5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Unclepoot

Reaction score
It’s her Royal highnesses matched luggage, and said she couldn’t live without it! lol I kid, I kid. My wife is almost as bad with the shoes…

1687478708640.gif

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is very annoying! I used to camp for a few days and I could pack everything in the trunk of my Valiant without issue. I would take firewood, tent, chairs and food without issue.

Now when we camp, 3 cots, 1 queen cot with air mattress, 4 large suitcases, chairs, 2 folding benches, tables, tent(s), ironing board, iron, 2 plastic dressers, 2 mobile wardrobes and many many plastic bags with pillows, blankets, etc! Its total insanity! I was packing up the truck to take them and I joking asked if she was moving out :ROFLMAO: that comment did not go over well:p:p
Perhaps a funny story: I'd describe myself as "ultralight backpacker" and "overlander" adjacent; I don't truly fit in either camp, but I enjoy backpacking and truck camping, and so I follow and draw inspiration from both (ahem) camps.

Ultralight backpackers engage in p*ssing contests about who brings the least amount of stuff into the wilderness, while overlanders compete over who can bring the most stuff.

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On our last camp a week ago she drained the water table in the backyard and packed it in the RV, complete with all the floating toys.

We were going to a place that SHE KNEW had no hook-ups.....🤦‍♂️

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: dealer just called, they took everything apart and the replacement frame is damaged. So a new frame is on order.
Would not surprise me if it was damaged during install, or from an incorrect install.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would not surprise me if it was damaged during install, or from an incorrect install.
I was thinking the same thing. They are going to have a different tech do the installation this time. fingers crossed!

But it does explain why it does not sit level with the roof and why the sunshade will not stay attached to the side.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Hello guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
I installed the Vijay Front and Rear Off-road bumpers on my Rebel! I really love the way they look!
I was worried about the front fitting on the Rebel. But the bumper's mounting holes have a lot of vertical play allowing you to push the bumper up to fit the Rebel perfectly.
Assembly of the bumper was the hardest part, as they give you barely any space to fit your hand to hold washers and nuts. Other than that, super simple installation.
🤘🤘🤘
Have all the lights wired up to separate switches. Except the outer fogs are wired to factory fog light switch.
Did you ever get around to installing the sensors...if so any tips?

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Hello guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
I installed the Vijay Front and Rear Off-road bumpers on my Rebel! I really love the way they look!
I was worried about the front fitting on the Rebel. But the bumper's mounting holes have a lot of vertical play allowing you to push the bumper up to fit the Rebel perfectly.
Assembly of the bumper was the hardest part, as they give you barely any space to fit your hand to hold washers and nuts. Other than that, super simple installation.
🤘🤘🤘
Have all the lights wired up to separate switches. Except the outer fogs are wired to factory fog light switch.
View attachment 156165
What brand of winch did you install?

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone that bought or installed Leer tonneau covers, did your kit come with an “angle rail spacer seal?” I don’t know where this is supposed to go, and noticed I’m getting a lot of water inside my bed while everything closed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 39

barrak

Reaction score
Isn't that just the most annoying thing??

The house is literally empty when we go camping.....and we end up using maybe 15% of all the crap they made me jig-saw into the truck/trailer.
That's your fatal mistake. Pack the necessary items first, and inexpertly, then feign a back spasm and let them puzzle over what item or two they may or may not be able to fit in.

Burns1200

Reaction score
Added the tailgate handle from a 21-current truck with the light in it to my 19 Limited. I found out that there is tailgate latch releases on the inside if you close the gate with no handle or the wiring not connected. I also found some big piles of road dirt getting caught in the back of the bedside behind the back wheels so I cleaned them out too.
PXL_20230624_202859053.MP.jpg PXL_20230624_195003170.MP.jpg

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perhaps a funny story: I'd describe myself as "ultralight backpacker" and "overlander" adjacent; I don't truly fit in either camp, but I enjoy backpacking and truck camping, and so I follow and draw inspiration from both (ahem) camps.

Ultralight backpackers engage in p*ssing contests about who brings the least amount of stuff into the wilderness, while overlanders compete over who can bring the most stuff.
We enjoy “Glamping”! I just leave mine packed ready to go. With everything you can imagine.

IMG_8498.jpeg

Last edited:

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added the tailgate handle from a 21-current truck with the light in it to my 19 Limited. I found out that there is tailgate latch releases on the inside if you close the gate with no handle or the wiring not connected. I also found some big piles of road dirt getting caught in the back of the bedside behind the back wheels so I cleaned them out too.
View attachment 161470 View attachment 161471

Do you know if this is plug and play for all the 2019's?

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: now the rear portion of the sunroof has come loose and now I get to hear window buffeting while driving.

I am about to take it all apart myself and figure it out and it get done. This is just ridiculous.
sunroof 1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread