5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ignored another opportunity to wash my entire truck in 100 degree 100% humidity and took it to the car wash after I finished washing the rims and tires only :)
That was me last year. This year i am just given it a quick wash in the afternoons. Even if i start after 6 it still gives enought daylight

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
I put a Sharp CB-2460 into my truck, powered by the 12v on the top of the dash so I can easily take it out (might wire it to the battery but unsure). I made an insert out of styrofoam to fit snug into the console, and the radio snug into the insert. No holes anywhere. Covered the insert in black foam drawer liner and it hides away nicely. Bit of a nostalgia/entertainment deal for me, but with the added bonus of security on the long trips if need be. The radio dates back to ‘78.

Attachments

• IMG_2887.jpeg
    IMG_2887.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2883.jpeg
    IMG_2883.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 39

Steele713

Reaction score
I finally got my Ram back after 10 weeks in dealer shop. Exhaust manifold, driveshaft and full rear axle replaced, as well as both side mirrors. Then put 275/65r20 recon grapplers(4ply) with some built to serve rims I polished up.
Love having my truck back, was way to long

Attachments

• 20230827_074632.jpg
    20230827_074632.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 87

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed a Rough Country CAI. Easy swap. I wasn’t going to go the CAI route with my 5th Gen, but got this for free from my brother in law. He says it was giving him trouble with his etorque. I don’t have ET in my Hemi. Sounds nice paired with the muffler delete. And can’t beat FREE.

471096E1-C90C-4173-B25B-05C3888A845A.jpeg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed a Rough Country CAI. Easy swap. I wasn’t going to go the CAI route with my 5th Gen, but got this for free from my brother in law. He says it was giving him trouble with his etorque. I don’t have ET in my Hemi. Sounds nice paired with the muffler delete. And can’t beat FREE.

View attachment 166121
Any improvements seen yet?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got my Ram back after 10 weeks in dealer shop. Exhaust manifold, driveshaft and full rear axle replaced, as well as both side mirrors. Then put 275/65r20 recon grapplers(4ply) with some built to serve rims I polished up.
Love having my truck back, was way to long
That’s a nice color! 10 weeks is a long time…

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 166121
I'd suggest when time comes to clean that filter, swap over to a dry filter. The difference in performance isn't worth the hassles and chances of an oiled filter.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd suggest when time comes to clean that filter, swap over to a dry filter. The difference in performance isn't worth the hassles and chances of an oiled filter.
That’s a good suggestion. I’m probably going to order one now to at least have a back up for when I need to remove to clean/oil it. Thanks mate.

pkman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Added some chase lights. Or should I say, a state of the art tailgater deterrent system? 😂

Lights are Strands Siberia RP’s. They have the option to run either an amber or red DRL similar to how my A pillar lights have the amber or white DRL.

Brackets are a universal style chase light bracket made by GODZ MFG. These brackets have two mounting points per side and the design allows for both a light and antenna to be mounted if desired. I mainly went with these because they work with most tonneau covers on the market.
Where did you find those lights? I couldn't find a US supplier

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you find those lights? I couldn't find a US supplier
Brightsource. They're based in Canada, but do offer free U.S. shipping, and its actually a pretty quick turnaround. Not trying to spam or advertise here, but I do have a 15% off discount code for Brightsource on my IG page if you do decide you want to grab anything. No pressure obviously, but if you're going to place an order you might as well take advantage of the savings.

Last edited:

Davidbt

Reaction score
I put a Sharp CB-2460 into my truck, powered by the 12v on the top of the dash so I can easily take it out (might wire it to the battery but unsure). I made an insert out of styrofoam to fit snug into the console, and the radio snug into the insert. No holes anywhere. Covered the insert in black foam drawer liner and it hides away nicely. Bit of a nostalgia/entertainment deal for me, but with the added bonus of security on the long trips if need be. The radio dates back to ‘78.

Pretty cool to use such a older model CB, also nice that it looks like it's in great shape. I'm considering a Cobra HHTR with the roof mount antenna for our upcoming Mississippi trip. I tried to get some opinions in the towing section, but most people aren't into CB anymore.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My MPG will probably take a bit of a hit because it sounds badass along with the muffler delete. So naturally I’ll be heavy footed for a bit. Lol. But that comes with the territory. The main improvement is that my truck Ego increased by 10%. 🤣
Ego mode is much more fun that Eco mode anyway.

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
Pretty cool to use such a older model CB, also nice that it looks like it's in great shape. I'm considering a Cobra HHTR with the roof mount antenna for our upcoming Mississippi trip. I tried to get some opinions in the towing section, but most people aren't into CB anymore.
It’s pretty neat that these people are just out there, not much is that simple these days.

Yeah I lucked out with the condition, barely a scratch and everything is stiff like it was new. I bought it on eBay from a guy in the UK, I sent the video and he was happy to see it in use again.

It’ll never lose value (paid around 50 Canadian for it) because it’s one of two types used in the ‘ole General. Looks like the hhtr is reasonably priced, would likely be more clear than a vintage one.

Davidbt

Reaction score
It’s pretty neat that these people are just out there, not much is that simple these days.

Yeah I lucked out with the condition, barely a scratch and everything is stiff like it was new. I bought it on eBay from a guy in the UK, I sent the video and he was happy to see it in use again.

It’ll never lose value (paid around 50 Canadian for it) because it’s one of two types used in the ‘ole General. Looks like the hhtr is reasonably priced, would likely be more clear than a vintage one.
That's pretty cool that it came from the UK. I wonder if it has a little more power than a USA radio does?

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry this took so long, I have been so distracted with life and the fact I have been to the dealer 3 times and now scheduled for a 4th time....

Anyhow, here are some pics of the project and yes it is Red, I feel as though the color Red has chosen me for some reason as every vehicle we seem to get is Red :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 160856
View attachment 160857
View attachment 160858

Needs some love for sure, but it does have a lot going for it.

74' Dodge W100, short bed, Club Cab, w/ Adventure package, A/C, PS, PB, SB V8, Auto and divorced transfer case and it's the NP 205, looks extremely overbuilt for a 1/2 ton truck.

Currently has an early 440 w/ headers and side pipes, so I expect this to make some noise:ROFLMAO:

The immediate plan is to get running and driveable so that way I can have it at my house, over the next few years it will get cleaned up and made to be road worthy.
Finally got the truck running and brought home, been a very busy few months. Going to be a fun project.

74 Dodge 6.jpg

74 Dodge 7.jpg

Had a devil of a time finding an intake gasket for the 440, but finally found one and painted it the 60's Mopar Green :) I know it should be Blue for 74' but the green is so much cooler!
74 Dodge 8.jpg

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
That's pretty cool that it came from the UK. I wonder if it has a little more power than a USA radio does?
What’s funny is that only Canada is referenced in the documentation, so it could have been from here originally - maybe I could ask the guy. From what I understand these ones are 4w.

Last edited:

Black19

Reaction score

View attachment 166121
I was looking at these as well. How is the sound inside? I want a little sound, but not over the top. I already have the Borla making noise.

Users who are viewing this thread