5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers

JD fixes it

Reaction score
Haha, just bought 1.5in spacers on Amazon and I must have had a grey moment, they were a set for all 4 wheels but I already put 2in on the rear so now I have an extra set. Shipping would suck for cost or I would sell them. Maybe I can do local to central Florida? They will be installed soon and I will report any rubbing. The 2in certainly rubbed up front.
Did you get the KSP spacers from amazon? If so what did you torque them to?

JD fixes it

Reaction score
I have a Rebel with KSP 1.5" spacers on currently. No cutting needed. Our stock wheels on the rebel can handle the ~1/4" overhang past the spacer. No Trimming required.
I just bought these as well...What did you torque them to?

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
I always torque spacers to factory recommend specs so i put a light coat of anti-seize only on the mating surface on the back of the spacers then blue locktite or red on spacer to ram wheel torque to 130ftb then place wheels/tires on normal at 130ftp.

Jeeper

Reaction score
I always torque spacers to factory recommend specs so i put a light coat of anti-seize only on the mating surface on the back of the spacers then blue locktite or red on spacer to ram wheel torque to 130ftb then place wheels/tires on normal at 130ftp.
exactly! the right way to do it. I always use red loctite

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

JD fixes it

Reaction score
But never use anti-seize on lug nuts only lock tite
1.5” KSP...I did 130 ft/lbs on spacer and 130 ft/lbs on wheel...Blue locktite but no anti-seize on surfaces, but I did clean them well...You reckon that’s good enough?

Reaction score
Do you guys worry about the KSPs being an inferior product compared to say Boras? The one thing I think Boras have over KSP is the Bora's are built to order whereas the KSP's are mass produced. So even though the KSPs look good is there quality control differences between the 2. Bora seems like each product is inspected and maybe a more hands on production over assembly line. Sorry just trying to think why they are so much cheaper. The only reviews I can see really are Amazon and funny enough Tacoma forum is about the only place I see them really talked about no other forums like GM or Ford as well. Boras are all over the truck forums.

I've got them sitting in my garage as testers to test fit to see how wide of spacers I need to work with my pocket fenders. My track is the same front and back after the lift, so I either keep all wheels sames distance and back wheels tucked in probably 1/2 or different sizes front and back to bring them even with pocket fenders (rear pocket fenders cover 5/8" more then front) .

Anyhow I doubt 1.5 will work all around, I'm thinking 2" and 2.5" but if the 1.5" KPS and pocket flares look I may be tempted to not order the bigger Boras.

Would you trust the KPS when doing 30,000+ km per year (19,000mi) ? All highway speeds. I don't take corners haes usually, I'm usually pretty slow and easy on my truck when cornering. Or should I not be cheap and get the Boras?

Last edited:

Jeeper

Reaction score
Do you guys worry about the KSPs being an inferior product compared to say Boras? The one thing I think Boras have over KSP is the Bora's are built to order whereas the KSP's are mass produced. So even though the KSPs look good is there quality control differences between the 2. Bora seems like each product is inspected and maybe a more hands on production over assembly line. Sorry just trying to think why they are so much cheaper. The only reviews I can see really are Amazon and funny enough Tacoma forum is about the only place I see them really talked about no other forums like GM or Ford as well. Boras are all over the truck forums.

I've got them sitting in my garage as testers to test fit to see how wide of spacers I need to work with my pocket fenders. My track is the same front and back after the lift, so I either keep all wheels sames distance and back wheels tucked in probably 1/2 or different sizes front and back to bring them even with pocket fenders (rear pocket fenders cover 5/8" more then front) .

Anyhow I doubt 1.5 will work all around, I'm thinking 2" and 2.5" but if the 1.5" KPS and pocket flares look I may be tempted to not order the bigger Boras.

Would you trust the KPS when doing 30,000+ km per year (19,000mi) ? All highway speeds. I don't take corners haes usually, I'm usually pretty slow and easy on my truck when cornering. Or should I not be cheap and get the Boras?
over the last 10 years I have ran many different adaptors on my Jeeps....name brand and off brand. Personally I had no performance difference. Main thing is make sure they are hub centric and I prefer aluminum over steel...use antiseize on mating surfaces and loctite on mounting studs. Check torque every tire rotation. All good to go. Also I am running 2" all around on my stock Rebel. Looks much better.

JD fixes it

Reaction score
SMH...The only thing I don’t feel good about is that I didn’t put anti-seize on the mating surfaces. I did clean it well, not that there was much to clean. Do I need to pull them back off and put anti-seize on them? Also, I see people saying to torque the KSP spacer to 90-95 ft lbs but the video above says “factory specs” which I assume is 130 ft/lbs for us. I did 130 ft/lbs for the spacer and the wheel with blue locktite.

Jeeper

Reaction score
SMH...The only thing I don’t feel good about is that I didn’t put anti-seize on the mating surfaces. I did clean it well, not that there was much to clean. Do I need to pull them back off and put anti-seize on them? Also, I see people saying to torque the KSP spacer to 90-95 ft lbs but the video above says “factory specs” which I assume is 130 ft/lbs for us. I did 130 ft/lbs for the spacer and the wheel with blue locktite.
don't sweat it...you will be perfectly OK. Many times I forgot the antiseize and had no issues....if they are ever a little snug coming off a light tap with a dead blow will free them with ease! I usually torque to 100 ft/lbs but Ram says 130 so that it what I did as well

JD fixes it

Reaction score
don't sweat it...you will be perfectly OK. Many times I forgot the antiseize and had no issues....if they are ever a little snug coming off a light tap with a dead blow will free them with ease! I usually torque to 100 ft/lbs but Ram says 130 so that it what I did as well

Thanks for the info...Do you pull the wheels off to re-check the torque on the spacers themselves after 100 miles or so, or just check torque on the wheel lug nuts?

Jeeper

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...Do you pull the wheels off to re-check the torque on the spacers themselves after 100 miles or so, or just check torque on the wheel lug nuts?
Good idea to periodically check wheel spacer torque. Typically I do at tire rotation since wheel is off anyways. Check with 5-10ft/lbs less torque than what you originally torqued them too

Reaction score
over the last 10 years I have ran many different adaptors on my Jeeps....name brand and off brand. Personally I had no performance difference. Main thing is make sure they are hub centric and I prefer aluminum over steel...use antiseize on mating surfaces and loctite on mounting studs. Check torque every tire rotation. All good to go. Also I am running 2" all around on my stock Rebel. Looks much better.

What spacers did you go with for the 2" ?

If the 1.5" looks fine with the fender flares I'll just keep the KSPs because they get good reviews on Amazon, Tacoma forums and people on here... I am thinking more then likely the 1.5" will probably not be enough with the pocket flares as the coverage is 2" and 2.6" front and rear respectively. My truck has the same track front and back now because of the lift. So either 2" all around and rear might be trucked inside of flare about 1/2" or 2"/2.5" so the tires are flush with the flares or close to it.. I will know more Saturday... I am assuming the front fender and rear fenders are out the same distances.

Jeeper

Reaction score
What spacers did you go with for the 2" ?

If the 1.5" looks fine with the fender flares I'll just keep the KSPs because they get good reviews on Amazon, Tacoma forums and people on here... I am thinking more then likely the 1.5" will probably not be enough with the pocket flares as the coverage is 2" and 2.6" front and rear respectively. My truck has the same track front and back now because of the lift. So either 2" all around and rear might be trucked inside of flare about 1/2" or 2"/2.5" so the tires are flush with the flares or close to it.. I will know more Saturday... I am assuming the front fender and rear fenders are out the same distances.

these are pretty much the same as the ones I have. I am Canadian so I ordered off Amazon.ca.

Users who are viewing this thread