5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang ! some big rounds there ! Hope you have a splitter ! After two shoulder surgeries I decided I was done with manual splitting of firewood ( apart from kindling and small stuff, or while camping )
Oh yeah the big stuff will go through the splitter. The smaller stuff I'm still stubborn enough to split by hand. At 35, and after years of playing hockey and baseball, my left shoulder needs done too. I've been putting it off, but it needs cleaned up. Took me a year after having my knee cut open, and somedays it still doesn't feel worth it.

Jmacnorth

Reaction score
I thought about that, an eBay seller has OEM tips already powder coated for sale. About $160 a set.

I looked at those but if I drop the cash I'll go with the Mopar 5" tips to match up with the Mopar performance exhaust I have. I'm strange like that haha

Thanks! I'm really happy with it and after owning 2 Rams in Granite Crystal, I'm really loving the Patriot Blue.
I think bought the same pair, they’re painted black all the way back right. I paid like 150 and after about a week the right tip developed like an orange peel texture but the other is still good. I guess you get what you pay for

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine (Ret.)
Site Supporter
Reaction score

jeffrich77

Reaction score
Hose clamp on the supply line for the heater core. There is a design flaw with early models, this stops heat bleeding into the AC. Drops vent temp from 52 to 42

I was intrigued by your post about AC temps so I went ahead and got the ball valve kit from Amazon. Put it in tonight but it's cool outside now. The rest of the week will be a good test for it as it's supposed to be a heat wave. Easy install. I only lost maybe 3-4 ounces of coolant because I used a tool to pinch the hose before I pulled it off. Valve went on easy, no leaks so far. The new hose pushes the stock out a bit more than I like. I may go back in and remove an inch or two to bring the OEM hose back into alignment. No kinks as it is though.

20240618_202941.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was intrigued by your post about AC temps so I went ahead and got the ball valve kit from Amazon. Put it in tonight but it's cool outside now. The rest of the week will be a good test for it as it's supposed to be a heat wave. Easy install. I only lost maybe 3-4 ounces of coolant because I used a tool to pinch the hose before I pulled it off. Valve went on easy, no leaks so far. The new hose pushes the stock out a bit more than I like. I may go back in and remove an inch or two to bring the OEM hose back into alignment. No kinks as it is though.

View attachment 184962
If you just wanted to test it, could have just used the same tool you pinched the line with and drove with it pinched off for a couple days. That would have been free.

jeffrich77

Reaction score
If you just wanted to test it, could have just used the same tool you pinched the line with and drove with it pinched off for a couple days. That would have been free.

True and I did think of that. But in every thread I read the results seemed overwhelmingly positive after doing the mod. If figured for $20 why not just go ahead and do it. If it doesn't work I can always return it to Amazon I guess.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my truck in to the dealership for an issue with the paint on my lower interior front passenger door. I was cleaning and my rag got caught up on what looked like loose paint edges. It’s rust bubbles because the factory missed the seam tape there like above in the first picture. I’m pi$$ed. They denied it because I’m past the corrosion warranty coverage time. I said, the factory screwed up and missed a process causing premature damage, it’s their fault and they’re denying it? So it’s okay if the truck starts rusting because of their neglect within a year after their coverage date elapses? That’s BS! How are you supposed to see rust when it’s occurring beneath the surface? I see the inside of that door once a year when I do my spring detail. The truck gets washed regularly.
Auto body shop quoted $1500.
I’m going to try to escalate this. @RamCares

IMG_6302.jpeg
IMG_6304.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread