5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dropped it off at the service dept a few minutes ago with this list. Service Writer told me it would take a few days to get through it, made a copy of my list and immediately offered a rental car. I did notice the two RRT bulletins and Recall notice automatically populated on my R.O. As of right now, I'm only being billed for an oil change. We'll see how it goes, waiting for the rental as I type.
I need to do this when I take mine in for it’s first service.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had my windows down the other day for the first time and noticed the drivers side front squeak when hitting certain bumps. Also noticed a squeaking sound (like a squeaking belt) but only over 35 mph. Under 35 mph it goes away. Brakes on or off doesn’t seem to change it. Going to the dealer on Monday - they’ll look at it when the do the power steering ground recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines at the lower speeds - dont notice anything at higher speeds but let me know what you find out - maybe its a similar problem for me. Still waiting to get my recall appt.

ESL12

Reaction score
Mines at the lower speeds - dont notice anything at higher speeds but let me know what you find out - maybe its a similar problem for me. Still waiting to get my recall appt.
How are you finding out about recalls? Are you finding this info doing your own search’s or are you getting notified somehow?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wow, those are A LOT of "little niggles" : ( Sorry u have so many . But while ur at it, did you check if your Vin was one that needed the Power Steering fastener bolts tightened? The recall just went up last week, i have an appt for this Sat to have them cleaned & retorqued this sat....

But other than all of that, are you liking your truck? I mean, have all the things on ur list soured you to the point when you get it all fixed you would think about selling it as soon as possible?! Hope not, been a RAM owner for over 20 years, and while i DEFINITELY see the "quality fade" in THIS new 2019 in many areas, i haven't experienced any REAL issues and am optimistic for the most part they are a sound a truck as all their past gens... Here's hoping... : )

Still love the truck, none of the items interfere with everyday functionality nor have any caused any reliability issues (yet). However, I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I will absolutely not accept anything short of them fixing all of these issues. The truck drives and feels solid, I'd say my biggest concern is the body mount thing, I'm going to inspect it for rust and exposed paint after I get it back. It helps a lot having all of the info on this forum to allow me to see the cause and cure for all of these issues, and being able to provide that to the dealer as well, instead of going in blind and saying I think "X" is wrong, and them going "Can't reproduce" when they didn't try to troubleshoot anything other than the exact verbiage I specified. That's where the list comes in handy, I literally gave them the TSB and case numbers to minimize their diag time.

Dealer just fixed my no centerline. They need to replace the cvpm. That does it.

Awesome! I think I saw you post that elsewhere, that's the only reason I added it to the list, because I know the cure. It really doesn't bother me that it's not there, but if it's a free fixable item, I'm gonna go for it, lol.

I need to do this when I take mine in for it’s first service.

The list helped a lot. And I made sure to present it in a way that made the service writer see it as useful, instead of a list of demands from me. I told him "I made this list to help myself remember and keep track of everything so I could communicate it to you, would it be easier if I just gave it to you instead of you typing it all up as I speak?" This allowed him to take it, and type it all in the system without me standing there in front of his desk and verbalizing it all to him as he frantically typed. It took the pressure right off and made it easy to do at HIS convenience, instead of in a rush with a line of customers. I also told him he could have the truck as long as he needs it, that way there's no "can you come back and see if we can find it another day" crap that has nothing to do with the problem and everything to do with them overbooking themselves. If I went in there and said "I'm here for my app and I need my truck back at 5" and then threw that list in his face, I guarantee you they would have just drained my oil and sent me out the door with a "could not reproduce" on all 16 items.

Last edited:

Hadaway35

Reaction score
Installed LED bed lighting tonight. Tapped into the tailgate wire so it turns on with the cargo light. Or I can turn it off manually with the switch.
I got the info where to tap into from another thread in this fourm.
1d588c41cec2680fff1b757cf0eb9039.jpg
fd63ddc430ac97e9348cf0ef8d274199.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

feaguy

Reaction score
Here are a few pics. You have to flatten it out to roll it up past the sport bar. You can't get past the bar if you roll it up tight. Easily rolls up as shown in the picture though. Maybe with some finagling you can get it tighter but it's to cold here to mess around with it today. I was disappointed as I seen reviews/picture of the Sentry cover rolled up with the Go Rhino 2.0 combo View attachment 15659 View attachment 15660 View attachment 15660 View attachment 15659

Sport bar indeed, doesn't look like that thing could even take the weight of a child. Hope it was cheap.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed LED bed lighting tonight. Tapped into the tailgate wire so it turns on with the cargo light. Or I can turn it off manually with the switch.
I got the info where to tap into from another thread in this fourm.
1d588c41cec2680fff1b757cf0eb9039.jpg
fd63ddc430ac97e9348cf0ef8d274199.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk
What kind of cover do you have installed?

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the natural rubber, if normally nice and fat, look better on jeeps and trucks.

I usually only dress if theres a mud strip that doesnt seem to come off after a couple washes.

I have found a clothe with small amount of Armour all makes the tires look natural with no dressing and does not weaken side walls and will not produce slicks surface on side walls while protecting for dry rot.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That gives me an idea... While not automatic, I wonder if you could fire up the cargo lights when backing up to help out those marginal reverse bulbs. :unsure:

I'd give it a try right now but don't think the neighbors would appreciate the Borla this early on a Sunday morning. :ROFLMAO:
I have a set of 1500 and throw them on while backing out my driveway lights up great! just remember to turn em off when your finished backing up.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
good to hear! Your build date looks off on his "task sheet" (don't know why i noticed that : )

Yeah the "Date of Manufacture" is 8-18 (August 2018) and the "Month, Day, Hour" (MDH)on the truck is listed 08-05-12 (August 5th, at 12:00pm). I'm banking on them knowing the build year and listed the MDH as it includes the day of the month, which will be useful to them when discerning which TSB's apply

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
  • Installed an Undercover Swing Case, filled with tools/tow ropes/brackets/emergency flashers/etc.
  • Installed reverse/break LEDs on cab.
  • Installed visor LEDs
  • Silicon sealed sides of Opt7 Triple light bar where the wire goes in, just in case. I didn't really trust it's factory seal.

Still waiting on my Undercover tonneau cover... been weeks, and just today they picked it up from factory.

MIpxMuu.jpg

metb4

Reaction score
  • Installed an Undercover Swing Case, filled with tools/tow ropes/brackets/emergency flashers/etc.
  • Installed reverse/break LEDs on cab.
  • Installed visor LEDs
  • Silicon sealed sides of Opt7 Triple light bar where the wire goes in, just in case. I didn't really trust it's factory seal.

Still waiting on my Undercover tonneau cover... been weeks, and just today they picked it up from factory.

MIpxMuu.jpg
Looks good. Happy with the Swing Case?

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
Looks good. Happy with the Swing Case?
Yeah, easy to install.
Only change I would have made to it's design is a flip-up handle on the top if I ever wanted to carry it around, since it can lift up and off. I may end up 3d printing a handle, and bolting it on (+ sealing w/ silicon)

Users who are viewing this thread