5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the warranty be voided on my airbags if I lift my 2020 1500?

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 limited with air bags. I’m thinking about lifting it, but not sure if that’s a great idea because I don’t want to void the warranty on the airbags. If anyone has any info that could sway my mind, please help. Last thing I wanna do is lift my truck and the air bags have issues. Thanks for any responses, Parker

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 limited with air bags. I’m thinking about lifting it, but not sure if that’s a great idea because I don’t want to void the warranty on the airbags. If anyone has any info that could sway my mind, please help. Last thing I wanna do is lift my truck and the air bags have issues. Thanks for any responses, Parker
You will "void" the warranty on the suspension, but nothing else. If you have issues, they will 100% blame it on your modification and that's a fact!

Carter_Birch

Reaction score
If lifted with BDS they will not void a suspension warranty. And if the dealer doesn’t want to cover anything BDS has lawyers that will fight it for you.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If lifted with BDS they will not void a suspension warranty. And if the dealer doesn’t want to cover anything BDS has lawyers that will fight it for you.
That's my point...it will get denied and then the lawyers come running! Most folks don't want to have to deal with that and either don't have the time or money to fight city hall.

Reaction score
I was looking into the BDS. I’m not sure how BDS would be able to prove there product wasn’t at fault.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was looking into the BDS. I’m not sure how BDS would be able to prove there product wasn’t at fault.
Everything has its risk my friend. The dealer, and FCA, will fight you and you have to be willing to stand your ground and invest a **** load of time and energy to make your point. For me...not worth the headache , but that's just me;) I focus my mods on things I don't have to worry about.

Carter_Birch

Reaction score
https://bds-suspension.com/about#fpp click federal motor vehicle safety standard tab. This is what I found. I had a 6” bds on my last truck. A 2012 f150 basically they stay within the guidelines and specs. Only difference is the drop brackets for the lower control arme. All cv axles are still at spec angles. All of this was explained to me by custom offsets when I had them install it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
https://bds-suspension.com/about#fpp click federal motor vehicle safety standard tab. This is what I found. I had a 6” bds on my last truck. A 2012 f150 basically they stay within the guidelines and specs. Only difference is the drop brackets for the lower control arme. All cv axles are still at spec angles. All of this was explained to me by custom offsets when I had them install it.
You have an air suspension truck?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
use AlphaOBD and set the calibrations higher. you can raise it 2+" in normal and still use the even higher heights.

Just have your alignment checked after.

smkt404

Reaction score
use AlphaOBD and set the calibrations higher. you can raise it 2+" in normal and still use the even higher heights.

Just have your alignment checked after.
Will be a rougher ride though

Users who are viewing this thread