5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“2020” Price Negotiated From MSRP

Cravenfan

Reaction score
This is a duplicate post, on this sort of duplicate thread, but if there are more 2020 eye balls on this one...

First post...Looking at picking up a brand new 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Black Out Edition (ya, it is really called the "Black Appearance Package," but Black Out sounds way better!). I'm getting about a 17% discount from MSRP to Sale Price, which for this version, limited inventory, etc. I think seems decent. Literally every option, except the Protection Group, which I'll have them bolt on. Competitively working with 3 Ram dealers, 4th including GMC, as the other item I was using to compare was the 2020 CarbonPro Sierra Denali. Also trying to effectively gauge my 2015 Sierra Denali's trade in value, etc.

I've seen on this thread greater %'s, especially on the leftover 2019's...but any thoughts on 17% off the 2020's?

MSRP = $71,750
Employee Pricing Rebate = -$9,333
Rebate (unclear) = -$2,000
Conquest Cash Rebate = $1,000
Sale Price = $60,417

I'm amazed as a "GM guy" how far the Ram has come from when I rode in my Dad's 10 years, or more ago, with the huge chrome grill and bumpers. I plan on a full breakdown of the differences that brought me over here, once I pull the trigger on this Black Out Edition. (C'mon Ram marketing people, gotta have a better name!)

Thanks!

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
So I haven’t seen that they are quoting “Employee Pricing“ on 2020 models, only 2019 models. When you go to the “Ram Trucks” website, it says for all 2019’s. However, with that said you should know that Employee Pricing also comes with the advertised incentives on top. I am attaching an order sheet (which I haven’t pulled the trigger yet) that I had a dealer (Koons) build for me with what sounds like what you have in mind. Mine came out to be $69,950 and yours is $71,750. Be careful here too as some dealers inflate the MSRP with add-ons! Build the truck you want on Ram Trucks website and see the MSRP for yourself. The Destination charge of $1,695 should be included in the MSRP. But look at the “EP“ line (Employe Pricing) and you will see $60,998. Then you take off incentives from that number. Right now the incentive off a 2020 Limited is $2,000 plus any Rebates you also qualify for. But I would ask them straight up if they are really giving you EP on a 2020. Then you will know where you are negotiating from. Good Luck!

Attachments

• 7DEB15B9-FA0B-49E3-AF2A-7117396C3125.png
    7DEB15B9-FA0B-49E3-AF2A-7117396C3125.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 72

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Employee Pricing on 2020's will happen after 11/26...that's when I need to wait on mine...grrr.

tpetty

Reaction score
I got 17-18% off MSRP on the Longhorn that I ordered. I think that is pretty good for a custom ordered vehicle that is exactly what you want.

There may be better deals to be had the last couple weeks of November - on in stock trucks - but that likely isn't going to do you any good on ordering one. Rebates applied are typically what is available when you actually purchase/receive the truck - not when you order it. (There are rare exceptions posted here, with a dealer guaranteeing the better of the rebates, but that isn't the norm.)

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Just curious who gave you that nugget of great information? Thanks!

I'm in process of trying to buy one, I won't name the dealer, but in our discussions on price, he quoted me decent pricing...I then asked him if I could pick it up this Saturday and he said we'd have to wait until after 11/26 to sign the papers.

Ram4141

Reaction score
I just got my '19 2 months ago at a dealer in Chantilly Va. Sticker on my '19 was 59400.00. Discounted to 48519.00 then dropped discount more to make the deal happen. My OTD price was 47600(taxes/tags/proc. fee incl.) before me putting any money down. I looked a long time and felt I got a smoking deal!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191116-101851_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20191116-101851_Gmail.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20191116-101851_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20191116-101851_Gmail.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 55

Cravenfan

Reaction score
I'm in process of trying to buy one, I won't name the dealer, but in our discussions on price, he quoted me decent pricing...I then asked him if I could pick it up this Saturday and he said we'd have to wait until after 11/26 to sign the papers.

As an update, this dealer may have instead run out of its incentives, as a smaller dealer. I’ve committed to buy from a different dealer who didn’t have to wait for more incentives to come in. So, I’m not sure about the 2020’s being discounted this early.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
This is a duplicate post, on this sort of duplicate thread, but if there are more 2020 eye balls on this one...

First post...Looking at picking up a brand new 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Black Out Edition (ya, it is really called the "Black Appearance Package," but Black Out sounds way better!). I'm getting about a 17% discount from MSRP to Sale Price, which for this version, limited inventory, etc. I think seems decent. Literally every option, except the Protection Group, which I'll have them bolt on. Competitively working with 3 Ram dealers, 4th including GMC, as the other item I was using to compare was the 2020 CarbonPro Sierra Denali. Also trying to effectively gauge my 2015 Sierra Denali's trade in value, etc.

I've seen on this thread greater %'s, especially on the leftover 2019's...but any thoughts on 17% off the 2020's?

MSRP = $71,750
Employee Pricing Rebate = -$9,333
Rebate (unclear) = -$2,000
Conquest Cash Rebate = $1,000
Sale Price = $60,417

I'm amazed as a "GM guy" how far the Ram has come from when I rode in my Dad's 10 years, or more ago, with the huge chrome grill and bumpers. I plan on a full breakdown of the differences that brought me over here, once I pull the trigger on this Black Out Edition. (C'mon Ram marketing people, gotta have a better name!)

Thanks!
Better look at the resale on these trucks before you buy. 1 yr old limiteds are on lots for low 30s asking price. That's a 45% hit in less than a year in some cases. Take a peek at the recall threads also.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Better look at the resale on these trucks before you buy. 1 yr old limiteds are on lots for low 30s asking price. That's a 45% hit in less than a year in some cases. Take a peek at the recall threads also.

I understand...I'm committed now...pick up a new one on Tuesday night. I'll worry about the resale value in 5-6 years.

DraKhen99

Reaction score

I just checked mine... trade-in value (KBB) is roughly $45,000. (MSRP was $70,000 and IIRC, I paid $60,000 for it) I wonder how many miles were on the ones you've seen for low 30s prices? You also have to not only look at the MSRP, but discount it by 15% or so on average, in order to suss out what an individual probably paid for the truck when new. If you only look at trade-in versus MSRP, it's going to show a significant loss that in the majority of cases is not accurate. For instance, on my Limited, a drop from $70k to $45k is about 35%, but the drop from $60k to $45k is only 25%.

The RAM so far seems to hold its value slightly worse than the F-150, but still well above the national average for used automobiles.

-John

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My only concern would be a total loss, but thats what the gap coverage is meant for.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I just checked mine... trade-in value (KBB) is roughly $45,000. (MSRP was $70,000 and IIRC, I paid $60,000 for it) I wonder how many miles were on the ones you've seen for low 30s prices? You also have to not only look at the MSRP, but discount it by 15% or so on average, in order to suss out what an individual probably paid for the truck when new. If you only look at trade-in versus MSRP, it's going to show a significant loss that in the majority of cases is not accurate. For instance, on my Limited, a drop from $70k to $45k is about 35%, but the drop from $60k to $45k is only 25%.

The RAM so far seems to hold its value slightly worse than the F-150, but still well above the national average for used automobiles.

-John
They were on carguru and FB marketplace. 9K to just under 20K if I recall.

zfz380122903

Reaction score
Employee Pricing on 2020's will happen after 11/26...that's when I need to wait on mine...grrr.

Can we get ep discount and dealer discount at the same time?
Say ep gives 6k off, can I expect a 8k dealer discount and ask 14k off in total?

NHjake98

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Ram Rebel 12 when my local dealer was having a sale and got 25% of list witch come out to be a discount of almost $15,000. List price was just below $62K and I got it for $45K. I was happy with that deal!!

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Ram Rebel 12 when my local dealer was having a sale and got 25% of list witch come out to be a discount of almost $15,000. List price was just below $62K and I got it for $45K. I was happy with that deal!!
That's $17,000.00 discount or 28%.

jcwarren217

Reaction score
Yes. Seems all discounts are stackable.

Has anyone been able to confirm if Chrysler Affiliate (1% under invoice / FFP) can be stacked with the EP pricing currently running? I visited one dealer that said they couldn't be combined. I am hoping to get to another couple dealers in the area to see if they can offer both.

I have Chrysler Affiliate and was a little disappointed that I could get no further discount with this month's incentives. I was ready to move on a truck but the EP pricing is a lot less lucrative without being able to use my other incentives (ie Affiliate and Costco).

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to confirm if Chrysler Affiliate (1% under invoice / FFP) can be stacked with the EP pricing currently running? I visited one dealer that said they couldn't be combined. I am hoping to get to another couple dealers in the area to see if they can offer both.

I have Chrysler Affiliate and was a little disappointed that I could get no further discount with this month's incentives. I was ready to move on a truck but the EP pricing is a lot less lucrative without being able to use my other incentives (ie Affiliate and Costco).
If employee pricing is 3-5% under invoice how would you use 1% under invoice pricing?

Users who are viewing this thread