5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had to replace my battery today. I got in it Friday and it hesitated starting so I was going to have it checked today and it wouldn’t even start. Costco-out, Batteries Plus-out, ended up with a Die Hard from Advance Auto. I wasn’t expecting all the dash lights and my radio to display red instead of the normal yellow.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking at these as well. How is the sound inside? I want a little sound, but not over the top. I already have the Borla making noise.
It’s very difficult to put the sound into words, but I’ll try. It’s like a low, deep, sucking, throaty sound. Deep and throaty at higher RPM’s. Yes I am referring to the CAI sound. Lol. It might just be in my head, but for me it increases the WOT experience.

Black19

Reaction score
It’s very difficult to put the sound into words, but I’ll try. It’s like a low, deep, sucking, throaty sound. Deep and throaty at higher RPM’s. Yes I am referring to the CAI sound. Lol. It might just be in my head, but for me it increases the WOT experience.
I get what you’re saying. Thank you! Any change in MPG? I would expect a loss rather then a gain.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying. Thank you! Any change in MPG? I would expect a loss rather then a gain.
I’ve lost a little. Less than 1MPG over all but it’s only been 2 days. Lol. Since I had the exhaust done, and now with the CAI, I get on the throttle heavier than usual because I love the way it sounds from both ends now. Lol.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got the truck running and brought home, been a very busy few months. Going to be a fun project.

View attachment 166143

View attachment 166144

Had a devil of a time finding an intake gasket for the 440, but finally found one and painted it the 60's Mopar Green :) I know it should be Blue for 74' but the green is so much cooler!
View attachment 166145

You know its gonna be fun when the hood is held in place by a strap! :D

I bet there is a 5-gallon bucket where the driver's seat is supposed to be too. Am I right?

cnyram

Reaction score
Put on Westin Outlaw Drop Step nerf bars. I needed a lower point of entry from the OEM boards. These worked out great. The step is 3.5" lower and I think the curves complement the body lines of the truck.

View attachment 166134
View attachment 166133
Those look great! Are the tube ends closed off or open? I have similar ones from rough country and they have open ends. I live in the road salt capitol of the northeast and I think the open ends have accelerating the rusting.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know its gonna be fun when the hood is held in place by a strap! :D

I bet there is a 5-gallon bucket where the driver's seat is supposed to be too. Am I right?
Oh yeah it will be fun! I gotta find a hood latch.

It does actually have a seat! So that win!

397STROKER

Reaction score
This weekend I took the AFE shorty headers off and put the OEM manifolds back on. I started hearing the exhaust tick from the passenger header and tried tightening things up but it just got worse. The passenger side header had cracked at the back shortest pipe and weld. I guess now I will wait for the manifold to crack. I find it funny that people are having the shorty headers crack too and different manufactures too. Maybe there needs to be a hanger where the Y-pipe connects to the exhaust.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me? I hooked up a tandem-wheel car trailer, tossed a sedan on it, then towed it about 1 1/2 hours away.

The ecoDiesel chugged along at ~1800 rpm, 70-ish MPH, and it was as if there was nothing behind me. (I selected 4-wheel auto, Tow/haul mode (keeps transmission from hunting for gears) and turned off rear park sense.)

Seriously...it really acted as if there was not ~4,500 lbs back there.

This truck continues to amaze me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Me? I hooked up a tandem-wheel car trailer, tossed a sedan on it, then towed it about 1 1/2 hours away.

The ecoDiesel chugged along at ~1800 rpm, 70-ish MPH, and it was as if there was nothing behind me. (I selected 4-wheel auto, Tow/haul mode (keeps transmission from hunting for gears) and turned off rear park sense.)

Any reason why you went to 4-auto?

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Diesels are awesome! I miss my 2006 Ram MegaCab 2500 (600hp/1100 ftlb.) in a bad way. I rented a mini excavator once that weighed about 6500 lbs, plus trailer weight, and that Cummins hardly put in any effort towing it. Also towed my Jeep all over the place and could hardly tell it was there.

Users who are viewing this thread