5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Known about the Bed Utility Group Options

matthewclarkg

Reaction score
You used to be able to roll your windows down by holding the unlock button (or lock) down for a few seconds. It was an awesome feature on my 2009 Journey. When we got the 2013 Ram, it didn't work. Researched a little and found FCA dropped it because people were complaining about their window being down. Bam, people who paid attention suffered because others couldn't understand how something worked.

You may be on to something @Edwards

I have seen plenty of people who make no consideration for weight limits and securing cargo.

Might also be, they missed something with the tailgate closing, and/or the multifunction tailgate that is late availability may have something too.

I would think you are onto something though.
OR because the new tailgate is lightweight it may not be rated for loading much at all and hence FCA eliminated the extender capability.... I'm just speculating..

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OR because the new tailgate is lightweight it may not be rated for loading much at all and hence FCA eliminated the extender capability.... I'm just speculating..
I hope that's not true. Folks hauling larger motorcycles, UTVs, etc will be bending the tailgate during loading.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 4th gen tailgate was lightweight also. The 5th gen brochures show stuff being loaded on the tailgate. The new tailgate just has the active dampening which allows it to lower itself.

Guess we will have to wait for the multifuction tailgate, just wonder which (or all) of the patents we end up getting.

Or see if the guys ordering the parts to make it work...the mounts are there...have to sign a waiver lol

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered. Laramie Sport with the bed utility group and it did not come with the divider. I was totally surprised since it shows it pictured when you build it online. Looking back, it isn’t in the actual description. I feel that it should be included as the rails are basically useless without it. Very misleading.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

anthtony

Reaction score
I am throughly confused. I ordered a Limited 4x4 2019 1500 with BUG. I am not in Canada (live in Iowa). I also didn't order Ramboxes. Can someone who owns a similarly equipped truck (Limited, with BUG, but NOT with Rambox) confirm whether the bed divider and tie-downs are included? I'd love to know what "BUG" includes...it seems extremely ambiguous at this point and might be based on Model and Country?

anthtony

Reaction score
PS - if I go to build a limited 4x4 and add BUG this is what is shows (attached). TIA!

Attachments

• E512A4E7-3FA4-42E0-A577-82B23D8B1397.jpeg
    E512A4E7-3FA4-42E0-A577-82B23D8B1397.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 116

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your Limited comes with the bed liner and bed lighting so a non-RamBox BUG should only include the rails and tie downs today. We've seen a few weird deliveries though.
Once released, the BUG should also include the bed step.

anthtony

Reaction score
Your Limited comes with the bed liner and bed lighting so a non-RamBox BUG should only include the rails and tie downs today. We've seen a few weird deliveries though.
Once released, the BUG should also include the bed step.
Weird. So what they advertise is bogus. When I asked my dealer a few weeks ago what BUG was he immediately said it came with tie downs and a divider.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Weird. So what they advertise is bogus. When I asked my dealer a few weeks ago what BUG was he immediately said it came with tie downs and a divider.

In numerous places with technical details (not the marketing stuff) like the brochure, it specifically calls out the divider with RamBox-equipped trucks.
If you notice your screen shot above, it shows the RamBox truck with divider. Also, there are posts all over this forum about all kinds of inaccuracies with the online configurator.

TCWoody

Reaction score
In numerous places with technical details (not the marketing stuff) like the brochure, it specifically calls out the divider with RamBox-equipped trucks.
If you notice your screen shot above, it shows the RamBox truck with divider. Also, there are posts all over this forum about all kinds of inaccuracies with the online configurator.
Without the Ramboxes the bed divider would not reach the side rails.

anthtony

Reaction score
Without the Ramboxes the bed divider would not reach the side rails.
Gotcha. That makes sense. Although I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed. I was really looking forward to that divider. Sounds like I'll have to just pick one up on my own :) Thanks for the feedback!

1Raider

Reaction score
Silly question but do all the Rambox trucks get the divider?

anthtony

Reaction score
Since I purchased the BUG (didn't order Ramboxes) and likely won't get the divider, I think I'll go with the Mopar bed extender. Anyone used these before? I like the idea of using it as a divider in the bed for small things like groceries, etc that you want to keep towards the back....

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku-y...pKXlDY8tfrKA-3zuWC0LhE70LGqG8BUcaAihJEALw_wcB

This video is taken off of a 4th Gen, but it is the same general idea:

cjgerson

Reaction score
Since I purchased the BUG (didn't order Ramboxes) and likely won't get the divider, I think I'll go with the Mopar bed extender. Anyone used these before? I like the idea of using it as a divider in the bed for small things like groceries, etc that you want to keep towards the back....

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku-y...pKXlDY8tfrKA-3zuWC0LhE70LGqG8BUcaAihJEALw_wcB

This video is taken off of a 4th Gen, but it is the same general idea:

Yes used one on my 2013 for 5 years and loved it. Which reminds me a I need to get that listed for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread