5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
65bad023bca589e24cd6c25e442fc3f3.jpg

Washed her off from riding up dirtbike trails yesterday. Oddly this is the latest in the season summer wheels have stayed on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOzzz

Reaction score
Can you post pics of how you attached them to the truck. None of the holes one mine meet up with the factory mounting points. It almost seems like I will need to drill new spots to attach them?

I can take a pic tomorrow but I used the holes that were already there on the flaps and the factory screw holes. I started with the top one, then worked my way down.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got the OTA Update notice a few weeks ago. I pressed okay. It happened. No issues. Never noticed anything different.
so do you know what software version you went from/to for this update? i actually had an OTA update come in like a couple weeks before even getting this notice in the mail... so now i'm wondering if its already been done haha.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, a lot quieter and smoother. I had a set of DuraTracs and my buddy has the Wildpeaks. The only negative for me with the Wildpeaks, is they aren't very aggressive looking. If they would beef up the sidewall lugs, I would buy a set.
I agree... i also like the chunky rim protector on the duratracs and there aren't many other tires with that. The Nitto Ridge Graps have a good one but the one on the wildpeaks is pretty small. And for me it's not about like curb rash protection like it is on cars... for ATs it more prevents something from wedging in betwixt the rim and tire. plus i like how it looks. But of the lesser aggressive ATs i think the Wildpeaks still look pretty good and i've yet to hear someone not like them.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so do you know what software version you went from/to for this update? i actually had an OTA update come in like a couple weeks before even getting this notice in the mail... so now i'm wondering if its already been done haha.
It just showed up on my screen. I hit okay but was a bit worried cause I had to shut the truck off for an appt. before it was done. I came back and it showed update complete when I started the truck.
I never received a mail notice.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to start the truck manually this morning....again!

It has happened 3 times now where I try start the truck from inside the house, the truck acknowledges the signal (honks twice), tries to start but doesn't....makes the sound like the battery is dead.

When I go out, the dashboard reads "Remote start disabled. Start manually to reset".

Hit the brake, push the start button and it starts right up...everytime. No CEL or anything. Its not even that cold as we are still in negative single digits.

What's up with that?:unsure:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had to start the truck manually this morning....again!

It has happened 3 times now where I try start the truck from inside the house, the truck acknowledges the signal (honks twice), tries to start but doesn't....makes the sound like the battery is dead.

When I go out, the dashboard reads "Remote start disabled. Start manually to reset".

Hit the brake, push the start button and it starts right up...everytime. No CEL or anything. Its not even that cold as we are still in negative single digits.

What's up with that?:unsure:
Do any of these conditions apply? If so, remote start won't work.

1699286183184.png

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do any of these conditions apply? If so, remote start won't work.

View attachment 170646
Perhaps the only one that I cannot vouch for is the Battery charge. The truck is only 2 years old but I guess the OEM battery isn't meant to last too long.

BUT.....if the battery charge was low, wouldn't there be an issue with starting up manually as well?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perhaps the only one that I cannot vouch for is the Battery charge. The truck is only 2 years old but I guess the OEM battery isn't meant to last too long.

BUT.....if the battery charge was low, wouldn't there be an issue with starting up manually as well?
It's more of a safety, so if your vehicle doesn't hit certain parameters, it won't use RS. Just like with a CEL, your vehicle will start when you push the button, but RS won't work.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Could it be a low fuel shutoff? My diesel RV was like that. 1/4 tank and generator wouldn’t start. Fail/safe. Just thinking outside the box.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could it be a low fuel shutoff? My diesel RV was like that. 1/4 tank and generator wouldn’t start. Fail/safe. Just thinking outside the box.
I will confirm if you're at the "50 miles to empty" or whatever warning on the dash, remote start does not work. It will start, but not continue to run. That's usually how I remember I have to get gas that day :LOL:

JOzzz

Reaction score
Can you post pics of how you attached them to the truck. None of the holes one mine meet up with the factory mounting points. It almost seems like I will need to drill new spots to attach them?

c30e8d16aa49bd50740b05919ed1a4eb.jpg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sick!

Do they go back far enough to cover the cats? I can’t tell.

here is all the info you need/ want regarding the skid plate package. I did a complete overview and review of it a while back.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the new “Winter Meats” put on the Limited. Yokohama IceGuard G075 in a 275/55R20. 4.9 outta 5 rating from what I’ve seen.
Not the Hakkapeliitta R5’s I wanted, but also didn’t have to pay an additional $800 to get them.
I’ll give these a try this winter. Should be good for 🇨🇦.
Ya I know, the rims are Longhorn rims, truck came used with them but saved them for my winter tire swap out set.

IMG_5759.jpeg
IMG_5760.jpeg

IMG_9358.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread