wheel or something?

NH_Ram

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! So basically you excluded the preload spacer. Since you excluded that did you see a true 2” lift that readylift says you should see. Also did you put the rear spacer on? It doesn’t look like you have much rake, truck looks great!! I starting to lean more towards a motofab 2.5 and 1.5 rear spacer which would leave me with about an inch rake.
Left out spacers, didnt touch the rear at all. Front was lifted 1.5" exactly. I'd like to add a 1" spacer to the rear as I tow a lot but with the Weight Distribution hitch, I can avoid too much squat.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Weight of the truck. Mine are 34.3" off the truck and 33" on the truck.
Ok, yes, the tire is going to compress near the contact patch and shorten the edge to edge measurement. But that shouldn't have any (or only marginal) effect on the speedo. Circumference of the tire would still be the same. I am betting this is more of an issue of advertised size versus actual size. Especially considering it is a full 1.5 inch off. It looks like he has Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.5R20, which list 36.77 inches as actual size.

Users who are viewing this thread