5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless CarPlay Dongle

familyman

Reaction score
Bought mine 4/27.... still not here. Emailed June 4th and they said give it another 10-15 business days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsday75

Reaction score
Bought mine 4/27.... still not here. Emailed June 4th and they said give it another 10-15 business days

I bought mine 04/26. Still not here. Been sitting at a “shipping partner facility” since 06/15. Took 2 weeks to get there after clearing customs.
I have gotten emails from them blaming a robbed FedEx truck??????, COVID, riots, the fact the sun is shining.....

Last email,they said 3 more weeks. But their tracking shows at the mysterious shipping partner facility in California.
Also, oddly enough the tracking always seems to update only when I email asking for an update.

So, I did a dispute with AmEx.
Maybe a bit of pressure will help them get their shipping act together.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I did the newest update on mine this morning and I think it may actually have fixed it... I will know better when I go out for a drive but that may be tomorrow morning.
Glad to hear. Keep us posted.

Regarding your earlier post showing the yellow exclamation point on wifi. That’s normal.
The reason you see this is because you are connecting to a device that does not provide internet access. So you can ignore that error.

brdima

Reaction score
once iOS14 beta launches, hoping someone will test it and report back here.

familyman

Reaction score
I bought mine 04/26. Still not here. Been sitting at a “shipping partner facility” since 06/15. Took 2 weeks to get there after clearing customs.
I have gotten emails from them blaming a robbed FedEx truck??????, COVID, riots, the fact the sun is shining.....

Last email,they said 3 more weeks. But their tracking shows at the mysterious shipping partner facility in California.
Also, oddly enough the tracking always seems to update only when I email asking for an update.

So, I did a dispute with AmEx.
Maybe a bit of pressure will help them get their shipping act together.

Yeesh. Yeah, mine was blamed on air shipping issues, which I laughed at since it came via boat. Still just states cleared customs. Maybe I should dispute it as well.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Glad to hear. Keep us posted.

Regarding your earlier post showing the yellow exclamation point on wifi. That’s normal.
The reason you see this is because you are connecting to a device that does not provide internet access. So you can ignore that error.
Mine definitely worked a million times better this morning. It actually was perfect.
I’m glad I wasn’t crazy. My initial requests with their customer service was that I thought it needed some kind of update to fix the issue but it was up to date with the most current software. I am happy to say that it was pretty much flawless on my 20 minute drive this morning.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine definitely worked a million times better this morning. It actually was perfect.
I’m glad I wasn’t crazy. My initial requests with their customer service was that I thought it needed some kind of update to fix the issue but it was up to date with the most current software. I am happy to say that it was pretty much flawless on my 20 minute drive this morning.
Awesome to hear my friend! Who ever doesn't have one of these yet that has an iPhone...you really need to reconsider. My next Group Buy will be starting mid-week. If you want one, and have yet to PM me, do so so that I can get a count. I make absolutely nothing on these and I had to pay full price for mine too. Just helping out a bunch of friends on a forum :D

Saints

Reaction score

I ordered mine 4/18 and never received it.
Filed a dispute with Chase.

rsday75

Reaction score
Once the dispute with AmEx is settled, I may try the competitor. WirelessCopilot.
shipping is 3-5 days by DHL, and NZ based support.
Would try the group buy, but so far the 2 months and no product has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
once iOS14 beta launches, hoping someone will test it and report back here.
Happy to report that iOS 14 beta 1 works flawlessly with the dongle so far.
Actually, pretty friggin stable for a first beta on both iOS and iPadOS.

I’ll keep y’all posted as the betas progress.

Cheers,

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Happy to report that iOS 14 beta 1 works flawlessly with the dongle so far.
Actually, pretty friggin stable for a first beta on both iOS and iPadOS.
AWESOME to hear...I am excited about 14 but not going to beta. It's my work phone too and I can't take any chances as my IT team will not support beta software.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Once the dispute with AmEx is settled, I may try the competitor. WirelessCopilot.
shipping is 3-5 days by DHL, and NZ based support.
Would try the group buy, but so far the 2 months and no product has left a bad taste in my mouth.
I hear you my friend. The issue, at this point, really has nothing to do with the company but the shipping agent they are using. Not a good situation regardless, but the product is excellent and if you order on the Group Buy and get it in a week...when the other unit comes in (assuming that it does :) ) you can sell it to another forum member at your cost to help them out since I doubt you'll want two. Let me know and I can add you to my Group Buy coming up this week. The other product is $169 and this is $111.97...totally your call.

ronnoc

Reaction score
Ordered mine on May 14th. Finally appears to be though customs but still somewhere in CA and hasn't made it's way to USPS yet.
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item, Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 11:45 am on June 21, 2020 in BRISBANE, CA 94005. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
If I get it soon enough I will be sure to test it with a device I already have running the iOS 14 developer beta.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered mine on May 14th. Finally appears to be though customs but still somewhere in CA and hasn't made it's way to USPS yet.

If I get it soon enough I will be sure to test it with a device I already have running the iOS 14 developer beta.
I ordered April 29th. I received confirmation today that it's reached DesMoines, Iowa. So...I'm guessing it should reach me in the next week here in Texas.

familyman

Reaction score
Got the same usps confirmation myself

stevestrike

Reaction score
Preliminary report, iOS 14 (beta) works fine with this wireless adapter.
Although on the first try, there was no audio.

Later that afternoon, I removed the connection and reconnected it and it worked fine. I have not tested it more than a few moments, but it doesn't seem to be any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread