5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jake_eizy

Reaction score
I did just the revel links front and rear, and it turned out perfect. I went about 2” front and 3/4” in the rear. The front is maxed or close on air so if I try to go off-road it will error out. I have it set where I want it all the time though so I have no need to ever go in off-road as it’s always in it now lol. As far as load leveling you should be fine as the rear has a ton of movement stock so as long as you don’t go more then 1” up in the rear you should be able to go 1000lbs or whatever your payload is etc.. will be testing out this next week with my car hauler trailer and my Polaris ranger northstar.
Did you notice a stiffer ride with out the spacers?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Did you notice a stiffer ride with out the spacers?
Personally it still rides better then any other truck I’ve ever been in lol.. would it ride better with the pucks? Maybe.. but again I came from a 08 ram 2500 diesel and it rides 1000% better then that with the kinks even lol. I might do the pucks In The future if when hitting bigger bumps seems to max out the upward travel. Which is what I’ve heard. If that’s the case then lowering the air to stock or lower even would be a lot better to use a puck to get lift and use links to take a little air out of the bags actually. We will see. The pucks are hit or miss with shops though. Not a lot will touch an air ride ram and most dealers won’t either cause they say they don’t work with air. If your gonna do them yourselves and have them Shop then for $130 or whatever they are I would just do them.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
How difficult was the Daystar DIY install? $950 for 3 hours of labor including alignment I'm quoted sounds beyond ridiculous.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
would never touch a dealer for anything ex-warranty - indi shop in SLC

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
How difficult was the Daystar DIY install? $950 for 3 hours of labor including alignment I'm quoted sounds beyond ridiculous.
That sounds insane. Alignment should be 75-120 and pucks day on install sheet 3 hours I believe? Which would be about 360-400ish?

Lurts

Reaction score
I paid $5-600 for installation of my ReadyLift kit and alignment

jake_eizy

Reaction score
does adding a leveling kit void any of the warranties? 3 year or 7 year?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Got the tires installed on mine. Turned out perfect. I am Gonna lower the rear links 1/2 and it will be perfect stance. Right now I am 1 1/2 “ higher in rear. I wanna be 1” higher in rear
A35141BB-1354-40B2-BB7F-2C5A664A7050.jpeg

Lurts

Reaction score
Got the tires installed on mine. Turned out perfect. I am Gonna lower the rear links 1/2 and it will be perfect stance. Right now I am 1 1/2 “ higher in rear. I wanna be 1” higher in rear
View attachment 130722
Truck looks awesome, love the tire size. Is the rear lifted in this picture or still stock?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome, love the tire size. Is the rear lifted in this picture or still stock?
I got the lifting links from Revel. I’m gonna lower the rear about 1/2” and it should be perfect. I want the rear higher by 1. My measurements right now are:

Stock: F- 37.5
Stock: R- 39.5

Now: F- 40 3/8
Now: R- 42

JRD

Reaction score
Just to revive this from the dead, is this still the best option (listed below)? I’ve read all 12 pages and it doesn’t look like anything has changed. For reference, I am looking to get some TRX take offs. A problem I’m seeing is the thread I read the wheels is you need spacers for the wheels, however I saw someone in here say don’t get wheel spacers?

- Daystar level kit
- Revel Links
- 2” Mopar UCA

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For air ride, Rough Country and BDS have Air Ride compatible lifts. As far as TRX wheels, I haven't looked into it in a while myself

h4zegrey

Reaction score
Went down to talk to a local custom shop today about options for my Ram, he really pushed me away from the various kits and claimed too many customers were having air suspension issues (warnings, lock ups, etc). His push was to order some 3D printed leveling links from Shapeways (industrial 3D printer) and it would take him 15 minutes to install.

(Side note: he really suggested 295/50r22 tires for the stock rims, and had a highly negative view of spacers)

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[...] 3D printed leveling links from Shapeways (industrial 3D printer) and it would take him 15 minutes to install.

(Side note: he really suggested 295/50r22 tires for the stock rims, and had a highly negative view of spacers)
There's loads of tutorials on how to make a 'lift' from changing links, however that's just a sensor trick where the level / height sensor will compensate and raise the truck, stiffening ride, shortening travel etc. At the least, a set of tophat spacers and then links (Plastic or metal) are fine to return the shock stroke to oem tolerances, keeping ride smooth

as for spacers, it's a hot topic. some call it the 'wheel delete kit' because poor maintenance of spacers can cause U.S.S (unintended separation at speed)... spacers well maintained, torqued and looked after are fine assuming you're not also pushing the limits of load, towing , cornering, etc. I've calculated it mathematically (it's my background) and there's a thread here somewhere where I posted some quck math on the added load on the hub. It's personal pref (and budget) to use spacers over a proper offset wheel .

h4zegrey

Reaction score
There's loads of tutorials on how to make a 'lift' from changing links, however that's just a sensor trick where the level / height sensor will compensate and raise the truck, stiffening ride, shortening travel etc. At the least, a set of tophat spacers and then links (Plastic or metal) are fine to return the shock stroke to oem tolerances, keeping ride smooth

as for spacers, it's a hot topic. some call it the 'wheel delete kit' because poor maintenance of spacers can cause U.S.S (unintended separation at speed)... spacers well maintained, torqued and looked after are fine assuming you're not also pushing the limits of load, towing , cornering, etc. I've calculated it mathematically (it's my background) and there's a thread here somewhere where I posted some quck math on the added load on the hub. It's personal pref (and budget) to use spacers over a proper offset wheel .
Yeah, it's actually to the point where I'm NOT considering that shop for any level/lift work if they have a fundamental disbelief. Everything I've researched boils down to "it's fine if you do it properly" (which I'm willing to pay for or otherwise invest towards).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/