5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Howardlv22

Reaction score
Last week I broke the 24ā€™ in on her first real row trip up to flagstaff area in AZ, with our new to us 2019 28 foot toy hauler. Iā€™ve towed for years with all my rams in almost the exact build configuration or similar and maybe I just got all the weights and stuff right with the trailer, but she towed so confidently and just felt planted and solid. 3.92 gears like always. Tow package like always, 5.7 like always, WDH for the trailer for sure, just a good feeling setup Iā€™m super happy for years ahead with all our adventures. This is my first Rebel but I usually have a bighorn and the Rebel shouldnā€™t tow better idk šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø but it feels bada$$
IMG_1541.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpeg
    IMG_1528.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 21

W Six

Reaction score
Last week I broke the 24ā€™ in on her first real row trip up to flagstaff area in AZ, with our new to us 2019 28 foot toy hauler. Iā€™ve towed for years with all my rams in almost the exact build configuration or similar and maybe I just got all the weights and stuff right with the trailer, but she towed so confidently and just felt planted and solid. 3.92 gears like always. Tow package like always, 5.7 like always, WDH for the trailer for sure, just a good feeling setup Iā€™m super happy for years ahead with all our adventures. This is my first Rebel but I usually have a bighorn and the Rebel shouldnā€™t tow better idk šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø but it feels bada$$
View attachment 187315
What rig is that?
We are contemplating a Salem 260FSX RTK.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last week I broke the 24ā€™ in on her first real row trip up to flagstaff area in AZ, with our new to us 2019 28 foot toy hauler. Iā€™ve towed for years with all my rams in almost the exact build configuration or similar and maybe I just got all the weights and stuff right with the trailer, but she towed so confidently and just felt planted and solid. 3.92 gears like always. Tow package like always, 5.7 like always, WDH for the trailer for sure, just a good feeling setup Iā€™m super happy for years ahead with all our adventures. This is my first Rebel but I usually have a bighorn and the Rebel shouldnā€™t tow better idk but it feels bada$$
View attachment 187315

People have various thoughts about Bilstien shocks, but one thing they are certainly fantastic for is towing, and thatā€™s what the Rebel has that a Big Horn doesnā€™t (assuming stock for stock).
Wonder if that is a difference maker in your confidence level?

Howardlv22

Reaction score
People have various thoughts about Bilstien shocks, but one thing they are certainly fantastic for is towing, and thatā€™s what the Rebel has that a Big Horn doesnā€™t (assuming stock for stock).
Wonder if that is a difference maker in your confidence level?
I had the fox shocks on my bighorn with a leveling kit and 35s just like this truck, I think the Bilstein might be part of the stability. They really are a workhorse shock. The fox shocks were some of the worst shocks Iā€™ve ever purchased in my life. They were so squishy and soft.

Howardlv22

Reaction score
What rig is that?
We are contemplating a Salem 260FSX RTK.
2019 Riverside retro 827! We have a few hundred pounds of camping gear and stuff for the three huskies and our two boys, also we usually have my motocross bike in the back.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the fox shocks on my bighorn with a leveling kit and 35s just like this truck, I think the Bilstein might be part of the stability. They really are a workhorse shock. The fox shocks were some of the worst shocks Iā€™ve ever purchased in my life. They were so squishy and soft.

Ah, very interesting. Makes sense.
Digressive valving is good for hauling.
Fox are Linear valves.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The fox shocks will be more "squishy" feeling as they are designed to absorb bumps and dips at soeed

stevieb92

Reaction score
Todayā€™s mod is an Odyssey H8 AGM battery. There is nothing wrong with my OEM battery but after reading countless threads with battery issues in newer trucks I thought I would make the swap before it bites me. Taking that little plastic spacer nub out of the bottom of the tray is all it takes to fit an H8 in place of the H7. Iā€™ll get a new insulation wrap in the near future for the H8.

View attachment 187015

I can confirm the Mopar battery blanket part number 05033397AE works for H8 size batteries. The part number is on the sticker in the pic as well.

IMG_2961.jpeg

eazy1500

Reaction score
50cd5d5af09579c361549b0338863ca9.jpg

93328624d86c25028f4fcdc7b856869d.jpg

Filled it up and took it to the dump!

sblack33741

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It seems dealerships are having service problems, not sure which brands are better. Not particularly impressed by the dealership where I purchased my Ram. They are inundated with vehicles to the point if you did not purchase from them they will not service your vehicle and are weeks if not a month out. "Did you buy the vehicle here" was the 1st questioned asked.
It seems to me based on the hourly rate that it is profitable to have a good service department.

And just like you I will be taking into consideration "service" on my next vehicle purchase.
Post warranty, I do not use the deals hips. I have a really good Mechanic that I trust.

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
452644215_1697570611078569_8000353911494200318_n.jpg

Loaded up the truck and camper for the road trip! Everything strapped down short of the two cases of Mountain Houses, the brush, and the water hose. But those can fly around in the camper and not really damage anything.

I'm so glad I got the truck and kinda regret not going 3/4 ton for the longer bed. I like to keep everything toward the front of the camper while leave enough space toward the back, so when I get to campsite I have space to work inside the camper without moving a lot of stuff out.

boogielander

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
452307461_1191426582166818_4016811593345488016_n.jpg

Also not today but last night.
My friend was supposed to make decals for me to go on the sliders, but he's been lagging (too much distractions... aka, girls) so decals not done even though I requested over 2 months ago (I also forgot about it too, dealing with upgrading the camper electrical systems and other prep work)
So, last night, he gave me a crash course on decal making and I cut what I needed with the files that he vectored already. I'm still missing NH Overland and RCI... those will be added when I come back from the trip.

*All branded decals are made with permission from the businesses (CJC Offroad, Carli, RCI, and NH Overland)

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Loaded up the truck and camper for the road trip! Everything strapped down short of the two cases of Mountain Houses, the brush, and the water hose. But those can fly around in the camper and not really damage anything.

I'm so glad I got the truck and kinda regret not going 3/4 ton for the longer bed. I like to keep everything toward the front of the camper while leave enough space toward the back, so when I get to campsite I have space to work inside the camper without moving a lot of stuff out.
I'm really excited for you brother.

I hope this trip is eventful enough to be etched into memory, but not so much as to induce heartache or regret.

Godspeed!

We drive out tomorrow to spend a week in Wyoming. T'will definitely be a story, but I'm really hoping it will be fun. šŸ˜…

Davidbt

Reaction score

Driving to Alaska has always been a bucket list for me. I won't fly anymore and I'm retired and getting to that point its not going to happen. I will be watching and enjoying your adventures on your trip.

Users who are viewing this thread