5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

dannydyn

Reaction score
New magnaflow exhaust installed today.havent been able to test drive yet. It's raining out and I need to keep the truck dry for undercoating tomorrow.
750f6ee151d24713d0f4e2e17c2fc4ae.jpg

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the newb question, but is that a cutback system or just the rear (resonators) section?

Also, is a bolt-on system or does it require welding?

BJ77345

Reaction score

Hadaway35

Reaction score
Sorry for the newb question, but is that a cutback system or just the rear (resonators) section?

Also, is a bolt-on system or does it require welding?
This is just a muffler swap. You cut right behind the stock muffler and bolt on the new one. Easy swap.

Ambergn

Reaction score
A little surprised you left the 4x4 Offroad sticker on there. I removed mine and it looks great!

I think I may take it off when i apply the ceramic coat but haven’t decided yet. I want to see how it looks with new rims and tires first

Fly_Guy07

Reaction score
Bought it two weeks ago finally had a chance to wash it for the first time. Inch and a half wheel spacers installed brake covers installed interior LED lighting and fogs done.
4a94dc5ad8de598c8255fa28b68f8590.jpg

Where you get the brake covers?

dannydyn

Reaction score
This is just a muffler swap. You cut right behind the stock muffler and bolt on the new one. Easy swap.

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. You use the word 'cut' (implying you literally needed to cut the pipes), but then say it's a bolt-on... I assume you didn't literally cut the pipe, but rather just un-bolted the resonators?

Thank you

Creep0321

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. You use the word 'cut' (implying you literally needed to cut the pipes), but then say it's a bolt-on... I assume you didn't literally cut the pipe, but rather just un-bolted the resonators?

Thank you

Cut off, and then bolt on, they are not mutually exclusive.

Hadaway35

Reaction score

Thank you
You have to cut the pipe directly behind the stock muffler. Then you unbolt the pipe in front of the stock muffler. When you go to install the new muffler you put a clamp on where had cut it behind the muffler. the front bolts right up to factory. If you look at the picture you will see the original stock muffler has a bolt flange on one end and is cut on the other.

Hadaway35

Reaction score

Thank you
Here is the instruction sheet that came with it. I probably should have just posted this first before my long rambling response.
76ab8e6059eac69d69c6ecdddcb1d420.jpg

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the instruction sheet that came with it. I probably should have just posted this first before my long rambling response.
76ab8e6059eac69d69c6ecdddcb1d420.jpg

I'm looking at the B2 as well.. is that the 18" or 14" muffler?
Post up your impressions on quality/sound.

Hadaway35

Reaction score
I'm looking at the B2 as well.. is that the 18" or 14" muffler?
Post up your impressions on quality/sound.
This one is the 14 in muffler. My first impressions are It is very mild sounding. I haven't had a chance to drive with it yet. On my 4th gen ram I had the muffler delete. Which was a little too loud being I tow a camper on long trips. I think this one is perfect for me it is just a little bit above stock.
The quality of the muffler and the fabrication is very good.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This one is the 14 in muffler. My first impressions are It is very mild sounding. I haven't had a chance to drive with it yet. On my 4th gen ram I had the muffler delete. Which was a little too loud being I tow a camper on long trips. I think this one is perfect for me it is just a little bit above stock.
The quality of the muffler and the fabrication is very good.

Excellent... just what I was looking for... thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread