5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

JOzzz

Reaction score
Can you post pics of how you attached them to the truck. None of the holes one mine meet up with the factory mounting points. It almost seems like I will need to drill new spots to attach them?

7b5cae924ea3a1c8e921a75f127007e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
7b5cae924ea3a1c8e921a75f127007e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I see why these were so cheap the fit and finish on them are sh**. Starters the rubber or plastic they are made of are ashy/chalky (even after cleaning). The fit is pretty far off. I see why husky is so expensive because they actually fit correctly. The holes by the front mudflaps are almost where they need to be and the rear ones are off by a long shot. And the rear does not contour around the shape of the oem mud flap.

Attachments

• IMG_6809.jpeg
    IMG_6809.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6808.jpeg
    IMG_6808.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6807.jpeg
    IMG_6807.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_6806.jpeg
    IMG_6806.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Black19

Reaction score
Added new tires today, and the b2fab bolt on oval muffler. I will have to get the 5 inch tips because the 4 inch dropped a bit and now a big gap between them and the bumper. Cannot see any way they can move up, short of loosening the tip and moving it up. Cooper 285/45/22

View attachment 170657 View attachment 170658
Are those E rated 10ply? If yes how’s the ride and MPG drop?

ocwill1

Reaction score
Are those E rated 10ply? If yes how’s the ride and MPG drop?
No on 10 ply, they are XL just like OEM.. Have had trucks with 10 ply, and they were not a nice ride, wanted to keep this one a nice ride, just a better performing tire in rain and snow

Black19

Reaction score
No on 10 ply, they are XL just like OEM.. Have had trucks with 10 ply, and they were not a nice ride, wanted to keep this one a nice ride, just a better performing tire in rain and snow
I sure understand that. I really want 285/60/20 but that puts me in a 10 ply.
I’m loving the Wildpeak ATW3 in 275/60/20, but want that one size larger look. Been debating for weeks…LOL

Davidbt

Reaction score
I got the oil change done at the dealer today and had a crank seal replaced under warranty. First time I saw a oil spot on the ground and it kinda freaked me out. I bought a matching OEM Big Horn wheel and TPMS to start doing 5 tire rotations so I can take advantage of my 5 new tires. The dealer wanted to charge me an hour of labor to pull the spare off of the steel wheel. Nope, I'll take it to big O and where I bought the tires and they will do it for free, along with my tire rotation.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my truck in for a rattle in the front driver side. Service told me it was the sway bar link. $64. Cool!
Except…..The sway bar individual links are on back order.
They said they can get the both links AND a new front sway bar. Extended warranty said no. Dealer Service went to bat with my Extended warranty and they finally gave in. All fixed!
Had a loaner for diagnostics and then again for repair. Luv my dealership!

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I see why these were so cheap the fit and finish on them are sh**. Starters the rubber or plastic they are made of are ashy/chalky (even after cleaning). The fit is pretty far off. I see why husky is so expensive because they actually fit correctly. The holes by the front mudflaps are almost where they need to be and the rear ones are off by a long shot. And the rear does not contour around the shape of the oem mud flap.
yeap. you get what you pay for.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up from powder coating shop and Installed my new rear bumper from www.wickedbumpers.com and DV8 light pods in the bumper. Not very good pics because stupid time change makes it dark early. Need to buy clips for the park sensors. View attachment 170672 View attachment 170673 View attachment 170674 View attachment 170675 View attachment 170676 View attachment 170677
Here you go. I edited it a bit so you can actually see the bumper configuration. Pretty beefy looking!

IMG_9380.jpeg

Cgalek

Reaction score
I recently bought the Husky’s and honestly I found the fitment to be just as bad on the rear like in the photos you show but as you mentioned the holes did line up and the they mounted to the quarter panels well. But still didn’t look like a perfect fit so I took them off. I ordered a set of the cheap ones as well so appreciate your pics. Will let you know if I have a similar experience. If I do I’m going to have to pony up for the weathertech’s. I actually like the Rek Gen’s but not sure how well they would do over time with the metal hanging over in the wheel well.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sad fit. Too bad.
Husky’s are the bomb! I like pretty much any of their stuff.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently bought the Husky’s and honestly I found the fitment to be just as bad on the rear like in the photos you show but as you mentioned the holes did line up and the they mounted to the quarter panels well. But still didn’t look like a perfect fit so I took them off. I ordered a set of the cheap ones as well so appreciate your pics. Will let you know if I have a similar experience. If I do I’m going to have to pony up for the weathertech’s. I actually like the Rek Gen’s but not sure how well they would do over time with the metal hanging over in the wheel well.
Weird. My Husky’s fitment was almost perfect. The only thing I had to do was slot the holes a bit on the rear ones to bring them in bit tighter to the body. Fronts were dead on. I liked that they included a bit of 3m clear PPF to put on the flare first so as not to scratch it with movement. Just the little things.

IMG_9103.jpeg
IMG_9102.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread