5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“2020” Price Negotiated From MSRP

Pepper

Reaction score
23% off MSRP on a 2020? Hmmm...This is 2019 model year pricing...not to dispute it, but it would be the far and away deepest discount seen on this forum on a 2020, congratulations.
Take a look at the ads, prove it to yourself. They are the lowest prices in the DFW area for sure. But I jumped all over my deal.

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Take a look at the ads, prove it to yourself. They are the lowest prices in the DFW area for sure. But I jumped all over my deal.

Ya, just saw the website link...that's incredible. Also, I like their front dealer plate!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
MSRP: $70,465
Paid: $54,498
Trade: 2018 F-150 Black Widow
Added after sale price: Retrax Pro MX Tonneau Cover ($1600), Floor Mats ($250).

Here is a link to the dealer with some more deals if anyone is looking or interested. Obviously they have a great deal more but just a quick post.
Full disclosure, No affiliation, don't work for them, I am not in the car business, I was not in any way asked or paid to endorse or mention. I own an oil and gas drilling and consulting company.

Black - https://www.rockwalldodge.com/inven...d-four-wheel-drive-crew-cab-1c6srfht2ln145491
White - https://www.rockwalldodge.com/inven...d-four-wheel-drive-crew-cab-1c6srfht1ln190924
I clicked on the "white" one, those are great prices from the dealer and not full of fake discounts. It specifically states 2020 so, take it for what it's worth...

Pepper

Reaction score
I clicked on the "white" one, those are great prices from the dealer and not full of fake discounts. It specifically states 2020 so, take it for what it's worth...
I know what you mean. I can attest to the fact it wasn't bait and switch or a lie. I got my truck at the advertised price. No "oh sorry, that was a mistake" bs. Like I said I'm not associated in any way, just called and confirmed the truck was there and for them to pull it out front for me. Bought it then and there. First RAM ever and it destroys the ride I had in the F-150 Limited. And my wife loves the way it lowers itself on entry/exit as she is 5'3". Technology, storage, options and price no-one is even in the same conversation with RAM.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thats great. Unless those were “loss leaders”, if that dealer has more, we should be directing business their way. My fav’ dealer here in NC better wake up, a SW airlines plane fare to Dallas from Raleigh isn’t that much... :unsure:

Pepper

Reaction score
Thats great. Unless those were “loss leaders”, if that dealer has more, we should be directing business their way. My fav’ dealer here in NC better wake up, a SW airlines plane fare to Dallas from Raleigh isn’t that much... :unsure:
I got shipping quotes for a friend of mine in Virginia. Dallas to Eastern Virginia $640 door to door.

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi - Limited - Black/Black - Ram Box - Multi Function Tailgate - Dual Panel Sunroof - 33 gallon fuel tank - 22" wheels - Ltd Level 1 Group - BUG

MSRP: $70,465
Paid: $54,498
Trade: 2018 F-150 Black Widow
Added after sale price: Retrax Pro MX Tonneau Cover ($1600), Floor Mats ($250).

Here is a link to the dealer with some more deals if anyone is looking or interested. Obviously they have a great deal more but just a quick post.
Full disclosure, No affiliation, don't work for them, I am not in the car business, I was not in any way asked or paid to endorse or mention. I own an oil and gas drilling and consulting company.

Black - https://www.rockwalldodge.com/inven...d-four-wheel-drive-crew-cab-1c6srfht2ln145491
White - https://www.rockwalldodge.com/inven...d-four-wheel-drive-crew-cab-1c6srfht1ln190924

First of all congratulations! Now I'm just curious, was the $54,498 before the trade in, dest fee, tax/tags/proc fee? The 56k they are listing the Limited models for is the best price I have seen even w/o destination.

Pepper

Reaction score
First of all congratulations! Now I'm just curious, was the $54,498 before the trade in, dest fee, tax/tags/proc fee? The 56k they are listing the Limited models for is the best price I have seen even w/o destination.

1. Yes. $54,498 included destination. They had bigger discounts for Black Friday which ended on Dec. 2. They were doing $6300-$6900 dealer discounts when I bought mine. Closed the deal at 9pm Dec. 2nd. I have seen dealers discount $11K-$12,500 everywhere within 300 miles here and one or two around $13+K range but a $16,000 discount I felt like I stole the truck.
2. I got commercial financing from Chrysler Credit, 72 months @ 4.99% with $0 down. Financing got me for Lux Protection, GAP and some kind of road hazard protection with windshield replacement, tire replacements, etc. with $0 deductible. So they made a little money on the backside of the deal and with my trade.
3. I traded a 2018 F-150 Black Widow with a 6" lift kit and a bunch more goodies on the truck. Exhaust, Bedliner, CAI, 35" Nitto's, 22x12 Fuel Assault Wheels, Raptor Hood, etc. So they only gave me bookout for the truck and nothing else but I felt like they were more than fair with their pricing so I closed the deal in 2 hours and drove home.

My deal breaks down like this: $70,465 (MSRP) - $15,967 (Employee Pricing + Dealer Discount) = $54,498 (Adjusted Selling Price)
$54,498 + Tonneau Cover & Floor mats - Trade Allowance + Doc Fee + Tax + Non Tax Fees / Title, Registration, etc. = Net Price + Trade Payoff = Final Out The Door Price.

Last edited:

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
1. Yes. $54,498 included destination. They had bigger discounts for Black Friday which ended on Dec. 2. They were doing $6300-$6900 dealer discounts when I bought mine. Closed the deal at 9pm Dec. 2nd. I have seen dealers discount $11K-$12,500 everywhere within 300 miles here and one or two around $13+K range but a $16,000 discount I felt like I stole the truck.
2. I got commercial financing from Chrysler Credit, 72 months @ 4.99% with $0 down. Financing got me for Lux Protection, GAP and some kind of road hazard protection with windshield replacement, tire replacements, etc. with $0 deductible. So they made a little money on the backside of the deal and with my trade.
3. I traded a 2018 F-150 Black Widow with a 6" lift kit and a bunch more goodies on the truck. Exhaust, Bedliner, CAI, 35" Nitto's, 22x12 Fuel Assault Wheels, Raptor Hood, etc. So they only gave me bookout for the truck and nothing else but I felt like they were more than fair with their pricing so I closed the deal in 2 hours and drove home.

My deal breaks down like this: $70,465 (MSRP) - $15,967 (Employee Pricing + Dealer Discount) = $54,498 (Adjusted Selling Price)
$54,498 + Tonneau Cover & Floor mats - Trade Allowance + Doc Fee + Tax + Non Tax Fees / Title, Registration, etc. = Net Price + Trade Payoff = Final Out The Door Price.

Excellent break down and thank you for sharing. You are my nomination for smart shopper of the year my friend. I actually paid up for gap coverage on my current truck based on my history of wrecking everything I ever owned and of course, 5 years later my truck is paid off and it's still in mint condition (figures)! Getting it thrown in with addt. coverage was a shrewd move.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
It helped that they probably felt his trade was excellent resale material. All in all he did great!

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
It helped that they probably felt his trade was excellent resale material. All in all he did great!
If you dig into their discount disclaimer you can see they're stacking the $250 manufacturer to dealer coupons on these trucks. They only get so many coupons each month and once they're gone...they're gone. They get the coupons based on the previous month's sales figures. Still, a smoking deal for sure, but they can't do that for many trucks each month.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If you dig into their discount disclaimer you can see they're stacking the $250 manufacturer to dealer coupons on these trucks. They only get so many coupons each month and once they're gone...they're gone. They get the coupons based on the previous month's sales figures. Still, a smoking deal for sure, but they can't do that for many trucks each month.
Good detective work on that.
Since I never really put that much effort into getting the lowest price, it's interesting to see how the "sharp pencils" here get it done.

r6lifestyle

Reaction score
I just purchased my 2020 Ram a few weeks ago. This is when they had several rebates for the end of the year pricing.

I purchased a Laramie Night edition 4X4 in white Hemi W/ Etorque
Level 2 equipment group
12" screen
Floor mats
Trailer Brake
3.92 gears
33 gal Tank

It also came with an aftermarket GPS tracker which drove the cost up slightly
I qualified with most of the incentives and was able to negotiate to $46.5K before taxes and fees
Stickers for just over 60K and bought in CA.

flyerc172

Reaction score
After watching in December all YouTube videos about the New 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, I took the chance and bought 2019-12-23 my dream truck and sold my BMW X5 the next day ... this RAM is my very first truck and just a dream ... the truck was built in June 19 exactly on my wives birthday ... so I have a good reminder to get not in trouble ;)

The great thing was ... I called the Dealership ... asked for a cash price and bought the truck the next day ... Sticker price for this great equipped RAM was 69.5k and I payed 55k ... there was no more room for negotiation then the 200$ doc fee ... and I am still happy ... it was the end of the year what helped me a lot with this good price.

Ohh ... I lost an other 2.5k because I did not own a truck from an other brand .. was not in the army aso...

I got the Multi Function Tailgate but not the RAM BOX System what I miss, but was not available for the 2019 with the MFT. A liner protector carpet was added and I have to choose the right tonneau cover because of the MFT ...

... just a dream ...

Attachments

• 20200107_165647.jpg
    20200107_165647.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200108_002634.jpg
    20200108_002634.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200101_201933a.jpg
    20200101_201933a.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After watching in December all YouTube videos about the New 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, I took the chance and bought 2019-12-23 my dream truck and sold my BMW X5 the next day ... this RAM is my very first truck and just a dream ... the truck was built in June 19 exactly on my wives birthday ... so I have a good reminder to get not in trouble ;)

The great thing was ... I called the Dealership ... asked for a cash price and bought the truck the next day ... Sticker price for this great equipped RAM was 69.5k and I payed 55k ... there was no more room for negotiation then the 200$ doc fee ... and I am still happy ... it was the end of the year what helped me a lot with this good price.

Ohh ... I lost an other 2.5k because I did not own a truck from an other brand .. was not in the army aso...

I got the MFG but not the RAM BOX System what I miss, but was not avalible for the 2019 with the MFG. A liner protector carpet was added and I have to choose the right tonneau cover because of the MTG ...

... just a dream ...
You will enjoy...Been driving mine for over a year, 25K miles and no issues. I find it very relaxing after a long day.

LBTRS

Reaction score
How is this deal? I've worked this out via email and going tomorrow to pick up the truck. I remember last year they were offering huge discounts on this truck so want to make sure I'm getting a good deal.

2020 Limited CrewCab 4x4 in Ivory Pearl coat. Standard 5.7L. Almost every option.

MSRP: $69,460
My price: $55,175 ($14,285 discounted)

Users who are viewing this thread