5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wheel Spacers

Jeeper

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how much my tires will be outside of the fenders if I go with 1.5" front and 2" rear? Stock Sport (night editon style) rims with 35x11.5x20 Nitto RG.

I am under the impression that the stock rims are 19mm offset, with a 2" wheel spacer will that make my offset now -31.8mm?

Just trying to get an idea of where my tires will sit in relation to the Bushwacker Pocket Flares that I just bought.

After getting the flares yesterday and just holding them against my truck loosely (still have the stock and weathertech mudflaps on) seems it may look funny if I don't bring the rims out. I don't really want any poke I still want them under the flares. Or slight outside like no more then a 1/4"

Also, from my reading 1.5" front and my 35x11.5 I shouldn't have any rubbing issues while also having the Mopar lift with the added ORP spring up front?
2"
fd7a6935376c4353e1b9cc09c0399bfc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Jeeper

Reaction score
That's weird, bora says NOT to use locktite or it will void the warranty. Wander why the difference with spidertrax?
from years of experience running lots of spacers on Jeeps and fairly severe offroading and rock crawling I have always used red loctite when installing spacers.

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
That's weird, bora says NOT to use locktite or it will void the warranty. Wander why the difference with spidertrax?
I wouldn’t know but ran the spidertax and never had any issues every suspension bolt i took off my Jeep i put blue locktite on & marked the bolt head.

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
from years of experience running lots of spacers on Jeeps and fairly severe offroading and rock crawling I have always used red loctite when installing spacers.

You are right Spidertax said used Red locktite but i later used blue.

Reaction score
I'm running 2" have just an ever so slight rub only on drivers side while full crank in reverse only....not concerned at all
798b0070900f96dc998aa6fd27996d87.jpg

Looks good.

Is your truck lifted?
Stock rims?
Tire measurements?
Any cutting needed?
Did you use 2.5 rears to even out your front to back?

Also any other pictures from multiple angles?

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've ordered 1.5 KSP from Amazon because they can be here by Saturday. I figured it would be a good idea to order so I can see how exactly my rims will sit with the Bushwackers with 1.5.

I will probably send them back and order the Bora's just because I want the front and back to be the same distance out from the fenders.

I know some have said 1/4 and some 1/2 different between front and back.

Who knows I may like the KSP and keep them. We will see. I hope to test fit both the KSP spacers and Bushwackers this weekend to see how it looks.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
This is with 1.5" up front and 2" in the rear. The front track is already .4" wider than the rear stock. These are 295/55R22 (basically 35x12.5) on the stock black 22" rims (22x9 ET 19)

Attachments

• 20210325_224027.jpg
    20210325_224027.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 171
Reaction score
This is with 1.5" up front and 2" in the rear. The front track is already .4" wider than the rear stock. These are 295/55R22 (basically 35x12.5) on the stock black 22" rims (22x9 ET 19)

Thanks. So really if you wanted the front and back to be completely even you'd want .25" bigger on each side.

So say 1.75 front and 2" rear or 2" front and 2.25" rear.

What I don't want to end up with is tires 1" under the flares as it may look weird. I also don't want to rub.

I think the Bushwacket flares provide about 2" of coverage outside of the fender. My tires currently (which are 35x11.5 Nitto RG) stick out ever so slightly in the front.

I don't mind if the tires are about 1/4 to 1/2 inside of the flares. That won't look off putting. I'm def against them sticking out of the flares, I don't want rocks, dirt etc flying all over my truck. 1/4 outside would be max.

Anyhow I'll have a better idea once I get these 1.5 KSP and test fit the flares. See what that looks like. Then I'll go from there.

Reaction score
I know I'll end up measuring anyhow but I'm curious because I read this in another thread. A guy put the large ones on front and smaller on the rear. He stated that with the lift that the tires would have moved inward because the a-arms are no longer flat, that would have an upward angle with the lift. Thus, pulling your wheel further in. Makes sense.

By chance has anyone with a lift measure?

I've got the Mopar Lift with ORP springs. With the suspension and tires I got 5" of lift. Makes me wonder. Anyhow I guess I'll be taking a level and tape measure to see how far the tires are from the fenders on front and back. See which one has a longer measurement, that part would theoretically be the one that will need the smaller spacer.

Jeeper

Reaction score
Looks good.

Is your truck lifted?
Stock rims?
Tire measurements?
Any cutting needed?
Did you use 2.5 rears to even out your front to back?

Also any other pictures from multiple angles?

Thanks a bunch.

Thanks.
no lift
stock Rebel wheels/tires
non air ride
went with 2" all 4 corners. looks great in my opinion
very very minor rub drivers side rear of front fender liner...nothing to even worry about....only occurs if I am full lock in reverse left turn
51dc2b9b191c4fcefa6261039999050f.jpg

Jeeper

Reaction score
no lift
stock Rebel wheels/tires
non air ride
went with 2" all 4 corners. looks great in my opinion
very very minor rub drivers side rear of front fender liner...nothing to even worry about....only occurs if I am full lock in reverse left turn
51dc2b9b191c4fcefa6261039999050f.jpg

I'll take some better angle shots later today
7f8842cc0d758dfae8ec0ac9a79b3df0.jpg

Gandalfgrey

Reaction score
I've ordered 1.5 KSP from Amazon because they can be here by Saturday. I figured it would be a good idea to order so I can see how exactly my rims will sit with the Bushwackers with 1.5.

I will probably send them back and order the Bora's just because I want the front and back to be the same distance out from the fenders.

I know some have said 1/4 and some 1/2 different between front and back.

Who knows I may like the KSP and keep them. We will see. I hope to test fit both the KSP spacers and Bushwackers this weekend to see how it looks.
That is my plan i needed spacers sooner so i was gonna use KSP until boras came but i am more than pleased with the quality of KSP

Reaction score
Well I measured my track. First I went from center of tire to center of tire. And double checked with outside tire to outside tire. Seems as though the lift brought the front in 1/2" (1/4 per side).. So front and back is the same.

So I have 2 options. 2" all the way around, but tires will be in about 1" of the pocket fenders on the rear and flush in front. Or 2" front and 2.5" rear both front and back will be equal and back will be about 1/5 further out. I think option 2 will look the best.

For some reason Bushwacker front flares cover 2" and rear 2.6" even thought vehicles have a wider front track.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Well I measured my track. First I went from center of tire to center of tire. And double checked with outside tire to outside tire. Seems as though the lift brought the front in 1/2" (1/4 per side).. So front and back is the same.

So I have 2 options. 2" all the way around, but tires will be in about 1" of the pocket fenders on the rear and flush in front. Or 2" front and 2.5" rear both front and back will be equal and back will be about 1/5 further out. I think option 2 will look the best.

For some reason Bushwacker front flares cover 2" and rear 2.6" even thought vehicles have a wider front track.
Just be aware 2" up front will introduce rubbing

Reaction score
2" all around...the very minor rub isn't even worth batting an eye over imo

Full crank rub I'm not concerned, heat gun and reshape if it becomes annoying.

Rub on normal turns would be troublesome.

I've heard some without rubbing at all with 2" and others with rubbing.

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Full crank rub I'm not concerned, heat gun and reshape if it becomes annoying.

Rub on normal turns would be troublesome.

I've heard some without rubbing at all with 2" and others with rubbing.
In normal mode, I don't get full turn rub. Only when the wheel is halfway turned it catches the rear plastic wheel well liner. So it happened on normal turns before I reshaped it. Guess it all depends on the tires you choose too.

Sorceress21

Reaction score
We also can't forget about Aero Mode for us Air Ride folk and also en-route suspension travel. Obviously we can't completely gauge fitment based on a truck sitting motionless in our driveway without considering suspension travel. You have bigger tires or a stock set with an offset on that stock rig with no lift and you hit a big enough pot hole or rock at the right speed with just the right angle of turn on the wrong day with bad luck and you could possibly do a bit of damage.

Likely? Nahhh, "possible"? Something to consider. Weird stuff like that has been known to happen but then again so does winning the lottery, LOL. I personally have an, ahem, zero rub policy. Learned my lesson on that one years ago with 98' TJ and 35s. I won't bore you all with the details of my stupidity.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Scored a set of 18” Mopar Beadlocks and 1.5” Wheel spacers. I’m in between 35x12.50 or 285/75?.. Was leaning towards the 285/75’s and using the wheel spacers for a more aggressive stance. Yet if I’m going to use the spacers anyway, should I just go with 35x12.50 and the spacers (to clear UCA’s)?..

Only thing is if I don’t like the spacers with the 285/75 I wouldn’t have clearance problems. If I go with 35x12.50’s I’m definitely locked in with using spacers because of clearance issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeeper

Reaction score
Scored a set of 18” Mopar Beadlocks and 1.5” Wheel spacers. I’m in between 35x12.50 or 285/75?.. Was leaning towards the 285/75’s and using the wheel spacers for a more aggressive stance. Yet if I’m going to use the spacers anyway, should I just go with 35x12.50 and the spacers (to clear UCA’s)?..

Only thing is if I don’t like the spacers with the 285/75 I wouldn’t have clearance problems. If I go with 35x12.50’s I’m definitely locked in with using spacers because of clearance issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would do 1.5" spacers and 285/75. Nice stance, little less contact patch, little more clearance. Visually they will look like 35's.

Users who are viewing this thread