5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've become the very thing I swore to destroy... I got a steering wheel cover 😅 feels real good tho and I like the way it looks/matches. Kinda reminds me of the Momo steering wheel I had on my Trans Am. Also trying to convince myself that I should buy a new wheel lol the "leather" on my current wheel went to ****.

20231103_163258.jpg

Also wired up my grill lights to the Auxbeam switch panel. I got over them being on all the time so now I have the option to turn on the grill marker lights or the amber on my fog lights.

20231104_111157.jpg

Last edited:

Davidbt

Reaction score
I've become the very thing I swore to destroy... I got a steering wheel cover 😅 feels real good tho and I like the way it looks/matches. Kinda reminds me of the Momo steering wheel I had on my Trans Am. Also trying to convince myself that I should buy a new wheel lol the "leather" on my current wheel went to ****.

View attachment 170546

Also wired up my grill lights to the Auxbeam switch panel. I got over them being on all the time so now I have the option to turn on the grill marker lights or the amber on my fog lights.

View attachment 170545
Wow, a CD player, I thought I was seeing things.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used my Ram today to pick up a SMOKIN‘ deal on a set of Yokohama IceGuard G075 275/55R20 winter tires. 14/32’s new. These were used for about 300 kms. Still registered 14/32‘S. Got the 4 of them off marketplace for $650 (CAD) cash ($465 USD). Winning! 😎

View attachment 170557
Dang bro!

I am still on the hunt for a set for my truck. I am presently running 4 seasons winter rated tires, but I feel like I'd feel better running dedicated winters.

Issue is that I just outfitted my wife’s car with a brand new set so I'm having to shop a little more carefully for mine.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang bro!

I am still on the hunt for a set for my truck. I am presently running 4 seasons winter rated tires, but I feel like I'd feel better running dedicated winters.

Issue is that I just outfitted my wife’s car with a brand new set so I'm having to shop a little more carefully for mine.
I was pricing out new tires. Mucho dinero! I used to run Hakkapeliitta R3’s but they’re like $1800 OTD now. I started looking at Marketplace and found these Yokohama’s. We’ll see how they run. I’m usually not a cheapo but I have to buy new Michelin Defender’s in the spring and they’re going to set me back over $2000. I won’t compromise or buy anything else. I still have good tread on the current ones, but went through some rain on the highway and could feel them break loose a bit. New ones? Zero hydroplaning first three years. Might still sell those for $400 to offset the cost of new.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something like this would be a simple fix and would probably boost your mpg back up a bit.
View attachment 170524
oh yeah the guy who sold me the GFC had a wind deflector on his roof and asked me if i wanted it.

I said it's okay lol i'm keeping the roofline clear. That was BEFORE i set out. i should've taken it LOL

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So today I had a late start; I tried to sleep in but I guess I'm just used to my not-so-comfortable-overly-too-soft bed and tall pillow at home that the firmer mattress and short pillow prevented it from happening.
1699157999704.png
Passed by the waterfall; I'd stop by if I had my offroad stuff but I took out everything to save weight for the trip lol
1699158095106.png
Passed by another favorite spot.
1699158118637.png
Said goodbye to UT and entered AZ
1699158151976.png
Went through the mountain pass. Still very impressed with my suspension setup. Did not feel any lean or anything with additional 295lb in the back! Heck, I was even passing cars on the steeper downhill section just letting it coast.
1699158241027.png
Say bye to AZ and entered NV. This would be the last fuel stop till home. This is also where the ATFireworks is (it's not ATF but I call it ATFireworks because they sell Alcohol, Tobacco, and Fireworks all under one roof. Grab what you want and then go check out. This is where I stock up my cache of cigarettes)
1699158353698.png
Passed by Vegas. Traffic was much better today despite lots of people leaving from SEMA week.
1699158391421.png
sometimes people do questionable things... like the color choice.
1699158422970.png
Covered 2424 miles in 4 days and average come out to be 16mpg. not bad considering how fast I was going.

1699158468667.png
Airing out the tent. Tomorrow will remove the stuff inside to wash and do a clean up inside the camper. If I have time I'll give the truck another wash. Or maybe I'll jump in on the wiring and wash it when everything's done instead.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I blamed winter fuel and idling time for a big loss in mileage every winter but it turned out to be my Sled Deck. It's amazing how little it takes to ruin the aerodynamics of a vehicle.
This lightweight aluminum deck would scrub 100kms off my average tank distance of 485kms.
It wasn't till I swapped it to my Dually and started running the truck empty that I finally discovered the difference.
Both trucks were leveled so I always wondered if keeping the factory rake would have changed the way the air flowed around it.

95RAM_200K 009.jpg Dually Pics 018.jpg

Last edited:

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I blamed winter fuel and idling time for a big loss in mileage every winter but it turned out to be my Sled Deck. It's amazing how little it takes to ruin the aerodynamics of a vehicle.
This lightweight aluminum deck would scrub 100kms off my average tank distance of 485kms.
It wasn't till I swapped it to my Dually and started running the truck empty that I finally discovered the difference.
Both trucks were leveled so I always wondered if keeping the factory rake would have changed the way the air flowed around it.

View attachment 170585 View attachment 170586
The visor on your old truck likely didn’t do you any favors in the mpg dept. either!

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
The visor on your old truck likely didn’t do you any favors in the mpg dept. either!

Neither does the V10! Mileage Is reference data only, not a real concern of mine.

Not sure how offensive the visor was but I know that the 4 lights on top of my roll bar knocked my top speed down from 134mph to around 115.

ap16^002.jpg

Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
59c3457f691e1e646199fbfdbe689b6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you post pics of how you attached them to the truck. None of the holes one mine meet up with the factory mounting points. It almost seems like I will need to drill new spots to attach them?

Users who are viewing this thread